Old 09-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #1276
West491
Obsessed Member

Screw politics.
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #1277
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

So I watched the debate, or at least some of it, last night. Overall not much was said that hasn't already been said via the commercials running daily now.

Mitt said he wants to cut funding to many government sponsored entities, like PBS and Planned Parenthood, for example. I suppose this is to reduce the deficit? However, he said he wants to ramp up military spending, and he says if we don't we will lose many jobs (plus we will be over-run w/ teh muzzies!). Yeah, because PBS is draining our budget, unlike the military, right? Also hasn't Mitt been critical of Obama's spending to prevent job losses? What a stupid fucker. However, I can tell you that this point is lost on conservatives here in VA. Didn't costly wars get us in this mess in the first place? Honestly, I don't think Obama did such a hot job defending this point, and in regard to this it seems like conservatives here in VA have amnesia.

More and more I feel like our democracy is an illusion, maybe. I got this feeling that maybe Mitt and Obama are both just acting. I really don't know, but I guess I have to continue hoping that my paranoid conspiracy ideas are just my over-active imagination: I have an image of a Medieval king urging his subjects to war against neighboring kingdoms, claiming a need for for offensive action to protect the kingdom from its enemies, but the war just makes the king and his nobles wealthier and consolidates their power, mostly at the expense of the surfs.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:45 PM   #1278
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I suppose it's no real surprise that they seem to be a pair of devious shitstained liars?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #1279
Irreligious
I Live Here

Apparently. Romney was more convincing in his lies and exaggerations, which were delivered with more passion and zest, according to the pundits. Clearly, he's the better liar.

It might be useful in future debates to have someone from Factcheck.org standing off on the sidelines with a cattle prod in case the candidates are inspired to lie again.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #1280
Irreligious
I Live Here

Comedy gold?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 10-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #1281
psychodiva
I Live Here

oh most definitely!!!!!

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #1282
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

I would donate far more money to Obama's campaign if they would promise to use that money to BUY THAT MOTHERFUCKER A SET OF BALLS. JEBUS H CHRAP, MITT ROMNEY IS TEH FAIL. ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK.

*sigh*

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #1283
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Hey, Yanks - take a couple of weeks off and let the rest of the world do the votin' for ya! (erm, you do know where the 'rest of the world' is?)

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #1284
Davin
Obsessed Member

Well, Pakistan likes Romney, that's all I need to know to vote for him.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #1285
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
Well, Pakistan likes Romney...
Barely more than they like Obama, according to Smelly's poll. Of course, the relentless U.S. drone attacks might explain their antipathy to U.S. pols, in general.

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 10-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #1286
Davin
Obsessed Member

I really don't know of anyone who even likes Romney. Even people that say they're voting for Romney say they don't like him, they just think Romney is better than Obama. But mostly, I have seen people be against Obama for things that aren't Obama. Of course I'm not for Romney for things that might not be Romney, but it's really difficult to figure out what Romney is with his constant switching.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #1287
West491
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
I suppose it's no real surprise that they seem to be a pair of devious shitstained liars?
Nope, no surprise at all.
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #1288
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
lostsheep wrote View Post
More and more I feel like our democracy is an illusion, maybe. I got this feeling that maybe Mitt and Obama are both just acting. I really don't know, but I guess I have to continue hoping that my paranoid conspiracy ideas are just my over-active imagination: I have an image of a Medieval king urging his subjects to war against neighboring kingdoms, claiming a need for for offensive action to protect the kingdom from its enemies, but the war just makes the king and his nobles wealthier and consolidates their power, mostly at the expense of the surfs.
An illusion, maybe? No, for sure! Democracy - you get to vote for whoever makes the best promises, i.e. Romney's " a good paying job for everyone." ROTFLMAO!
Since there is no IQ or gullibility test for voters, the suckers and morons just lap it all up, and vote the usual sociopathic liars into office, who are the enablers of the religion scam.
When you vote, you're just voting for this season's cast in the Soap Opera known as Congress, or Parliament. They're just actors, putting on a play for you, while the real deals are made in the back rooms by the criminals.
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #1289
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Fuck me ragged.

I actually wasted multiple minutes of my life and read that whole document - now I know why the place is known as Tex-Ass and doesn’t appear on my ‘must visit’ list. I assume non-repuglicunts try to restore some semblance of balance, but with guidelines like that, the see-saw of sanity will be tipping into bigot & shitsville for longer than evolution will take to turn the authors into humans.
Texas isn't all bad. After all, delightful people like me live here too.

Texas is actually not a bad place to live, if you could just remove all the conservative religious assholes. Of course, Texas would also have about 3 electoral votes, if that happened.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #1290
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
lostsheep wrote View Post
Indeed. The crazy is getting thick here. I routinely hear (and overhear) people stating that they are going out to buy guns and stock up on food in case Obama wins and society collapses.
So, same as last time?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote