Old 12-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #91
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
gonna wait a long time I reckon - he / it still hasn't explained the little diatribe directed to me for no fucking reason other than being disagreed with - of course I have a few ideas in my head but then that's par for the course with me
Rather that then no ideas!

Also, they're likely accurate.

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:08 AM   #92
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Stargazer wrote View Post
Rather that then no ideas!

Also, they're likely accurate.

We know that you're pretending to not know the difference between "then" and "than" to disguise the fact that you are Professor Emeritus of English Literature at Oxford......

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:09 AM   #93
Davin
Obsessed Member

Simply adorable, Sinfidel. Like a kitten pouncing on a stuffed bear.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #94
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
We know that you're pretending to not know the difference between "then" and "than" to disguise the fact that you are Professor Emeritus of English Literature at Oxford......
Who is "we?"

Obviously, you're not speaking for anybody else here, but yourself. You think it's worth making a federal case out a grammatical error instead of dealing with the substance of what Stargazer posted. Who else here do you think is with you in this silly crusade?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #95
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
no pretense with you eh? a wanker you portray yourself as and a wanker you are

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #96
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Fair enough. I believe I commented on some spelling errors Sinfidel posted. Now, that we all see that, though, I wonder if he/she could return to the question?

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #97
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
Please do share with us which religion is followed by the vast majority of people.

Let's see, there are 7 billion people, so a vast majority would be, what, at least 5 billion?
Please share with us where any mention was made of a specific religion!

Check out the "Atheist Census" recent posting in this forum, aand see their stats for the laughably tiny number of atheists.

See - sooner or later, it all comes out in the wash....

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #98
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
So your point was completely useless. The majority of people believe in something, therefore God? That's just retarded.

The point of the quote is that God, the Almighty (obviously referring to the Christian god) has supposedly spoken (through the Bible and all his self-appointed representatives), why is the majority of mankind not convinced?

Come on, it's not that complicated a concept.
Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
Check out the "Atheist Census" recent posting in this forum, aand see their stats for the laughably tiny number of atheists.
Why do I need some random online census to tell me that atheists are in the minority? How is that even relevant?

Do you want to know what's relevant? Which groups are growing, and which ones are shrinking. Church attendance is also a pertinent factor.
Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
You're right, sooner or later, all religions come to an end. Unfortunately, there are always new ones popping up, purporting to be the one and only true religion. What else is new?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #99
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
I will share with all here that neither did Percy Bysshe Shelley make mention of any specific religion in the quote that Stargazer attributed to him previously in her sig.

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote
What, is this a contest?

Are you actually rooting for more theistic babble to poison the world's discourse? Why?

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote
And what has an alleged god got to say about all this? Anything that might convince the world at large that this alleged entity has, indeed, spoken?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote