Old 03-30-2008, 03:08 PM   #31
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Waddlie wrote View Post
Hmmm. Of all the countries I've been to, the US is the most conservative when it comes to alcohol...
By "conservative," do you mean "puritanical"? Because I know that drinking is more acceptable in other countries, but is it therefore more prevalent? And do other countries have the same alcohol-related problems that America has by the same numbers?

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #32
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

Quote:
Hanevet wrote View Post
Link to the actual evidence or shut up. Smoke damages the lungs, whether it be smoke from burning tobacco, burning marijuana, burning rubber, burning wood, anything. It is CO2. It is carbon. Carbon builds up. Carbon clogs the oxygen-absorbing holes in the lungs. Period. It doesn't matter what you're smoking as long as you're smoking, you're killing your lungs.
You are even more clueless than I thought. Oxygen-absorbing holes? Carbon dioxide clogs your lungs? By the way, I linked to evidence in my previous post.

Here is the actual study

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins
DrunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:03 PM   #33
Choobus
I Live Here

Pwned

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:18 PM   #34
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:44 PM   #35
Choobus
I Live Here

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Old 03-31-2008, 07:35 AM   #36
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
no thats not what I said- and I did say there have been no causal relationships found although there is a slight - not significant- correlation - it is basically anecdotal and experiential evidence- unfortunately thats how most research in psychiatry starts out and a lot of reasearchis just unethical to do - we cannot force people to take cannabis just to see if it affects them with me it is just a gut thing- I've seen what it can do- admittedly I don't see the ones where it doesn't cause psychosis.

I would like to see a better health promotion prgramme about it- laying all the available facts out that will enable an informed choice - and I would never ever agree with anyone under the age of 16 using the damn stuff.
In the 15 years I've smoked pot, and probably thousands of people I've smoked with over the years, I have never seen someone have a psychosis trigger from smoking weed. I have seen adverse reactions to pot, mostly people getting excessively drowsy and in one case extremely sick, but never anything violent. I have seen people become irrationally violent on other drugs (most notably alcohol), but that doesn't mean these substances should be banned from the majority, just that people have to take personal responsibility and absence from the drug in question.

I agree on the 16 part (even though I fist smoked at a Bob Mould concert at 15), and if it were legalized, make the legal age 18, and tax the fuck out of it, like we do cigarettes.

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:40 AM   #37
Rhinoqulous

Quote:
DrunkMonkey wrote View Post
You are even more clueless than I thought. Oxygen-absorbing holes? Carbon dioxide clogs your lungs? By the way, I linked to evidence in my previous post.

Here is the actual study

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Old 03-31-2008, 07:40 AM   #38
VladTheImpaler
Obsessed Member

Rhino, how often do you smoke pot?
VladTheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:39 AM   #39
Choobus
I Live Here

I don't know how often rhinoq smokes the herb, but I bet his grandmother regrets dipping into his stash....

~ Philiboid Studge
Old 03-31-2008, 08:45 AM   #40
Rhinoqulous

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
I don't know how often rhinoq smokes the herb, but I bet his grandmother regrets dipping into his stash....
Hey, I told that bitch, glaucoma or not, that if she's gonna dip into my sour diesel she's gotta pony up the social security check. It's not like she needed her kneecaps, she never leaves the house anyway.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:48 AM   #41
VladTheImpaler
Obsessed Member

Don't want to answer that question? It's fine if you want to keep it private.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:04 AM   #42
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Rhinoqulous wrote View Post
In the 15 years I've smoked pot, and probably thousands of people I've smoked with over the years, I have never seen someone have a psychosis trigger from smoking weed. I have seen adverse reactions to pot, mostly people getting excessively drowsy and in one case extremely sick, but never anything violent. I have seen people become irrationally violent on other drugs (most notably alcohol), but that doesn't mean these substances should be banned from the majority, just that people have to take personal responsibility and absence from the drug in question.

I agree on the 16 part (even though I fist smoked at a Bob Mould concert at 15), and if it were legalized, make the legal age 18, and tax the fuck out of it, like we do cigarettes.
Well cannabis affects people differently, it is less damaging than tobacco and no addiction. I can take it or leave it, but it affects me this way: Makes me horny, makes me hungry, makes me stupid inducing a lessaiz faire attitude, and makes me tired.

It is an excellent sacrament before receiving the resurrected Lord Penis Christ as our libido savior and ataraxia inducer. One must be careful not to abuse it ( as in all things balance is imperative) for it could make some of us very lazy embracing a world of deluded hope, just like Christians and other folks already affected by a natural drug produced by the unknown religious-psychosis.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:11 AM   #43
Rhinoqulous

Quote:
VladTheImpaler wrote View Post
Don't want to answer that question? It's fine if you want to keep it private.
Why do you want to know? I'm fairly open about my experiences with drugs if you have an honest question, but if you just want to knock me for smoking pot, fuck off.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:23 AM   #44
VladTheImpaler
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Rhinoqulous wrote View Post
Why do you want to know? I'm fairly open about my experiences with drugs if you have an honest question, but if you just want to knock me for smoking pot, fuck off.
No, I'm just curious as to the potential effects of using the herb as I want to try it my self again. Last and first time was when I was very drunk, can't say I felt much other than dizzy so I want to try it again without alcohol.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:43 AM   #45
mmfwmc

It takes a few times for it to work. I didn't feel much other than paranoid the first three or four times. Then I got stoned with my girlfriend, played some good jazz and got freaky. It was un-fucking-believable.