Old 08-31-2005, 08:58 PM   #46
Viole

Look! There's really people here! Join us, or suffer the consequences.

Old 08-31-2005, 09:02 PM   #47
Jennifer

I think they've RA's outgrown the Movable Type.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:08 PM   #48
Eva
Super Moderator

hey!!!!!!!

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:33 AM   #49
Kamikaze189

Should I make a new thread in Atheist News about the chat? Do people scroll down to comments?

“Whoever attacks the popular falsehoods of his time will find that a lie defends itself by telling other lies.” - Robert Ingersoll
Kamikaze189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:36 AM   #50
Jennifer

I installed the software last night, but I could not find the server irc.dynamix.com on the list and when I tried just typing it in that didn't seem to work.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:25 AM   #51
Eva
Super Moderator

when you open the mirc, a window opens and you click on continue...then another window opens with your name, email address, etc...there is a little orange/red star in that window...press it and write the name of the server in that space....then press ADD and you should be able to go there.

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Old 09-01-2005, 08:07 AM   #52
Paradox

i cant connect to irc.dynamix.com

Quote:
IRC log wrote
[01:04:06] * Connecting to irc.dynamix.com (6667)
-
[01:04:27] * Unable to connect to server (No Route to Host)
What port should i be using?
Old 09-01-2005, 11:11 AM   #53
Eva
Super Moderator

they have a default port
or: you don't have to tinker with the port setting

H. L. Mencken
Old 09-01-2005, 01:49 PM   #54
Kamikaze189

I have an idea of what my cause this. You may be having dns problems with your internet. (Don't worry if that's over your head.)

in the status window (aka the only window when you first start up)

type in the following and press enter:
/server 198.74.33.65

then to join the channel type the following in and press enter:
/join #ravingatheists

That SHOULD connect you to the server even if your isp is having dns trouble. Let me know if it works.

EDIT: Beyond that, you may try to reconnect to the internet (just disconnect if you're on 56k and connect again, or unplug from the comp if you're on dsl/cable and then plug it in again) and try it.

“Whoever attacks the popular falsehoods of his time will find that a lie defends itself by telling other lies.” - Robert Ingersoll
Kamikaze189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:29 AM   #55
Anonymous_number1

I dont have IRC...couldn't we just have ah-lil box at the bottom/top of the index page?

Pleeaaasseeee?
Old 09-02-2005, 11:22 AM   #56
Viole

Just download mIRC or X-Chat, or whatever. Many of them are free. You don't need to register anything. Just log on, and show up.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:56 AM   #57
Anonymous_number1

Ok, but I cant do that until I get my own computer...I have my own, but I dont have an internet connection. That's why I suggested a community box in the main page of the index of the forums. I know alot of forums that do that, but I'm not sure if the code will work in this setup.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:55 PM   #58
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

Not that anyone seems to use the chatroom. So far it's just been me, eva, and viole. COME ON PEOPLE!! CHAT ROOM!!

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:28 PM   #59
Tenspace
I Live Here

Up and running at work, I'll install at home tonight.

Rhino, talk to me, man!

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:39 PM   #60
Qwertz

Oooh! In my absence, we acquired a chat room! Excitement! Adventure!

-Q