Old 09-05-2005, 10:59 AM   #61
Paradox

Quote:
Kamikaze189 wrote
type in the following and press enter:
/server 198.74.33.65
Tried that, but I am still getting the "No Route to Host" message.

Edit:I have tried to connect to the server through proxies and it works, but then i get kicked off the server because proxies arent allowed:(
Old 09-05-2005, 02:36 PM   #62
ProveIt
Obsessed Member

I don't get it... I downloaded irc... seems to accept the server sting... but then where do I put /join #ravingatheists ? I try to put it in the line where I assume I'm supposed to write the messages... Help!

To pray is to verbalize that which some may have difficulty saying aloud in everyday life, in an effort to gain support or smarts from an outside source. I have no need for prayer. I am able to rationalize within my mind, and have no problem speaking it.
ProveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 03:18 PM   #63
ProveIt
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Paradox wrote
Quote:
Kamikaze189 wrote
/server 198.74.33.65

Edit:I have tried to connect to the server through proxies and it works, but then i get kicked off the server because proxies arent allowed:(
I was confused by the above statement and kept getting the no route host (and a few other) messages. Don't type the '/server' only enter the number '198.74.33.65' in the server box. same with the # raving athiest. (forget the /join) That's how I finally got in...

To pray is to verbalize that which some may have difficulty saying aloud in everyday life, in an effort to gain support or smarts from an outside source. I have no need for prayer. I am able to rationalize within my mind, and have no problem speaking it.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:37 PM   #64
AGENT-ADAIR

I dont care what any of you say.....i looked at all the posts, and tryed the links, does not work.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:16 AM   #65
Paradox

Quote:
ProveIt wrote
Quote:
Paradox wrote
Quote:
Kamikaze189 wrote
/server 198.74.33.65

I was confused by the above statement and kept getting the no route host (and a few other) messages. Don't type the '/server' only enter the number '198.74.33.65' in the server box. same with the # raving athiest. (forget the /join) That's how I finally got in...
Still not working... So I set up my own IRC chatroom on whatnet.

Click here
Old 09-06-2005, 09:23 AM   #66
ProveIt
Obsessed Member

This is the one that I got http://cnet.search.com/search?chkpt=...+6.16&tag=srch hit down load. Then follow the instructions in previous posts. I've seen a few of us in it... So I think it's the right one. Now if we could just get more than two people in the room at the same time.

edit: The second one in the list... mIRC is the one that I chose