oh dear- it's back

hello halfwit

now fuck off

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #17
Michael
Obsessed Member

Eh, I wasn't here for you last time so I'll play along for a few moments, but really your request isn't even that interesting to begin with so don't expect anyone to bother with it too much. I'm also guessing based on your posts that English is not your first language, correct?

Anyway, I'm not sure who it is that is positing that "the natural world is all there exists". I certainly wouldn't phrase it like that. Rather, like West said "The natural world is the only 'world' that has an observable and repeatedly demonstrable effect on my being".

That is to say that only things that have a measurable effect on the natural world should be considered as "existing". Anything that does not or cannot have a measurable effect cannot then be distinguished from something that does not exist and therefore can't and shouldn't be considered.

So far, this "god" has not been shown to have any measurable effect on the "natural world" as you put it, and even if he/it does exist, is in no way distinguishable from non-existence. Therefore it is treated as such.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #18
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Godlovesyou wrote View Post
Since you are demonstrating not enough intelligence and education to adress the issues, but think insulting the counterpart is necessary, you need to find people of your level to behave as kids in the playyard.
Indeed? Apparently you lack the ability to defend your well-thought-out position against even a lowly play yard simpleton.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #19
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
It looks like i have ended at a kids with poor education playground. thats definitively not the place i want to waste my precious time.
No! Certainly not! You were probably looking for the kids who are waiting to be molested by creepy religious people playground. Good luck with your search then!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 07-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #20
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
proves?

i think he meant probes.
as in the anal kind.

i'm baaaack! fixed my old puter!
Yay! And there was rejoicing in the land!

Old 07-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #21
West491
Obsessed Member

Quote:
And what caused the natural world into being ?
The prevailing theory among the scientific community is "the Big Bang"- yet another natural event.
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:54 PM   #22
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
proves?

i think he meant probes.
as in the anal kind.

i'm baaaack! fixed my old puter!
Isn't it about time you got rid of the commodore 64!

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #23
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

I could have been the first to respond to this moron and tell him to fuck off but I let the opportunity pass as I know that some posters like Micheal and West are really hanging out for a good discussion with a theist. Unfortunately boys as you can see ther is no hope with this one.

So Fuck off you pathetic fucknuckle!

Old 07-11-2012, 12:07 AM   #24
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
I could have been the first to respond to this moron and tell him to fuck off
The dolt's first post over four years ago said it all ...
Quote:
The Twat wrote
my name is angelo. i am a born again evangelical christian.
He went downhill from there!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:10 AM   #25
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Yeah I saw that. I checked the quality, went and looked at his older posts.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:41 AM   #26
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
According to your logic, whatever you can see, has no cause ??
No whatever I can see can be investigated. What I can't has to be imagined. See the problem here. Also what created your god? Why does "it" not need a creator?
I know I just haven't laid into a theist for a while as have been busy. Sorry I will stop after this post........maybe.

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #27
sgt8

Quote:
philosophical naturalism helds, that the natural world is all there exists. Please present good reasons for this world view, and why you think it provides the best explanation for our existence. I am asking for positive arguments, not arguments like : the universe is all there is, because the bible is not compelling , because there is no evidence for God etc. I am asking for arguments, that make philosophical naturalism stand by its own.
So far, there is no evidence of the supernatural, making naturalism the default position until such evidence comes along. That is the extent of it. If you have evidence of the supernatural, present it here, accompanied by an explanation of why exactly what you are presenting as evidence should be considered to be outside of the natural world.

Or better yet, fuck off.
sgt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #28
Eva
Super Moderator

sorry....before my old puter got fixed, i was trying to post from an abacus....

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #29
Riddler

Quote:
philosophical naturalism helds, that the natural world is all there exists. Please present good reasons for this world view, and why you think it provides the best explanation for our existence. I am asking for positive arguments, not arguments like : the universe is all there is, because the bible is not compelling , because there is no evidence for God etc. I am asking for arguments, that make philosophical naturalism stand by its own.
Philosophical naturalism isn't a commentary on the bible. God and the bible are unfounded challenges to the various naturalist philosophies. One such philosophy is summed up by T'ien T'ai's formula of ichinen sanzen. Go and contemplate that; it contains all the evidence you need for how the universe exists, functions and perpetuates without any input beyond its own manifold natural resources.

Sorry, I got the house riposting style a bit wrong there. What I meant was - fuck off and contemplate that...

When no one can tempt you with Heaven or Hell, you'll be a lucky manAlan Price
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #30
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Nicely put! I didn't understand that first paragraph though.