Old 09-20-2009, 11:19 AM   #16
Captain Relativity
Obsessed Member

Quote:
I was raised and indoctrinated as a Mormon.
Well that explains so much. I hope you're not embarrassed by compliments, but you are one funny motherfucker. Smelly, Philboid, Choobus and a few others here are naturally funny people and you, ghouly, if I may call you that, are certainly among the fold. (although, oddly enough, your last post wasn't even the least bit funny for some reason...)

Atheism is a strictly non-prophet organization. - Carlin
And the Catholic Cow sez: "The Inquisition was a legal proceeding.
Victims had rights, trials, etc."
Captain Relativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:01 PM   #17
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
Can a religion what converts this guy possibly be anything but comprehensively retarded?

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #18
Choobus
I Live Here

An unlikely mormon perhaps, but a well known moron, so it's not much of a change.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #19
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Captain Relativity wrote View Post
Well that explains so much. I hope you're not embarrassed by compliments, but you are one funny motherfucker. Smelly, Philboid, Choobus and a few others here are naturally funny people and you, ghouly, if I may call you that, are certainly among the fold. (although, oddly enough, your last post wasn't even the least bit funny for some reason...)
Thank you for the compliment. It is always nice to know one is appreciated.

You hit Moroni right on the head with your assessment of my views of Mormonism. There are few things as inspiring as the LDS Church to sober me right the fuck up. At the moment, the Mormons and I have a truce of sorts. A while back, we threw down pretty hard. Various church leaders called me and discussed the matter with me. (Usually, the phone calls were prefaced with a request for me to be merciful.)

As long as they don't pick on me or anyone I know, I'm gonna lighten up. However, I have no qualms with kicking their dogma when it shits on my lawn. In truth, I think the Catholic Church and Islam is much more dangerous and destructive to human societies. The Mormons just made the mistake of trying to bend my mind to fit their lies when I was too young to do anything about it.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:58 PM   #20
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
danny2k80 wrote View Post
Lol good ideas hebut I'd rather avoid police attention.

I want to make a list of 10 questions I can ask him so that he'll have no proper answers or answers that make the mormons sound as stupid as their beliefs.
You might ask why, since they believe Native Americans are a lost tribe of Israel, their DNA proves they aren't.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:00 PM   #21
Captain Relativity
Obsessed Member

Oooh, that's a good one! That's an absolutely fundamental aspect of their dogma. Along with those idiotic golden plates...which no one has ever seen.

Atheism is a strictly non-prophet organization. - Carlin
And the Catholic Cow sez: "The Inquisition was a legal proceeding.
Victims had rights, trials, etc."
Captain Relativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:46 PM   #22
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Captain Relativity wrote View Post
Oooh, that's a good one! That's an absolutely fundamental aspect of their dogma. Along with those idiotic golden plates...which no one has ever seen.
It is a shame, but there is no real solid question you can ask about the plates and the magic seer stones.

"Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum "

"Why hasn't God told me that the Book of Mormon is scripture?"

"God has not validated to me your credentials to speak for Him or about Him. Why should I believe anything that you say?"
Parallel question -- "Since I have as much or more authority to disseminate God's will and His promises as you do, will you listen while I tell you about God's plan for your salvation?"
Snarky addendum -- "For a small added fee, I will tell you exactly what Heaven is like."

"Why should I believe what you believe since belief does not imply the truth of a proposition?" follow-up "Or, do you have some objective and verifiable evidence for your belief?" {Belief for which there is evidence, is called knowledge or fact and is drained of faith.)

"If it would destroy my (ignorant, blind) faith for God to reveal Himself to me, why did He destroy the faith of all those people He appeared to in the past, people like Moses and John and Thomas and Paul?"

"If God is omniscient and unable to lie, why did He 'pretend' to not know where Adam was in the Garden?"

"How could perfect gentle, pacifist, 'turn the other cheek', 'love thine enemies' Jesus go berserk and commit destructive mayhem in the temple on people who were engaged in perfectly legitimate commerce and hurting no-one?" Money changing was necessary in order to pray and make sacrifices in the temple.

"What can we make of the book of Exodus now that the Israeli archaeologists, with every incentive to validate the story, have determined that the events in it never happened?" They were concocted during the Babylonian exile to make the Hebrews feel like a unified nation.

"What can it mean to 'live eternally' when God's entire creation, the whole universe itself, will not exist for eternity?"

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote