Old 12-11-2011, 01:13 PM   #181
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post

She lusted after lovers with genitals as large as a donkey’s and emissions like those of a horse.

Ezekiel 23:20

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #182
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I'm torn between "god is just testing us" or the first appearance of "mysterious ways". He could of course play the "cruel bullies" or the "not enough time to do this justice" card - or he'll simply write about us again on his wanky blog. Either way, he's still just a passing thick cunt with as much intellectual capacity and honesty as one of my famed traditional morning turds.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #183
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
I'm torn between "god is just testing us" or the first appearance of "mysterious ways". He could of course play the "cruel bullies" or the "not enough time to do this justice" card - or he'll simply write about us again on his wanky blog. Either way, he's still just a passing thick cunt with as much intellectual capacity and honesty as one of my famed traditional morning turds.
I've never read his blog. He writes about us? That should be entertaining. Where is it? What's it called?
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:52 PM   #184
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Broga wrote View Post
I've never read his blog. He writes about us? That should be entertaining. Where is it? What's it called?
You're missing nothing, don't worry about it. I refuse to post a link to the crap, but you can find one on E-bore's homepage if you feel like slitting your wrists.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 12-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #185
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Really? Oh no! Wait, maybe that's why I used the word "like." Sorry, let me explain: "like" means similar to but not actually the same.
"like" links the feature, in this case unreality, between the two examples.
Quote:
First off, think about it: If you could comprehend God, how could that be God?

If you could comprehend the working of an internal combustion engine, would you know everything about the world's transportation system? No, of course not. But from God we have not even a droplet of coolant fluid on the garage floor that is real.
Quote:
The God who created the universe? It couldn't be. It would only be some force, like gravity.
Theists insist that God uses worldly forces and influences to accomplish His tasks (then contradict themselves by calling it a miracle), but, like ID, they cannot substantiate that God did any such manipulation. That is, no evidence that God has any effect on reality.
Quote:
And that force would require an explanation for it's existence, in other words, that god would require a God.
Quote:
Having said that, let me repeat something from Sunday School: For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
I am not sure why you set up Sunday school as a source of knowledge or truth; its whole basis, the Bible, is under severe question as other than a fairly complete fiction akin to an inaccurate historical novel.
Quote:
We can't comprehend God, but we can use the revelation of God that God sent to us. When his disciples asked Jesus to show them the Father, he said: "If you have seen me, you have seen the Father."
When a comedian said "If you have seen me, you have seen Joe Pesci" that did not make it so, that did not make the comedian a real person and it was not evidence that Joe Pesci exists. Your Bible quote is both useless and self-defeating.
Quote:
But you want to hold God in your hand. You want to analyze God down to nothing ala Spinoza.

You are still mistaken. I simply care if what I believe is true or not and I reserve my belief for things which give me reason to believe they are true.

I want to see something, however small and simple and easy to comprehend it might be, whose existence or state can only have been due to some thing worthy of being called a god. Later we can sort out whose god it was. For now, we have not so much as a grease smudge from some god's mighty brow.
Quote:
But how could a creation ever fully comprehend its creator? It can't. Your atheism is based on an absurdity.
Your bleating that we want full comprehension of the creator is a straw man and it is not honest of you to keep trying to use it.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #186
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Broga wrote View Post
www.trannydate.com

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 12-11-2011, 03:16 PM   #187
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Jeez Slimer - in the interests of community cohesion, we'll let the spamming go - just this once.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 12-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #188
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
No way, Smelly (regarding me fucking off). You're my touchstone. I'm going to use you to the fullest.

See! God even has a purpose for what you always thought was a completely useless life of suffering. He uses you for me! Doesn't that make you happy?

Your life actually has some meaning in the grand scheme of things. I mean, you're still going to burn in hell, probably fairly soon if that profile pic is you, but you actually matter in the universe--because I matter to God. Funny how that works, huh? Whodathunkit?
Wow, what an ego(r).
I love how hypochrists inevitably fall back on "well you are going to burn in hell for eternity for mocking (my) god!" I imagine it makes them feel so much better. It's like, "yeah, well, wait till my imaginary friend kicks your butt after you are dead"...on the other hand it's also kind of like fantasizing about dancing on someone's grave. Of course, it wasn't at all amusing when idiots like ego(r) actually had political power....

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #189
Egor

Quote:
Broga wrote View Post
Egor: Please explain which of these, if either, is true.
And as at least one cannot be true then Mathew, Mark, Luke, John cannot be
the inerrant word of God as you state.

"Jacob begat Joseph." Matthew 1.16

"Joseph, which was the son of Heli." Luke 3.23

I cannot demonstrate any clearer than this that you are wrong. These two
statements provide irrefutable evidence that Matthew, Mark, Luke, John
cannot be the inerrant word of God.
Are you sure?
Quote:
You are on show here Egor. Clearly in the frame. Either you run away
or admit you are wrong and retain at least a scrap of dignity. Your honesty
is on the line.

I await your reply with interest. Your failure to reply will be even more
interesting.
What if God didn’t want us to dismiss these as historical records? What if
He wanted us to look deeper into them? If the two genealogies don’t jive,
what does that mean?

I’ve always thought it meant that the genealogies didn’t matter. But why
wouldn’t it matter? Perhaps because God wants me to realize that Jesus isn’t

like any earthly king, that his power isn’t derived from his earthly
lineage. And then I begin to think about what Jesus did in the desert and
how he turned Satan down when Satan offered him all the kingdoms of the
world, and then I see that the discordant lineage is actually telling me
that Christ is at odds with the world’s way of acquiring power, that real
power comes from what we can turn down, not what we can accumulate.

Then I see that Jesus isn’t like Henry the VIII or Herod the Great. I see
that he’s more powerful than they are. And I see why he had a crown of
thorns and not a crown of Gold, because he wasn’t like an earthly king who was born to an earthly throne. He was powerful enough to come from God and die for his subjects. He wasn’t clawing to get up to anything; he was able to come down.

Suddenly, the genealogies make perfect sense, and if they had been written any other way, I never would have come to understand what real power is. I would have always been deluded about power and confused it with having money and possessions. And then I see why Jesus was so opposed to people being rich, and it’s like my eyes are being opened, and I can see for the first time, and then I realize why healing the blind was such a heralded miracle that Jesus performed, and that he did it for me, too. I was blind, but now I see!

And if he can do that by the Word of God, then it’s true when he says,
“Heaven and earth will pass away but my word will never pass away.” And then I realize he’s still alive. Not like a physical body, but really alive with
real life—eternal life, because he’s speaking to me through his word!

In what you thought was a mistake, I found the whole Gospel message
contained.

You can believe whatever you want. I will always be thankful God made the genealogies discordant.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #190
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post

Are you sure?

What if God didn’t want us to dismiss these as historical records? What if He wanted us to look deeper into them? If the two genealogies don’t jive, what does that mean?

I’ve always thought it meant that the genealogies didn’t matter. But why wouldn’t it matter? Perhaps because God wants me to realize that Jesus isn’t like any earthly king, that his power isn’t derived from his earthly lineage. And then I begin to think about what Jesus did in the desert and how he turned Satan down when Satan offered him all the kingdoms of the world, and then I see that the discordant lineage is actually telling me that Christ is at odds with the world’s way of acquiring power, that real power comes from what we can turn down, not what we can accumulate.

Then I see that Jesus isn’t like Henry the VIII or Herod the Great. I see that he’s more powerful than they are. And I see why he had a crown of thorns and not a crown of Gold, because he wasn’t like an earthly king who was born to an earthly throne. He was powerful enough to come from God and die for his subjects. He wasn’t clawing to get up to anything; he was able to come down.

Suddenly, the genealogies make perfect sense, and if they had been written any other way, I never would have come to understand what real power is. I would have always been deluded about power and confused it with having money and possessions. And then I see why Jesus was so opposed to people being rich, and it’s like my eyes are being opened, and I can see for the first time, and then I realize why healing the blind was such a heralded miracle that Jesus performed, and that he did it for me, too. I was blind, but now I see!

And if he can do that by the Word of God, then it’s true when he says, “Heaven and earth will pass away but my word will never pass away.” And then I realize he’s still alive. Not like a physical body, but really alive with real life—eternal life, because he’s speaking to me through his word!

In what you thought was a mistake, I found the whole Gospel message contained.

You can believe whatever you want. I will always be thankful God made the genealogies discordant.
What a turd polisher!

Old 12-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #191
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
lostsheep wrote View Post
Wow, what an ego(r).
I love how hypochrists inevitably fall back on "well you are going to burn in hell for eternity for mocking (my) god!" I imagine it makes them feel so much better. It's like, "yeah, well, wait till my imaginary friend kicks your butt after you are dead"...on the other hand it's also kind of like fantasizing about dancing on someone's grave. Of course, it wasn't at all amusing when idiots like ego(r) actually had political power....
Yep! The Dark Ages was not such a laugh. It's fortunate that clowns like Egor are losing their ability to terrorize those who disagree with their nonsense.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #192
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Jeez Slimer - in the interests of community cohesion, we'll let the spamming go - just this once.

I appreciate the small mercy. We wouldn't want to be responsible for obstructing someone's true love.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:11 PM   #193
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
What a turd polisher!
What a laugh! To think that EGOr came here and announced he wasn't a Christian. How dishonest can you get?

I didn't realise turds could get so shiny!

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:37 PM   #194
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

He claimed he wasn't a Christian? What a liar...a liar for Jesus, though, so it's okay.

I guess lying, and the buybull being inconsistent (a.k.a., wrong, errant, incorrect) are all part of Gawd's plan. So, Gawd deliberately made the buybull wrong so that Ego(r) would have to conclude that genealogies that don't jive means that Jesus was not a typical earthly king, that he was a heavenly non-earthly one. That really is some excellent turd polishing, I have to admit.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:53 AM   #195
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Are you sure?

what does that mean?

like any earthly king, that his power isn’t derived from his earthly
lineage. And then I begin to think about what Jesus did in the desert and
how he turned Satan down when Satan offered him all the kingdoms of the
world, and then I see that the discordant lineage is actually telling me
that Christ is at odds with the world’s way of acquiring power, that real
power comes from what we can turn down, not what we can accumulate.

thorns and not a crown of Gold, because he wasn’t like an earthly king who was born to an earthly throne. He was powerful enough to come from God and die for his subjects. He wasn’t clawing to get up to anything; he was able to come down.

“Heaven and earth will pass away but my word will never pass away.” And then I realize he’s still alive. Not like a physical body, but really alive with
real life—eternal life, because he’s speaking to me through his word!

contained.

Credit where credit is due - I've said this before, I'll say it again. You really have a knack for talking shit - for talking a straight forward topic, twisting it until the original topic is no longer present, and then re-presenting it to reflect your agenda, absent the original idea. You can take that as a compliment or as an insult, I don't care.

It's a skill that most politicians and evangelical speakers have. Unfortunately it only tends to work on those that are already tended towards sharing the opinion that you have, or the stupid (which in this case is pretty much the same thing).

I fear that if your goal is to convince those that don't share your ideals that you are correct, you are finding yourself far off the mark. Anyone who cares to can dissect your arguments and see that you are not fairly representing anything. Those who are inclined to hear what you have to say, however, will probably listen to you.

You may even find yourself gaining some recognition amongst those people.

So if all you are after is some empty ( and very, very minor) celebrity amongst the hardcore crazies, congratulations, I fear you just may get it.

But if you were searching for anything more meaningful, I would suggest trying to go down a different path. Try honesty, that might do you some good.

Of course, given that Christians lack the ability to be honest (their worldview calls for delusion on a grand scale), you may find yourself alienating your only possible audience if you do. Though, like I said, given that you guys have to be dishonest if you want to continue living this lie, I doubt you could tell the truth if you wanted to.

I want to give you a basic example of what I mean - using your response as a guide, but seeking a seperate end point, I'll see if I can twist it it to meet my desired end meaning, much like you set your desired end and worked your logic there, instead of letting it follow a natural course.

Jesus is an Alien

what does that mean?

like any earthly king.

And then I begin to think about what god would be saying, if his Earthly lineage cannot be traced back, then I see how Jesus had his 12 apostles, the same number of constelations in the horoscope, and I see that Jesus was the "Sun" (son) in the middle.

thorns and not a crown of Gold, the thorns representing the stars, the birthplace of jesus, because he wasn’t like an earthly king who was born to an earthly throne.

Suddenly, the genealogies make perfect sense. Jesus wasn't a human at all, rather the son of "god" - another alien race who came here to experiment, using their superior scientific powers. And then I realize why healing the blind was such a heralded miracle that Jesus performed!
Heaven, then, must be the place where god resides - the ship that brought them here.

“Heaven and earth will pass away but my word will never pass away.” And then I realize that they must have back-ups of the bible stored on their home planet just in case they do something stupid like blow up the earth and take their ship with it.

contained.

Okay, so it lacks the prose of yours, but I think you might see my point.

Wait, what am I saying? You're dense as fuck, of course you don't see my point. Oh well.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote