Old 12-11-2014, 09:40 AM   #46
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Do they actually allow fourteen year old boys to post on this forum?
I'm sure they would. After all, it's only the theologues who practise discrimination, and throw acid or shoot girls attempting to attend school, or vote, or become priests.
Why shouldn't a fourteen year old be allowed to voice his/her opinions?

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #47
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Incorrect. I am not trying to establish a creator in the form of a nerdy extraterrestrial programmer.
Oh. Well then, explain where your "simulator" came from? Did it always exist? Did it spring into existence from nothing?
Is it the plaything of an invisible bearded old man like god who cackles insanely as he plays with his ant farm?

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
I am merely casting doubt upon science and proof.
Oh. Yet you claim "Respected physicists have raised the issue in all seriousness.", so you are quoting the very scientists
you cast doubt upon to support your claim! Ever heard of cognitive dissonance?

Quote:
Francis wrote
If it is all rigged, then what you rely on - proof - is also an illusion.
Proof is for liquor and mathematics. Science relies on evidence. If it is indeed "all rigged", then who is doing the rigging?
If it is the God thingie, then the attributes claimed for it are all lies, since rigging things to deceive us reveals an
evil intent.

Quote:
Francis wrote
That's my point.
So you quote science to claim the 13 billion odd years age of the universe, yet
out of the other side of your mouth, claim science is "all rigged." ROTFLMAO!

Quote:
Francis wrote
Please refrain from falsely attributing statements or motives to me.
No need, you are doing a great job by yourself.

Quote:
Francis wrote
I will freely state them if asked.
Well then, DO tell us who is running your simulator! Oh, and how would we tell the REAL Francis from the simulated version?

BTW, so much for your scientists testing your simulator theory -

http://io9.com/5818008/the-universe-...gram-after-all

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Old 12-11-2014, 10:00 AM   #48
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #49
Francis

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post

BTW, so much for your scientists testing your simulator theory -

http://io9.com/5818008/the-universe-...gram-after-all
Sigh! Yet another atheist, so quick to discount actual scientific inquiry.

For your information, the question of whether the universe is a 2d holographic projection of 3d is a DIFFERENT QUESTION from whether this is an advanced simulation.
Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #50
Francis

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
Another underhand try by the Frantard to increase the minuscule odds of a fat controller.

You have no interest in the subject Shitlord, nor understanding, except to serve your mendacious purpose.

Your still unnamed sources are laughing up their collective sleeves at you & your like, I've seen them on you tube.
I have noted that the religious attribute evil and dishonesty to those who do not agree with their views. Shall we call you Reverend?

Further, your refusal to even do the most modest of internet inquiry into this question indicates a mind closed to any theories or science which might upend the atheist applecart. I have known priests who are similar in mindset.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #51
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
I have noted that the religious attribute evil and dishonesty to those who do not agree with their views. Shall we call you Reverend?

Further, your refusal to even do the most modest of internet inquiry into this question indicates a mind closed to any theories or science which might upend the atheist applecart. I have known priests who are similar in mindset.
You came here spouting this, shouldn't you provide the links?

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 02:43 PM   #52
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

I must admit though Francis my little buddy, I think all this talk of simulation is finally getting through. Just last night I had a dream where I simulated fucking you in the ass, by fucking you in the face instead.

Please don't dash my hopes darling, say it can be more than a dream, say it can be so...

Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 12-11-2014, 06:51 PM   #53
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Eternal wrote View Post
You came here spouting this load of shit-stirring wank, shouldn't you provide the links?
Excuse me, but I took advice from a 14 year old trainee catholic to correct you ....

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:57 AM   #54
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Excuse me, but I took advice from a 14 year old trainee catholic to correct you ....
Apologies, obviously my obscenities have slipped in my absence. I will endeavour to include more gitiness in future.

Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 12-12-2014, 03:32 AM   #55
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post

By the way, I believe that the scientist who I first heard raise this question on an hour long youtube lecture, was himself an atheist. So your attempts to evade this issue, framed insincerely as 'no one cares', is just completely wrong and blunderingly so
Aah, Youtube, that famous peer reviewed science journal!

Quote:
Come on, everyone KNOWS reality is a theoretical snowflake existing in 196,833 dimensional space.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:52 AM   #56
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post

For your information, the question of whether the universe is a 2d holographic projection of 3d is a DIFFERENT QUESTION from whether this is an advanced simulation.
Quote:
Which is a pity, because if the universe really was a holograph, we could cut it in two and have two identical universes!
If we could find a big enough pair of scissors, of course.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:00 AM   #57
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post

Try these on.....

Old 12-12-2014, 04:17 AM   #58
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Francis wrote
Quote:
Shall we call you Reverend?
Indeed you should, preferably "Reverend Sir". Many moons ago I was personally ordained by Bishop Kirby Hensley (PBUH) of
the Modesto California Universal Life Church. You should, of course, genuflect prior to addressing me (in hushed respectful
tones). By the authority vested in me, I shall determine whether your utterances are steaming piles of blasphemous horse
puckey. We do require proof that you are the real Francis, and not just some simulation.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:46 PM   #59
psychodiva
I Live Here

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:25 PM   #60
Francis

As always, the severely closed minded atheists on this forum claim their own adherence to logic and proof and open minded inquiry, even as they resolutely deny and ignore those very precepts.

Logic, proof and open mindedness are not inherent. They require discipline. The kind of discipline that is unknown to the atheists on this site.