Old 01-05-2006, 12:25 PM   #1
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...+of+the+master

Fundies ambush people on the streets (not very intelligent people) and try and make it look like they are all scientists that have no idea what evolution is.

This is so misleading it is just sad.

Had they interviewed actual scientists, they would have been shot down immediately.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins
DrunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:27 PM   #2
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

DAMN IT!

Im watching this now and it continues to piss me off.

They are making up stuff and misrepresenting everything.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins
Old 01-05-2006, 12:35 PM   #3
Tenspace
I Live Here

Did you miss an entire thread we just had on this?

http://ravingatheist.com/forum/viewt...d=77379#p77379

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:36 PM   #4
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

Yeah I guess I did. My bad.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:46 PM   #5
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
DrunkMonkey wrote
Yeah I guess I did. My bad.
Alcohol and Primates don't mix. :)

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:34 PM   #6
Oz

Oh, I see. The way to find out more about the Theory of Evolution is to go ask other people who also know nothing about it. Looks like Michael Moore has some competition as a documentarian!
Old 01-05-2006, 03:57 PM   #7
Realityhack

Wow... The stupidity of the human race again manages to amaze even me. And my philosiphy is that stupidity is humanities overaching trait. We are neither inherently good nor enhernently evil... just inherently stupid!
Old 01-05-2006, 05:36 PM   #8
RenaissanceMan

LOLOL That was hilarious!

These two fucktards should be the poster children for condoms.

Science to fucktards! Humans didn't evolve FROM modern apes, Humans and modern apes had common ancestors.

If you suffer through the stupidity all the way to the end... you get your reward!

The first is an analogy... you're in an airliner you KNOW is going to crash... and attempt to get a fellow passenger to use his parachute to escape. Which of those GENIOUSES came up with that?

The second is them pulling their "All microscopic trangressions of the ten commandments will get you sent to HELL" argument. I thought the guy was going to start punching Ray... I know I'd pay to see THAT on HBO!

The misrepresentation of science and evolution is .... just.... cosmic.

I take back about what I said about Kirk Cameron being a doey eyed ignoramus. NOONE is this stupid. He's straight up delusional and needs professional help.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:24 PM   #9
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

The best is at the very end when they do that classic "Have you ever lied?" kind of thing to that guy. At the end when they talk about jesus he says "How come..." but the guy gets louder and they never show you what the guy was objecting about.

Two things I thought of for that witnessing thing:

1) One of the classic arguments is that the bible says to kill disobediant children. The classic response is "that is the old testament, Jesus changed all that." I was wondering if that means the 10 commandments are invalid also. They would probably just pull some passage out of their ass to respond to that though.

2) I can honestly say I have never taken the name of the Lord in vain because I know neither hebrew nor arabic. Only English and a little Spanish, which I'm pretty sure were invented long after the days of the bible. If I don't know his name, how can I take it in vain?

Old 01-05-2006, 07:42 PM   #10
RenaissanceMan

Quote:
DrunkMonkey wrote
The best is at the very end when they do that classic "Have you ever lied?" kind of thing to that guy. At the end when they talk about jesus he says "How come..." but the guy gets louder and they never show you what the guy was objecting about.

Two things I thought of for that witnessing thing:

1) One of the classic arguments is that the bible says to kill disobediant children. The classic response is "that is the old testament, Jesus changed all that." I was wondering if that means the 10 commandments are invalid also. They would probably just pull some passage out of their ass to respond to that though.

2) I can honestly say I have never taken the name of the Lord in vain because I know neither hebrew nor arabic. Only English and a little Spanish, which I'm pretty sure were invented long after the days of the bible. If I don't know his name, how can I take it in vain?
Dude! It's YHWH. Pronounce it 'Yaweh"

So... a phase like "YHWH! Smite Pat Robertson for being a total dick cheese!" MIGHT apply... but I don't think so. That could be inferred as a prayer.

You would have to imply that YHWH has to do your bidding to be REALLY blaspheming... like:
YHWH will slay the leaders of your town if you don't hand over the women folk! Now THAT'S solid dissage of the lord's name!
Old 01-05-2006, 08:33 PM   #11
evident_enigma

They are more desperate and more foolish than I thought...

We're winning if we've forced them to these levels of stupidity.
ee
Old 01-05-2006, 10:30 PM   #12
defanatic

Ok. Let's have a look at this argument you bring forth. The bible accepts, nay! encourages the death of a child if it is disobedient (through artificial selection, according to evolution, you should get very obedient children).
"But!" sayeth the christian "That was in the old testament. Jesus came forth and took away the Law!"
"Matthew 5:17," the atheist responds, "Think not that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets; I have come not to abolish them but to fulfil them."

Hence the atheist can say that morality comes not from God, but from people.

BTW, if they tell you it was out of context, you can say that's a load of crap. Jesus sits down with a bunch of friends (i.e. minions/disciples) and says a bit, and then that. The verses following, just to show they are not out of context are:
Matt 5:18: "For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished."
Matt 5:19: "Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Note that he is telling us that if you do these things (such as killing children for minor offenses), you will be great in the kingdom of heaven (a realm, which despite searching, remains unfound). This is encouraging poor behaviour.