Old 06-25-2006, 11:15 AM   #31
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
UnknownUser wrote
This forum is a safe harbor, from where which i can seek shelter from the furry of the storm of ignorance. It is a place where i do not feel fearful to share my non-'beliefs', and a sounding board on which i can hone my arguing skills. Without this forum i could not be the strong atheist i am today. Together we are able to stand fast against the rising tide of hatred and stupidity that threatens to overcome the United States (and with help from our forgen brothers :)). I am thankful that i have been able to participate in this rising movement; envisioning the future of the human race; one that is free from the shackles of religion.
I, too, am shackled to this devlish forum by my very neurons. Viva! Brava!

Unknown, is that Dr. Strangelove in your avatar?

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:18 AM   #32
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
PanAtheist wrote
Quote:
HeathenLifer wrote
Evil, I am just now startting back to college after 10 years out of school. One of my first classes is chemistry! May I borrow you if I have a particularly rough problem??? Or pan, or any of you guys that are so much smarter scientifically than me?? In return, I promise to deconstruct ony poetry you may need bashed!
Yeh, just go to the "Sciences" forum and place a thread with a question in the title!
You never know what you might get!
I got more than I bargained for! :D

(I was trained in biology, and I am *very* **VERY** rusty!)
A little electrolysis (and electromotive series) will take that rust right off. :D

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:58 PM   #33
Livingstrong

Quote:
schemanista wrote
Quote:
HomoCyclist wrote
....And this is why I love this forum.
Speaking of love, you MUST come to Toronto for Pride one o' these years.

You can stay with me and my family and we'll show you around. It's a hell of a party.
It is so very nice of you to say that.

I bet the Gay and Lesbian Canadians know how to party!
Old 06-26-2006, 05:40 AM   #34
HeathenLifer

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
Quote:
PanAtheist wrote
Quote:
HeathenLifer wrote
Evil, I am just now startting back to college after 10 years out of school. One of my first classes is chemistry! May I borrow you if I have a particularly rough problem??? Or pan, or any of you guys that are so much smarter scientifically than me?? In return, I promise to deconstruct ony poetry you may need bashed!
Yeh, just go to the "Sciences" forum and place a thread with a question in the title!
You never know what you might get!
I got more than I bargained for! :D

(I was trained in biology, and I am *very* **VERY** rusty!)
A little electrolysis (and electromotive series) will take that rust right off. :D
Cool, Thank you!

If your calculator adds your inputs 2 and 3 and gets 5, but the real problem you were trying to solve was 2 plus 2, the machine gives the wrong answer for your problem. The machine isn\'t broken and yet it got the wrong answer. It was gullible and believed your lie and behaved accordingly. - Sternwallow
HeathenLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:48 AM   #35
Choobus
I Live Here

It's hard to tell but there is a real chance that RA has lost it permanently, and that could lead to the end of the forums, or at least a christification of some kind. Is there a backup plan? If not, what is required to get one. How much cash is required to set up the hardware needed to keep this forum going independantly?

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:01 PM   #36
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Ten says he has a plan in one of the other threads, though he didn't elaborate.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:17 PM   #37
Tenspace
I Live Here

I have a domain and webserver space allocated. It's going to be a matter of labor in getting the site set up. Let's see what happens with RA first. I'd hate to lose our most beloved of threads.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:20 PM   #38
Livingstrong

Yes Ten, please listen to Choobus, MilitanAtheist, me and many others. I am pretty sure lots of us love this forum because of the Atheists that post here.
It wouldn't be nice if the title of this forum changes -taking off the 'Raving' part- or if it closes down. :(
Old 06-26-2006, 12:23 PM   #39
Livingstrong

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
I have a domain and webserver space allocated. It's going to be a matter of labor in getting the site set up. Let's see what happens with RA first. I'd hate to lose our most beloved of threads.
You beat me ! :lol:
I was writting my post at the same time you were. You beat me posting it though. :lol:

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
I'd hate to lose our most beloved of threads
We can start fresh. With new energy to bash all these x-tian retards. :D
Old 06-26-2006, 12:32 PM   #40
Tenspace
I Live Here

Anyone who is capable of coding and maintaining a website please contact me via email: tenspace@mondaymorningatheist.com

We can discuss the potential necessity of a new set of forums.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:17 PM   #41
Choobus
I Live Here

I can write code, as long as it is FORTRAN 77!

Probably not much use, but I would front some cash to keep Jeebus away from our "garden of reason"

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Old 06-26-2006, 04:11 PM   #42
Livingstrong

Where am I going to go now when I feel like complaining about Christianity?

I had just said that I loved this forum. I hope I can still say that in the days, months and years to come. If not, then....oh well, life goes on!
Old 06-26-2006, 06:46 PM   #43
Livingstrong

Hi guys,
I think we are back to: I Love This Forum !

Aaaaah....Happy again. :D

It seems that TRA promised his never going to close this forum and that he is going to respect freedom of speech here.

Cool! I am looking forward to bash more godidiots as soon as they 'appear' on the forum...and malign them!

I am looking forward also to keep reading Choobus's Anal Obsesion everyday. Now, this is fun!

Let's keep it this way please.

...And NO MORE DRAMA.....pleeeeease!
Old 06-26-2006, 07:54 PM   #44
Rat Bastard

Quote:
Choobus wrote
I can write code, as long as it is FORTRAN 77!

Probably not much use, but I would front some cash to keep Jeebus away from our "garden of reason"
Kinda funny how FORTRAN helped win the cold war, and most of the young whippersnappers all badmouth it for MATLAB or C. PC, VAX, IBM and FPS mainframes, or CRAY, they all work extremely well on FORTRAN- designed to run and optimized for it. Real number-crunching only, though. Well, complex, too, but you just can't beat it for any really serious math. Seems like only physicists learn it anymore, though. I've had Systems Engineers slam it, saying that Excel can do it, but anybody that knows anything about electromagnetic code knows: FORTRAN rocks. period. excel can make some nice charts out of your data, but sucks isn't even all that good for stuff like contour plots and such.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:09 PM   #45
Choobus
I Live Here

excel is for people who like coding but don't feel like learning how to do it. FORTRAN may be crude by the standards of today, but it has an elegance to it. Like if you read Newton's principia, you know there's a better way to write calculus, but it's still beautiful.

~ Philiboid Studge