Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 05:12 PM   #31
Ickybod

When a player looks down and shakes his head after he has just been scored on, is he shaking his head at the devil for screwing him over?

Old 12-22-2006, 05:14 PM   #32
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

"Yeah, I just want to blame God for the loss today. The quarterback threw me a beautiful pass that I would have caught, had God not intervened and sailed it over my head and into the hands of the free safety. We were the better team, but God clearly caused us to lose."

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Old 12-22-2006, 05:18 PM   #33
JU Mike
Obsessed Member

FUCK YOU CHRISTIANS!!!!

Ahh, that's better.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:36 PM   #34
Gnosital
still unsmited

Quote:
Choobus wrote
I long for the day when someone on a losing team sarcastically thanks Jesus
Indeed.

I always wonder how that plays out in their heads when the team of one who gives props to jeebus ends up losing the game. Maybe jeebus is just a crooked bookie?
Old 12-23-2006, 12:32 AM   #35
Metman07

On pissing in a sink: Back in freshman year, we lived in the ghetto-est dorm on campus. It was in pretty sheisty condition and they didn't care to fix it up much because it was slated for rennovation the next year. So we could treat it with total disregard. One day I was just doing something on my computer and one of my neighbors was standing in front of the sink (which BTW looked filthy to begin with), I heard a "pouring" noise and I'd assumed that it was just him washing his hands. I turned around to realize that he was pissing in it. After that, it really became a second urinal for when we were drunk. We never brushed our teeth in front of it of course.
!

Old 12-23-2006, 01:02 AM   #36
Livingstrong

Quote:
scathach wrote
Quote:
Choobus wrote
I long for the day when someone on a losing team sarcastically thanks Jesus
Indeed.

I always wonder how that plays out in their heads when the team of one who gives props to jeebus ends up losing the game. Maybe jeebus is just a crooked bookie?
That's exactly why I prefer cycling on the road. Road bikers never thank anything godly or jeebus. They actually praise themselves all the time. OH, they are so arrogant and proud of their stamina they can't help to adore themselves.

Old 12-23-2006, 12:21 PM   #37
Ickybod

Anybody having Vietnamese roast dog this Saturnalia?

Old 12-23-2006, 12:25 PM   #38
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Oh, yeah, with stir fried bugs on the side!

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:30 PM   #39
joni

I just wanna say that Ickybod and NorfolkAtheist have awesome avatars.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:03 PM   #40
JU Mike
Obsessed Member

When atheists try to understand Christianity or other religious beliefs, theists will just brush the atheist comments away by stating "God is so big that he is beyond our understanding." Or the old "god works in mysterious ways."

Well here is my question, the next time a theist comments that "the universe is too complex and there has to be a creator of some sort," would it be valid to respond by saying "ah the universe works in mysterious ways," or "the universe is so large that it's beyond our understanding." What do you guys think?
Old 12-24-2006, 03:41 PM   #41
R and All
Soon to be just another skull

I like bourbon. Mmm, bourbon. Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 20 year for special occasions. W. L. Weller 12 year the rest of the time.

Reality is not a belief. We do not take it on faith, it confirms itself whenever we see physics, chemistry, biology etc. working as predicted by their various empirically obtained rules. - Sternwallow
Old 12-24-2006, 03:54 PM   #42
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Hey, Timmy, this is for you: http://www.ashra.org/

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:19 PM   #43
Professor Chaos

Israir to install Sky Torah in planes.

:lol:

Old 12-28-2006, 09:32 PM   #44
Professor Chaos

Intelligent design vs. evolution board game

:o :o :o :o :o

Quote:
Game description wrote
At last, a board game that reveals the insanity of perhaps the greatest hoax of our times -- the unscientific "theory of evolution."

"Intelligent Design vs Evolution" is unique in that the playing pieces are small rubber brains and each team plays for "brain" cards. Each player uses his or her brains to get more brains, and the team with the most brains wins. It has been designed to make people think . . . and that's exactly what it does.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:28 AM   #45
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
Intelligent design vs. evolution board game

:o :o :o :o :o

Quote:
Game description wrote
At last, a board game that reveals the insanity of perhaps the greatest hoax of our times -- the unscientific "theory of evolution."

"Intelligent Design vs Evolution" is unique in that the playing pieces are small rubber brains and each team plays for "brain" cards. Each player uses his or her brains to get more brains, and the team with the most brains wins. It has been designed to make people think . . . and that's exactly what it does.
Who can deny the absolute genius of this game? I mean, just look what Ken Ham had to say about it:

"Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron are doing much more than revealing the bankruptcy of molecules-to-man evolution. They have a greater purpose: proclaiming biblical authority and reaching the lost with the precious gospel message. Enjoy this wonderful family game as you also become better equipped to defend our precious Christian faith." -- Ken Ham, President, Answers in Genesis

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Closed Thread