Old 05-13-2015, 12:03 AM   #1
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Let's Get Real About Jesus

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:39 AM   #2
Davin
Obsessed Member

American Jesus?

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:34 PM   #3
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Jesus of the man-boobs.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:57 PM   #4
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Praise the lard.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:50 AM   #5
Prycejosh

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
you need to take things eriously how are you going to get saved? its very hard you dont even take things seriously.
Prycejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:20 PM   #6
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:13 PM   #7
AtomJack

Quote:
Prycejosh wrote View Post
you need to take things eriously how are you going to get saved? its very hard you dont even take things seriously.
OK, go do a little looking around the internet. How can one take xtianity seriously, when the halo shown in the first post was made up in the 4th century? The whole magilla of xtianity is made up. There is a show coming up on TV about the Dead Sea Scrolls and how they may change the buy-bull. These scrolls were some of what was hidden so that they wouldn't be incorporated into the rest of the pick-and-choose that was used for the buy-bull, which was mashed up 40 to 70 years after the alleged jesus' existence. Will these scrolls be incorporated in some way? Confession is an artifact (MADE UP) of the 16th Century- what did the faithful do before that, for forgiveness? Are you starting to get a feel for why you get dick for respect here?

Then again...do you believe the whole buy-bull is the inerrant word of your putative god? Because the concept of hell was invented in the new testament, and gets no mention in the OT. Do tell us.

BTW, 2 Corinthians- http://biblehub.com/2_corinthians/6-14.htm

Personally, I think being saved from xtianity by reasoning skills is reward enough..and wtf are you doing here, yoked to non-believers?
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:33 AM   #8
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
How do you know Jesus didn't look like this? There are no descriptions of Jesus anywhere. Strange? According to many he is by far the most important man to walk the earth yet no one seemed to remember or record what he looked like. What's more there is not one contemporary account of his existence. One is left wondering if he ever existed at all.

Last edited by Kinich Ahau; 06-19-2015 at 12:56 AM.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:50 AM   #9
Prycejosh

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
How do you know Jesus didn't look like this? There are no descriptions of Jesus anywhere. Strange? According to many he is by far the most important man to walk the earth yet no one seemed to remember or record what he looked like. What's more there is not one contemporary account of his existence. One is left wondering if he ever existed at all.
i dont know what he looked like. it was done on purpose to stop people from making images of him to worship. at the time only a couple of thousand of people believed in him hes more important now to people then he was back in the day. the sites of the jews stand to this day. hes recorded in a book of people who committed crime. for telling people to not pay taxes apprently which isnt true.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:55 AM   #10
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Please provide a link to this book of people that committed crimes. Lol.

Old 06-19-2015, 03:57 AM   #11
Prycejosh

i dont get respect because of what i believe in which is the truth. those extra stories were proven illlegit. i did my research on them. the time scales were all wrong. the people still needed to believe in god and awaited the messiah near the old testament but god showed himself more vague so it was easier to believe problem was that he was very strict. either way when you believe one you believe in the 3. holy spirit is holy and the anionting god the father lays down the rules and talks to the prophets and jesus makes appearances in the form of the angel of the lord and son of man.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:59 AM   #12
Prycejosh

Quote:
AtomJack wrote View Post
OK, go do a little looking around the internet. How can one take xtianity seriously, when the halo shown in the first post was made up in the 4th century? The whole magilla of xtianity is made up. There is a show coming up on TV about the Dead Sea Scrolls and how they may change the buy-bull. These scrolls were some of what was hidden so that they wouldn't be incorporated into the rest of the pick-and-choose that was used for the buy-bull, which was mashed up 40 to 70 years after the alleged jesus' existence. Will these scrolls be incorporated in some way? Confession is an artifact (MADE UP) of the 16th Century- what did the faithful do before that, for forgiveness? Are you starting to get a feel for why you get dick for respect here?

Then again...do you believe the whole buy-bull is the inerrant word of your putative god? Because the concept of hell was invented in the new testament, and gets no mention in the OT. Do tell us.

BTW, 2 Corinthians- http://biblehub.com/2_corinthians/6-14.htm

Personally, I think being saved from xtianity by reasoning skills is reward enough..and wtf are you doing here, yoked to non-believers?
Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
Please provide a link to this book of people that committed crimes. Lol.
you have to go jerusalem to see the book. its officially recorded apprently.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:43 AM   #13
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

I know the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists because it once got a reprimand for an incorrect takeoff at LosAngeles airport. I can't be bothered looking it up though.

How about a wiki reference then Priceless Josh?

Old 06-19-2015, 10:18 AM   #14
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
i dont get respect because of what i believe in which is the truth..

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:56 PM   #15
AtomJack

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
One of old Rodney's best, or one I like best-

I go to the psychiatrist, he tells me I'm crazy. I ask for a second opinion, he says, "You're ugly, too, turn face down on the couch", sheeze, I get no respect.
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote