Old 10-15-2016, 03:04 PM   #1
RodgerMill
New Member!

Question My viewpoint on what an atheist said 2 me:

I have been been talking to a person like you, an atheist and I have given my stance on what he said which are in quote marks. He never replied and I would like to see an answer or an atheist opinion as I am very interested to know to see how you guys reply. I have split it up into two parts: (but I have to admit I don't know much).

1.) "but if we don't pick the ones he likes we are going to burn in everlasting fire? How is that freedom to choose?"
No, it's not a real choice, more a blackmail. I don't believe in such a god. This is Hitchen's cosmic Kim Ir Sen. Your starting assumption is wrong, in order to understand, reason and find truth, you have to give up on prejudice and clichè. Otherwise you are stuck and go in circle.

First of all you have to be analiytical, to start analyze parts. There is no hope for you to understand anything if you continue with a large brush like "All religions are the same, stupid. Period." Even Bill Maher admitted that there are differences between religions, even if religion, as a whole, is stupid. He made once the distinction between Christians and Christ-like men. There are big differences. Why is important? Because you can learn who really God is. Different people represent different gods. Don't believe them, but evaluate their claims. You have to use your reasoning, look for evidence and understand realities beyond your comfort zone. It's like throwing yourself in the abyss. But if you search for truth, it will save you. I ask you to not believe even me. I also can be wrong.

The god you invoke is a false god. It's the god presented mostly by the Catholic Church centuries ago. In order to gain power, control and money over masses, it came with this legalistic and ruthless god, a sort of modern Allah. If you don't obey as a slave, give money to the church, you will be punished, burn, tortured.

The same god that apalls you, apalls me or Luther, for example. Luther started The Reformation for that. He learned about a loving God, totally the opposite from the god presented by the Catholic Church. This was the turning point. Could be also for you, if you are ready to accept that God is also love. If you decide to remain for your own reasons to the same concept of cosmic Kim Ir Sen, I just lose my time.

Those who claim to be Christians, but speak just about a legalistic and formalistic god, are not real Christians. Those who don't speak about God's love also, are false Christians. Just like the Phariseeis, they pretend to know the truth, they judge and enjoy sending to hell. They are Christians without Christ. They are hypocrites. I don't like them, either.

2.) "not really a choice is it especially once you are commanded it... it's self cancelling."

You are right! If we talk about this legalistic, petty, avaricious and hateful god, it's not really a free choice. But if we talk about a God of love, the choice must be free. Love can be express just based on a really free choice, otherwise it's not love. Law can still be law if says "do this or you will support the consquences", but love can't do that. If really God is love, He is forces to make a real offer of choice, He must be consistent with Himself. This is about the veracity of choice that I think you got it wrong.

Second,
hell is not just that image of boiling pitch in cauldrons where demons push you with tridents while laughing. Because you have a wrong image of God, you also have a wrong image of His absence, also. If you would lived your whole life in a cave, you wouldn't care about the sun and his absence. But if you knew his daylight and warmt, his "love", when night and cold comes, you miss it. Yes, sun is not personal, is just a hot and indifferent globe, but I use it like an illustration.

In the same way is God. If you get out of you prejudices about God and see His love and goodness, His absence would become a sort of hell. You would like to be with Him in the same way you eagerly wait for the sun in the morning. This is a different image of hell. The more you love somebody, the worse the hell of that person's absence is.
RodgerMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 04:44 PM   #2
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Hello.
Quote:
RodgerMill wrote View Post
I would like to see an answer or an atheist opinion as I am very interested to know to see how you guys reply.
My polite opinion is that you are completely full of shit.
I suggest you go back to basics and offer evidence that your particlar flavour of god actually exists. If you can't do that, then everything else you write on the subject is mental masturbation and not worth a wank.

Quote:
New Fella wrote
(but I have to admit I don't know much).
No shit Sherlock!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 08:58 PM   #3
RodgerMill
New Member!

Your are missing my point.

My point is you atheists have the wrong interpretation of God.. you only think of God who sets out an ultimatum heaven or hell... but that is not the case. A loving God allows you to choose what ever path you take because love does not allow for hate. God cannot hate you and wound put you in a position to be threatened.

As I said:

If really God is love, He is forces to make a real offer of choice, He must be consistent with Himself. This is about the veracity of choice that I think you got it wrong.
RodgerMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:42 AM   #4
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

.... and you have completely missed my point ....

Everything you theists spout about your alleged god is based on an un-evidenced, unproved assertion. Until you present some verifiable proof that this god-thing exists, all your theism is just made up nonsense. Anybody can make up any old crap they choose and none of it can be shown to be wrong.

My interpretation of god - "It's all a load of ficticious horseshit to feed the delusions of weak minded, gullible fools"

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 10-16-2016, 04:43 PM   #5
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

.... and while I'm on ....

Your recent "RodgerMill" account shares an IP Address with two previous registrations. It could be three people sharing residence and using the same internet access - but I suspect one person fucking around with multiple accounts. Perhaps you could clarify what's going on.

If I don't hear from you, I shall shut down the previous two accounts.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 10-17-2016, 05:02 AM   #6
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Your recent "RodgerMill" account shares an IP Address with two previous registrations. It could be three people sharing residence and using the same internet access - but I suspect one person fucking around with multiple accounts. Perhaps you could clarify what's going on.

If I don't hear from you, I shall shut down the previous two accounts.
AKA Ryan Gutten (Think Atheist), James Ryland (Atheist Republic), any more?

Serial obsessed.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:45 AM   #7
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Thanks.
StevieMac & JamesT duly fucked off from this place.

Stop the Holy See men!