Old 02-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #496
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:09 PM   #497
Irreligious
I Live Here

Stuff, a real-life, "walking-on-water-god/man" is an absurdity.

You've never seen a winged horse, have you? Do you believe they are even possibly real?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #498
stuff

Quote:
BOF wrote View Post
@stuff

Disappointed?

Where on earth did you get the impression that anyone here is interested in living up to your expectations?

This place is not called "Raving Atheist" for nothing. I suspect you may have missed the point:

This place is a platform for wankers, cranks and dead cunts who would be banned from most forums.

Rational discussion does happen,but is not the norm. The norm is a bunch of generally young, generally male having dick swinging contests and spraying testosterone all over everyone around,just like dogs pissing on things.

ME? I fit right in. Not a lot of testosterone production these days,but I remain a cynical,nasty, opinionated and patronising old cunt.

I hope that has helped clear up your apparent misunderstanding.
Thanks clears up a lot.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #499
Kate

Old 02-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #500
stuff

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Excellent - can I take this to mean you'll finally fuck off and spout your drivel somewhere else?
If you can't handle anyone who is a theist. Then get rid of the forum "Atheist vs Theist"
Old 02-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #501
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
stuff wrote View Post
If you can't handle anyone who is a theist. Then get rid of the forum "Atheist vs Theist"
Silly Stuff. You pose absolutely no challenge to anyone's worldview here. None.

You are an annoyance because you will not acknowledge that you have no evidence for your faith that an invisible, sentient entity-- with a preference for Christians, apparently-- is in control of the world. You, my dear Stuff, are not in any way prepared to entertain even the possibility that such an entity-- undeniably unseen and unaccounted for-- does not exist. Hence, no one with a contrary view to yours can really argue with you about it.

You actually believe you know what you don't. I know you don't know a thing about a real god, because, logically, you can't.

All you can have is faith.

So my question to you is: Why are you sharing it here? We are not unaware of what Christians believe.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #502
MrProLiant

Stuff, so let me try to simplify your argument here for us people with IQs less than 200.
Evolution - I don't completely understand it and the fact that science hasn't worked out a 100% complete answer yet = GOD DID IT!

Cosmology - I don't completely understand it and the fact that science hasn't worked out a 100% complete answer yet = GOD DID IT!

Is this about the gist of it or am I missing something?

Now, before you go off on some silly tirade about how awesome your knowledge is on all things Evolution and Cosmology, let me cut you off at the pass. Your understanding of DNA/RNA and it's origins are incomplete at best. DNA is NOT intelligent, nor does it need to be. We are talking proteins here that under the right circumstances form structures. Once these structures are formed, they may evolve into other structures....the beginnings of life as we know it. I'm vastly over simplifying here (and I'm sure others much smarter than me on this forum will kick me and set me straight and I will appreciate their enlightenment) but this does not require any "outside intelligence" nor does it require DNA or proteins to be "intelligent" in any way.
As for your views on Cosmology...all I can say is huh? Your information is correct that there is a vast amount of "open space" within atoms and molecules and that there is much more dark matter (which is a theory to explain the "missing" matter) than regular matter, but how does this advance your point in any way? What does an athiest scientist committing suicide have to do with anything? I could just as easily say that Jesus purposely had himself crucified because he was a masochist and enjoyed the pain and that the rest of the "resurrection" story was made up by his buddies so he didn't look so much like a douche bag and that they were following some masochist nut job. Does that give any more credence to what I'm saying?
Old 02-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #503
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
stuff wrote View Post

As far as your insults to Jesus, isn't it ironic that he would actually forgive you for that statement if you asked him.
The fact that jesus would supposedly forgive me for saying that he sucks cocks in hell, but would send me to hell for sucking a cock isn't so much ironic as a hint that your religion is a big steaming pile of goat shit.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #504
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
stuff wrote View Post
I am not letting you off that easy. You are caught red handed with an obvious flaw in your logic. I will throw the word "Mythical" if it makes you happy

Ok, you just stated that it is impossible to prove a negative. Then you said you are 100% sure that Mythical or Divine Jesus is a myth. Another way of stating that is you are 100% sure that the Mythical or Divine Jesus did NOT exist. How is that not faulty logic
Oh boy, you really caught me here, didn't you? Or, maybe not.

Please point out where I said that I can prove that the divine Jesus didn't exist. All I stated was that I was 100% sure that divine Jesus and Yahweh and Santa Claus didn't and don't exist. I don't need to provide proof against an idea that is far-fetched and ridiculous from the start.

What evidence are you providing that Zeus doesn't exist? Can you prove to me that Santa doesn't exist?

Quote:
stuff wrote View Post
Also you say that Tacticus, and Pliny the Younger are discounted because of the corrupt Roman Empire and its edict to convert all Romans to Christians (at least thats what I found when I searched your forums concerning the issue).
That is not at all what I was saying. Tacitus and Josephus and all the other clowns you mentioned had no exposure to the alleged Jesus. At best, the only thing they report is that Christians existed during their lifetime.
500 years from now, if a historian reads an account of Scientologists opening a new office in Little Rock, Arkansas, is that proof that Xenu existed?
Quote:
stuff wrote View Post
Yet you ignore that when Jesus was alive he lived under persecution and there was even an edict to destroy all Bibles. So what’s the logic in saying that Roman Emperor who loved Christians was corrupt but the ones who tried to kill them weren’t.
You have evidence of Jesus being persecuted, which, by extension, would prove Jesus actually existed? Now that would be some major news, why aren't you sharing it with the world?
Oh, wait. You're talking about the bible stories, aren't you? Nevermind.
Quote:
stuff wrote View Post
If you believe in conspiracies by governments so easily than I present this empire’s conspiracy; the lie of evolution. Hey if the Romans did it what is so different about us?
When you say "this empire", are you talking about the US government?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:12 PM   #505
Eva
Super Moderator

Quote:
stuff wrote View Post
Yet you ignore that when Jesus was alive he lived under persecution and there was even an edict to destroy all Bibles.
idiot!!!!!!!!!!! retard!!!!!!!!!!!!! imbecile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PROVE THIS, FUCKTARD.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #506
Kate

Gosh, Eva, could you have made that challenge any easier?

Hey, nkb, ask him for a source for the edict to destroy Bibles. With a capital B. When this jeebus character was hollering drunk on the streetcorner.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #507
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
stuff wrote View Post
One simply question for you retard:

Tell me, what do you use to create BELIEF & HOW is it produced? Is it the Brain, Liver, Kidney, infundibulum or your anal sphyncter? Think very hard......

Then, were you born believing in Zombie Jesus or god speaking English?..think real hard...

Could it be that the BRain doesn't create the belief in God but God himself transmit the data of Belief directly to your brain with waves like a radio, then suddenly you are bathed by an epiphany of GRace & the belief in God?

What is it? Care to answer retard?

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #508
Sartre1

Mr. Stuff. Your bona fides as a former atheist are not very convincing. As someone pointed out earlier, your innocent belief in God was upset by some event which temporarily turned you away from Him (Her, It). It's upsetting when this happens and this should not be a "reason" to accept atheism. It is, though, usually a catalyst for a radical change in one's philosophy. You have chosen to retreat into irrationality and the comfort it provides, although you mask it with pseudo-scientific evidence. There is no god. You are alone. There is no Justice unless you create and support the concept and you will do it without the existence of god. If you imagine the world without god is it any less fantastic?
Old 02-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #509
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
idiot!!!!!!!!!!! retard!!!!!!!!!!!!! imbecile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PROVE THIS, FUCKTARD.
AHHH..that wonderful Borinquen/Spanish fire emanating in frustration accompanied by penetrating gestures not telling about the amazing gutural sounds that could be heard for miles. Lovely fire....that of a healthy Pto Rican Brain, aka atheist....

Spanish furor at Christ-psychosis , though you did not use the label that dares not to speak its name ( specially when Psychodiva is listening). "Idiot, retard, imbecile" are lame & unless the substantive Christ-psychosis preceded them.

one two thre..all together now:

Christ-psychotic Idiot.....Christ-psychotic retard!....Christ-psychotic Imbecile!...AHHH isn't this better defining the condition that affects Loonie Stuff?

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:01 AM   #510
Eva
Super Moderator

you think i over did it, kate??

hmm....sorry........ (but he had it coming!)

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote