Wakkun

Quote:
Chris wrote View Post
The space really isn't a problem.
Not if you ban Cal
Old 05-17-2008, 02:39 PM   #287
Chris
Please vote!

Ok, just installed something new to resize images. Hopefully this will make everyone happy because it has per-user settings!

Go > User Control Panel » Edit Options » Thread Display Options - look for Image Resize, Image width and Image Height, now change accordingly. Let me know how this works for you. Also, make sure you clear your cache before you test it.

"Where they burn books, they will in the end also burn people." ~ Heinrich Heine
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:44 PM   #288
Wakkun

Yep, works for me. I set the max width to 600, which is a lot more realistic than 475. I see that if you do have images set to actual size the per-post width adjustment at least means that the whole layout isn't stretched to the width of the widest image. I think it's worth having some limit though; I don't want 3000px images thanks, and I wouldn't be surprised to see someone post images that big.

The "this image has been resized" notification is neat. At least we know there's higher definition if we want it.

I had to clear my cookies as well as cache to get this to kick in though (on Firefox).

Thanks, that's great
Old 05-18-2008, 01:01 AM   #289
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

At last - my exploding width jobby has gone away.

Mercy Beaucoop.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:37 AM   #290
Choobus
I Live Here

Would it be possible to arrange it so that one doesn't see quotes from douchebags members who are already on your ignore list? I know it is easy not to read knutsackesque drivel but I do find that never seeing it at all does wonders for my vexation levels. Alas, quoting seems to give these types more coverage than a mega bukkake.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:45 AM   #291
PanAtheist
Obsessed Member

Quote:
PanAtheist wrote View Post
There's a string of text exploding the width.
Thanks for fixing that.

Healthy genes act as team-players. They are teamish!
Their winning plays are
salvations of an aliveness of which they are a part.
Only a fraction of genes are selfish/parasitic (and they
parasitize teams).
PanAtheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:53 AM   #292
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Chris,
Slightly different subject: How are you doing on finances for this forum? Are you still fine, or do we need to do another donation drive?

I'm always happy to contribute some money, considering how much enjoyment I derive from it.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #293
Chris
Please vote!

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
Would it be possible to arrange it so that one doesn't see quotes from douchebags members who are already on your ignore list? I know it is easy not to read knutsackesque drivel but I do find that never seeing it at all does wonders for my vexation levels. Alas, quoting seems to give these types more coverage than a mega bukkake.
I don't know if it's possible yet, adding to my todo list. You could just ignore people that quote them. (kidding)

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
Chris,
Slightly different subject: How are you doing on finances for this forum? Are you still fine, or do we need to do another donation drive?

I'm always happy to contribute some money, considering how much enjoyment I derive from it.
I took the remaining money out of the account and bought myself an ipod!

No really, I pay for the hosting myself, it's $4 a month and save the rest for buying software or whatever we may need in the future. I think it's like $170 give or take.

"Where they burn books, they will in the end also burn people." ~ Heinrich Heine
Old 05-19-2008, 07:57 PM   #294
Chris
Please vote!

It seems that ignoring quotes from users you're ignoring is not possible yet, sorry. It does seem like something that should be logical and included.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:25 PM   #295
Choobus
I Live Here

Oh well. Thanks for checking.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:27 AM   #296
skribb

Isn't that hard to implement? Because behind the scenes, a quote is just text wrapped in fancy borders and stuff, and isn't actually traced back to the member who wrote said quote.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:59 AM   #297
nkb

Quote:
skribb wrote View Post
Isn't that hard to implement? Because behind the scenes, a quote is just text wrapped in fancy borders and stuff, and isn't actually traced back to the member who wrote said quote.
skribb,
Quotes (if done correctly) contain a link to the original post. Just click on the little arrow after your name above, and it takes you back to your post.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
Old 05-27-2008, 07:07 AM   #298
skribb

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
skribb,
Quotes (if done correctly) contain a link to the original post. Just click on the little arrow after your name above, and it takes you back to your post.
Yeah, I know. What I meant is that the forum's code itself cannot recognise who is quoted in the quote, and thus it cannot ignore quotes, because it ignores member IDs and not post IDs. I think you'd need some serious rewriting if you wanted to implement quote ignoring. Or something like that
Old 05-27-2008, 07:41 AM   #299
nkb

OK, I misunderstood you.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 05-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #300
Chris
Please vote!

Quote:
skribb wrote View Post
Right. Quotes are treated like text from the current author.