Old 09-16-2008, 09:56 AM   #16
Waddlie
Still Kate's Bitch...

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Can you really believe that neither one of the two in question here knows about condoms and all the rest? Seriously, you all have got to get past this positively antiquated notion that teenagers don't know how to avoid pregnancy. They do. The question you have to ask is why they don't do what adults and the surrounding culture have been pounding into them since the day they were born.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3176982.stm

"The cardinal, who is president of the Vatican's Pontifical Council for the Family, suggests that governments should urge people not to use condoms."

One man's strawman is another man's asshole.
Waddlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:56 AM   #17
Lily

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
But Palin's daughter failed (refused?) to abstain, didn't she? Lots of teenagers do, you know. Bristol Palin is Exhibit A.

And I think it's hysterically hypocritical of you to tag anyone as being "a scaredy-cat" for being unnerved by untold millions of people talking daily to a god who isn't there. Aren't you unnerved by the untold millions of Muslims speaking to their god, in whom you do not believe? Isn't the fact that [/b]they[/b] take their beliefs and prophecies so seriously the reason why Sarah Palin wants to wipe the extremists among them from the face of the earth?

If these Evangelicals should finally get their way, don't think you're going to be among their bestest pals. They don't like you Roman Catholics anymore than they like any outsiders. You guys are not even real Christians, as far as they are concerned. You should know this. You were a part of that pack for a while. Of course, you could always switch teams again.

And the point about bringing up Palin's speechwriters is to remind folks that, for all her alleged gifts as a public speaker, Palin's public blather is scripted, and scripted by a man who has done copious work for the administration both Palin and McCain are trying to run away from whenever it's convenient.

Anyway, when we got a chance to see Palin speak extemporaneously-- though coached to the hilt-- it was clear that she wasn't nearly as informed foreign policy as she needs to be.

Of course you're not shivering in your boots. You think you've died and gone to heaven. Don't know when the rude awakening will hit ya, but if you're alive in this realm for it, it oughta be a doozy.
This is mostly hysterical nonsense and I can't be bothered to refute it. But I am intrigued to know when you have seen or heard Palin speak extemporaneously. You can't mean that hatchet job that Gibson did, since the unedited interview is available online and shows him and the network up as partisan hacks. So do tell. When have you see or heard her speak?
Old 09-16-2008, 09:57 AM   #18
Lily

Quote:
Waddlie wrote View Post
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3176982.stm

"The cardinal, who is president of the Vatican's Pontifical Council for the Family, suggests that governments should urge people not to use condoms."
But what does this have to do with teenagers not knowing how to prevent pregnancy?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:01 AM   #19
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
This is mostly hysterical nonsense and I can't be bothered to refute it. But I am intrigued to know when you have seen or heard Palin speak extemporaneously. You can't mean that hatchet job that Gibson did, since the unedited interview is available online and shows him and the network up as partisan hacks. So do tell. When have you see or heard her speak?
Hysterical nonsense, my ass.

You won't refute what I posted because you can't. Plain and simple. For all your pretense at valuing education, you are no more sophisticated than the average Fox News devotee, perpetually blinded by your fears and prejudices. You have amply proven that throughout this forum and most stunningly in the Merkins thread.

Face it, you have not one shred of credibility.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:04 AM   #20
Lily

Quote:
DrunkMonkey wrote View Post
Your most recent lie was about healthcare when you said "Obama has no plan".

Why does Palin have such a high favorability rating? Because people don't pay attention. She cut spending and brought in money so people are happy (especially her closest friends).

Did you know the biggest political rally ever in Alaska was a recent anti-Palin rally?
DM. I cannot take you seriously. I really can't. This is the sort of nonsense teenagers write. The only reason you can write such tripe is that you believe what you want to believe and read only partisan trash.

I really can't believe that I have to explain the nature of language to you. "Obama doesn't have a plan" in the context of a political campaign means that he does not have a convincing plan. A well-thought out plan. A plan that could be put into effect without being completely overhauled and all the missing details filled in. A "plan" that can be taken seriously by anybody who can do the arithmetic. Honestly. I cannot believe that I actually have to explain this to you.

His "plan" is essentially the same stupid "plan" that was put into practice two years ago in Massachusetts and is already exceeding the amount it was supposed to cost by hundreds of millions of dollars. I linked to a number of reports about this "plan" just recently. Go inform yourself. It isn't like your vote matters but you really should be better informed about these things.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:06 AM   #21
Irreligious
I Live Here

And why don't you finally fuck off? Not a soul here likes you or respects your retarded opinions. Why don't you finally get fucking lost already? We won't miss you.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 09-16-2008, 10:06 AM   #22
Lily

Quote:
Hysterical nonsense, my ass.

You won't refute what I posted because you can't. Plain and simple. For all your pretense at valuing education, you are no more sophisticated than the average Fox News devotee, perpetually blinded by your fears and prejudices. You have amply proven that throughout this forum and most stunningly in the Merkins thread.

Face it, you have not one shred of credibility.
Yes, I can refute it. I have no credibility only because you can't stand the truth. Your problem, not mine.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:07 AM   #23
Waddlie
Still Kate's Bitch...

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
But what does this have to do with teenagers not knowing how to prevent pregnancy?
From the same article:

"But according to Panorama, the Church is now telling people that condoms do not work.

In an interview, one of the Vatican's most senior cardinals Alfonso Lopez Trujillo suggested HIV could even pass through condoms.

"The Aids virus is roughly 450 times smaller than the spermatozoon. The spermatozoon can easily pass through the 'net' that is formed by the condom," he says. "

This (amongst other things) is what the Vatican would like pounded into the youth of today. If you can't see the link between telling people condoms don't work, and people choosing not to use condoms, you're even stoopider than I thought. And I wasn't giving you much credit to begin with...

Old 09-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #24
ubs
I Live Here

If it's any comfort, I'm pretty sure McCain will out live us all, including Sarah Palin's new son.

Never give a zombie girl a piggy back ride.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:13 AM   #25
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
Yes, I can refute it. I have no credibility only because you can't stand the truth. Your problem, not mine.
On this forum, you are my problem, because you are a completely dishonest debater. Having a point of view is one thing, but failing to admit that you are ever wrong makes you not worth the effort.

Your only endeavor here is to be a contentious bitch. You don't sway anyone at this site with your arguments and you're just here to be the nasty, crusty, perpetually gloating and unhappy harpy that you are. The schtick is way past tired.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 09-16-2008, 10:17 AM   #26
Lily

Quote:
Waddlie wrote View Post
From the same article:

"But according to Panorama, the Church is now telling people that condoms do not work.

In an interview, one of the Vatican's most senior cardinals Alfonso Lopez Trujillo suggested HIV could even pass through condoms.

"The Aids virus is roughly 450 times smaller than the spermatozoon. The spermatozoon can easily pass through the 'net' that is formed by the condom," he says. "

This (amongst other things) is what the Vatican would like pounded into the youth of today. If you can't see the link between telling people condoms don't work, and people choosing not to use condoms, you're even stoopider than I thought. And I wasn't giving you much credit to begin with...
But it isn't what is pounded into them, is it? We won't even bother to discuss how many teenagers pay attention to the Vatican.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:20 AM   #27
Eva
Super Moderator

calling lily a bitch is species-insensitive. she really is a cow.

and every opposition to her is sexist. she is just that awesome and we should all shut up and be like her.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:23 AM   #28
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
The notion that there is any 17 year old in this country that doesn't know how to have "safe sex" is preposterous. Can you really believe that neither one of the two in question here knows about condoms and all the rest? Seriously, you all have got to get past this positively antiquated notion that teenagers don't know how to avoid pregnancy. They do. The question you have to ask is why they don't do what adults and the surrounding culture have been pounding into them since the day they were born.

It is a question with very interesting answers.
Then why did she get pregnant? I guess it was planned, eh?

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:25 AM   #29
Lily

Quote:
On this forum, you are my problem, because you are a completely dishonest debater. Having a point of view is one thing, but failing to admit that you are ever wrong makes you not worth the effort.

Your only endeavor here is to be a contentious bitch. You don't sway anyone at this site with your arguments and you're just here to be the nasty, crusty, perpetually gloating and unhappy harpy that you are. The schtick is way past tired.
Oh you really are getting hysterical aren't you, old fellow?

I've changed my mind. I think I will tell you where you have gone off the rails, yet again.

Quote:
But Palin's daughter failed (refused?) to abstain, didn't she? Lots of teenagers do, you know. Bristol Palin is Exhibit A.
Isn’t this what I just said? Did I not say that knowledge of how to prevent pregnancy was not the issue?

Quote:
And I think it's hysterically hypocritical of you to tag anyone as being "a scaredy-cat" for being unnerved by untold millions of people talking daily to a god who isn't there. Aren't you unnerved by the untold millions of Muslims speaking to their god, in whom you do not believe? Isn't the fact that [/b]they[/b] take their beliefs and prophecies so seriously the reason why Sarah Palin wants to wipe the extremists among them from the face of the earth?
You sure have that moral equivalence bullshit down pat. When Presbyterians start flying planes into buildings, when the first Assemblies of God team starts kidnapping civilians off the street and cutting their throats, when Methodists riot in the streets over cartoons poking fun at Christ, then, it will be time to equate the two belief systems.

Quote:
If these Evangelicals should finally get their way, don't think you're going to be among their bestest pals. They don't like you Roman Catholics anymore than they like any outsiders. You guys are not even real Christians, as far as they are concerned. You should know this. You were a part of that pack for a while. Of course, you could always switch teams again.
Join the 20th century, old fart. This is ludicrous. For every “evangelical” who poses any sort of threat, no matter how mild and harmless, there are thousands more who don’t pose a threat at all. Honestly, what a stupid and out-of-touch thing to say.

Quote:
And the point about bringing up Palin's speechwriters is to remind folks that, for all her alleged gifts as a public speaker, Palin's public blather is scripted, and scripted by a man who has done copious work for the administration both Palin and McCain are trying to run away from whenever it's convenient.
SO FUCKING WHAT??? All politicians use speechwriters. Are you actually claiming that the speechwriters set policy? Do you understand that it is a profession and that speechwriters actually take their cues from the person they are writing for? Do you understand that the political leanings of any professional speechwriter matters not at all, when they need to pay bills? Do you know that they don't just go home, write a speech out of thin air and hand it to the person who is paying for it? Do you understand that they consult, at rather great length, with that person and his or her team? Honestly, you don't have a clue how this works at all.

Quote:
Anyway, when we got a chance to see Palin speak extemporaneously-- though coached to the hilt-- it was clear that she wasn't nearly as informed foreign policy as she needs to be.
When have you seen her speak extemporaneously? When?

Come back to earth, Irreligious! You are floundering in a sea of ignorance.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:29 AM   #30
Waddlie
Still Kate's Bitch...

Quote:
Lily wrote View Post
But it isn't what is pounded into them, is it? We won't even bother to discuss how many teenagers pay attention to the Vatican.
Yeah.

http://www.blurtit.com/q685006.html
http://www.foreverpleasure.com/catal...articles_id=49

It would appear that the message has seeped through. And let's not pretend it's just catholics who propagate this bullshit, the evangelical nutjobs are similarly full of faulty-condom bollocks too.