Old 06-12-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Following Prof. C's post about creationist mathematics, I somehow stumbled across this little gem (must of been some wierd cosmic forces or jeebus or something). Anyway I present to you the "Expanding Earth Controversy." (Wiki info on this wacky theory).

This is a longish vid (about 10 mins) and others can be found here at the "scientific" part of Neal Adams's web-shite.

Does have some cool pics though:

Other gems from elsewhere on this site include:
"I'm going to try a mind meld with YOU on my science project cause I can't believe I'm such a miserable communicator. (If I were you I'd be on this like a fly on dung.)"...

..."For example, India they say 'broke off' of Africa and 'floated' across the Indian Ocean, to 'crash' into Asia. "Crash into Asia?" They say this stupid thing! Stupid-stupid-stupid hel-lo stupid! Do you believe this?"...

And my favourite: Cereal props to demonstrate tectonic movement and scientific lies!

..."Now get gravel from the driveway or cheerios or frosted flakes. And sprinkle them around the books about a half inch deep so the books sit within them. The gravel or cereal is the ocean floor. The books are continents. The smallest book is India, say. Now push India toward the other book. What happens to the ocean floor? Cheerios or basalt, it's the same thing people."

At least he's not a young Earth creationist I guess.

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:59 AM   #2
RenaissanceMan

I'd be more impressed if he had footage of his trip to the inflation valve.

He gives himself away at the very end... when he suggests that the 'ancients' could be right and the earth is special... with the rest of the universe rotating around it.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:54 AM   #3
Rocketman the Sequel

Great artist--not so great scientician
Old 06-13-2007, 11:10 AM   #4
RenaissanceMan

Quote:
Rocketman the Sequel wrote
Great artist--not so great scientician
Isn't this the same guy who had an "expanding earth" video with a toy expando-ball with the continents taped to it? I'm thinking he sent out for that art.