Old 10-07-2008, 05:22 AM   #1
Marissa

Hello all.

Hello.
My name is Marissa and I am 17 years old from brisbane/ Australia.
I was baptised catholic when i was a baby but never intened on following the rules of the bible. I like many of you have come to realize that the bible is just a very inacurate 'fairy tale' which just causes discrimination and creates wars. So now I will tell you what you don't already know. I became an athiest when the man whom I was.. (well without being completely mushy) in love with decided to become a catholic priest. Well need I say more, no marriage, no sex, no kids. I D I O T. I think that my fury with him and the world in general made me question more and more, I began delving into the falsehoods of the bible and never looked back. I am hoping to be here to make some mature friends, learn more about myself, others and bag out some christians while Im at it.
Thankyou
Old 10-07-2008, 05:40 AM   #2
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
Marissa wrote View Post
I became an athiest when the man whom I was.. (well without being completely mushy) in love with decided to become a catholic priest.
What a coincidence! I became an atheist when a Catholic priest decided to become a man in love with me.

bienvenue
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:31 AM   #3
PanAtheist
Obsessed Member

Hi Marissa!
You are very welcome here!
It's great to have another Aussie!
One of the great things about this place is to hear from, and chat with, people who are from all over the world, and who have survived lots of different varieties of religious-nuttery.
I am glad you have seen how ridiculous it all is.
Have fun here!

Healthy genes act as team-players. They are teamish!
Their winning plays are
salvations of an aliveness of which they are a part.
Only a fraction of genes are selfish/parasitic (and they
parasitize teams).
PanAtheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:58 AM   #4
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Marissa wrote View Post
Hello.
My name is Marissa and I am 17 years old from brisbane/ Australia.
I was baptised catholic when i was a baby but never intened on following the rules of the bible. I like many of you have come to realize that the bible is just a very inacurate 'fairy tale' which just causes discrimination and creates wars. So now I will tell you what you don't already know. I became an athiest when the man whom I was.. (well without being completely mushy) in love with decided to become a catholic priest. Well need I say more, no marriage, no sex, no kids. I D I O T. I think that my fury with him and the world in general made me question more and more, I began delving into the falsehoods of the bible and never looked back. I am hoping to be here to make some mature friends, learn more about myself, others and bag out some christians while Im at it.
Thankyou
Welcome Marissa....I see your boyfriend fell in love with Penis-Christ joining his sacred Priesthood. Well, who needs retards when there are nice looking mentally healthy, aka atheists, men all over the world?

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:15 PM   #5
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Hi Meggie.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:21 PM   #6
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Hi Marissa, and welcome.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
Liberated1

Welcome!
Old 10-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #8
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
What a coincidence! I became an atheist when a Catholic priest decided to become a man in love with me.

bienvenue
Wow! The coincidences today! I became an atheist when the Catholic Church wouldn’t let me serve as a nun anymore. All this talk about unorthodox sacraments and ordinances and such! I sometimes wish I could get back in. It’s hard not to think about it once you’ve been in a habit. It’s hard when I think about it.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote