Old 04-30-2018, 07:08 PM   #4576
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Noodle wrote View Post
I wouldn't say there were life events that led to me being atheist. I think the basic reason why I am one is that religions are very clearly just stories to me. Sorry if that's kind of insulting to you, but it's the truth for me.

If I had to name some life events, they might be not getting satisfying answers to my questions in religion class and meeting other people who don't believe.
I understand somewhat where you are coming from. My sister, who is atheist as I have mentioned, believes the Bible was put together by a bunch of drunks who are laughing their asses off that people believe it now to this day.

She is also a respiratory therapist in health care and has seen much suffering and she can't understand why if there WAS a God why he would allow so much suffering and evil into the world.

That is the Number 1 reason I hear most often as to why people don't believe in Go; the suffering and horror in the world. It's easy for me to understand; but I see the Grace where sin abounds.

Romans: 5:20

New International Version

New International Version
The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more,

Thanks for sharing your reason. I do not believe all atheists go to hell as some here would insinuate. I have known atheists that live far better lives than their hypocritical Christian counterparts.

Welcome.

JJ
JerryJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:12 PM   #4577
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Hmm, good play, by stating your a woman we can't attack you anymore, else KA will call us a misogynist.

That explains my vision, I thought you were dressed like a woman when Satan decided to burn your feet and use a sword to admister anal sex.
Yes, Hertzy will be screaming in pain. We have forewarned Hertz that if IT does not quit ITS outright mocking of God IT could enter Hell sadly.

The "potty mouth" God will forgive for obviously Hertzy is also has some serious mental health issues.

May God heal Hertzy.

JJ
Old 04-30-2018, 07:13 PM   #4578
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post
The description ought to read, 'You are welcome here as long as you are not a lying fucker who avoids direct questions'.

In any case, if you don't like it here, fuck off. Ah, but you are such a smelly, fat, old, ugly, papist bitch that no one else will talk to you.
I greatly enjoy it here. Drunken Smelly gave me my own thread and it's been the most active thread of any.

I appreciate the visitors.

JJ
Old 04-30-2018, 07:15 PM   #4579
Noodle

Well baby's in the middle of an epic nap. So here are some of the questions about religion that I've never gotten satisfying answers to. To be clear, I'm not really interested in reading answers to these questions, although you can answer them if you want and I'll read them. And they're based on my own upbringing and conversations that I've had and are not based on assumptions I've made about the beliefs of any members of this forum.

1. If God is perfect, why would he need us to worship him? Why would he have wanted to create us in the first place? Do perfect beings get bored?

2. Why would God put the tree of knowledge in the garden knowing Adam and Eve would eat its fruit? That's like me giving my child a hand grenade and telling him not to pull the pin, knowing that he will. Do I have to purposely put my child in danger for him to have free will?

3. Apparently, we can't question God's justice because He is infallible while humans are fallible. Then how can we presume to know anything about God? How can we know anything at all?

4. If God is all powerful, why couldn't he just forgive us without all the Jesus torture?

5. If a person never finds out about Jesus and has no opportunity to become Christian, can he still get into heaven based on his goodness? If so, wouldn't it be better to stop teaching others about Jesus and destroy all Bibles? That way, everyone could be judged on their goodness because no one would have ever heard about Jesus. If not, what kind of justice is that?
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:16 PM   #4580
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Do you mind if I insult you, ?? No one will say I'm a misogynist?? Even if you are biologic female, you soul is very masculine - are you trans??
Let's call Hertz LOLA.

Lola
The Kinks

I met her in a club down in North Soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry cola
C-O-L-A cola
She walked up to me and she asked me to dance
I asked her name and in a dark brown voice she said, "Lola"
L-O-L-A Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola
Well, I'm not the world's most physical guy
But when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine
Oh my Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola
Well, I'm not dumb but I can't understand
Why she walk like a woman and talk like a man

Oh my Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola
Well, we drank champagne and danced all night
Under electric candlelight
She picked me up and sat me on her knee
And said, "Little boy won't you come home with me?"
Well, I'm not the world's most passionate guy
But when I looked in her eyes
Well, I…
Old 04-30-2018, 07:21 PM   #4581
Noodle

Thanks for the replies. I actually think suffering could be compatible with God if you buy into the ideas of sin and free will. Also, I realize my questions above are nitpicky and they're not the main reason for my disbelief. But they are examples of how I think. Again, I don't expect anyone to answer them.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:23 PM   #4582
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post
The description ought to read, 'You are welcome here as long as you are not a lying fucker who avoids direct questions'.

In any case, if you don't like it here, fuck off. Ah, but you are such a smelly, fat, old, ugly, papist bitch that no one else will talk to you.
blah blah blah blah; whine moan and bitch;

You sound like a broken record.

JJ
Old 04-30-2018, 07:32 PM   #4583
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Noodle wrote View Post
If you wanna know more, I'll answer your questions as best as I can and try not to ask you any questions. I'm not actually that interested in discussing atheism anymore; I was hoping to talk to someone about gun control and other political topics, but there are so few people here.
I truly have no issue with gun control to the means which will make society comfortable; background checks, waiting periods etc.

That said I am a Republican, and NRA member.

I do believe gun control really doesn't improve crime rates by guns for the State of Illinois which I have read (and I stand to be corrected) has the most strict gun control laws but yet a very high rate of deaths by guns.

I do believe I have the right to arm myself. Sadly it seems criminals can always get their hands on guns no matter what the gun laws.

I truly don't know what the answer is.

These are a few simple thoughts of mine.

What do you believe?

JJ
Old 04-30-2018, 08:59 PM   #4584
Noodle

Cool. Care to follow me to this gun control thread?

http://ravingatheists.com/forum/show...626#post692626
Old 04-30-2018, 11:24 PM   #4585
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
JerryJohn wrote View Post
I have known atheists that live far better lives than their hypocritical Christian counterparts.

Welcome.

JJ
Eg, you and that weirdo android IQ6.

Do I sound like a fuckin' people person?
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:28 PM   #4586
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
I agree - !!! Except for the Atheists, of course.
You have an IQ of 6 which you frequently demonstrate.

You also have a mind like the inside of a sewer, you weird fucker.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:31 PM   #4587
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Let's call Hertz LOLA.

Lola
The Kinks

I met her in a club down in North Soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry cola
C-O-L-A cola
She walked up to me and she asked me to dance
I asked her name and in a dark brown voice she said, "Lola"
L-O-L-A Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola
Well, I'm not the world's most physical guy
But when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine
Oh my Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola
Well, I'm not dumb but I can't understand
Why she walk like a woman and talk like a man

Oh my Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola
Well, we drank champagne and danced all night
Under electric candlelight
She picked me up and sat me on her knee
And said, "Little boy won't you come home with me?"
Well, I'm not the world's most passionate guy
But when I looked in her eyes
Well, I…
Really showing your age now you old, smelly, senile, smelly twat. Oh, change you incontinence pad. We don't want a smell like we had yesterday, do we?

Old 04-30-2018, 11:33 PM   #4588
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
blah blah blah blah; whine moan and bitch;

You sound like a broken record.

JJ
Don't like it? Fuck off, you smelly, old, ugly, senile, papist bitch.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:22 AM   #4589
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Noodle wrote View Post
Well baby's in the middle of an epic nap. So here are some of the questions about religion that I've never gotten satisfying answers to. To be clear, I'm not really interested in reading answers to these questions, although you can answer them if you want and I'll read them. And they're based on my own upbringing and conversations that I've had and are not based on assumptions I've made about the beliefs of any members of this forum.

1. If God is perfect, why would he need us to worship him? Why would he have wanted to create us in the first place? Do perfect beings get bored?

2. Why would God put the tree of knowledge in the garden knowing Adam and Eve would eat its fruit? That's like me giving my child a hand grenade and telling him not to pull the pin, knowing that he will. Do I have to purposely put my child in danger for him to have free will?

3. Apparently, we can't question God's justice because He is infallible while humans are fallible. Then how can we presume to know anything about God? How can we know anything at all?

4. If God is all powerful, why couldn't he just forgive us without all the Jesus torture?

5. If a person never finds out about Jesus and has no opportunity to become Christian, can he still get into heaven based on his goodness? If so, wouldn't it be better to stop teaching others about Jesus and destroy all Bibles? That way, everyone could be judged on their goodness because no one would have ever heard about Jesus. If not, what kind of justice is that?
In the early days of christardology, worshipping god was a way for the so-called elite to control the masses. If the worshipping was done in a church, then this served two purposes: It showed the masses the power of the church (through the large building) and also enabled the church to relieve the masses of their money through the collection plates and by coercing people to give their goods to the church in order to secure their place in heaven. This allowed the church to grow even richer and ever more powerful.

Man was supposedly created by god and, because god was supposedly perfect, so was the first Man. We know Man isn't perfect and that he does evil. The Tree of Knowledge was an attempt, by the writers of the babble, to explain how the evil got into Man. It also implies that knowledge is not a good thing. This discourages christards from seeking knowledge that may show that god and the babble are total bollocks. The papist bitch mary and the weirdo android IQ 6 are prime examples. They know fuck all about their religion and don't show any inclination to find out.

The twats who wrote the books that make up the babble are many and disperate. All had their own unique views of god and their own reasons for writing them. That's why the babble is inconsistent within itself. Your example of god's infallibility and Man's fallibility is just one of many.

By the end of the 1st. century AD, christardology had all but died out for a number of reasons including: a) It was fragmented into a number of small sects that weren't self-sustaining and which often clashed with each other, not unlike today, in fact. b) Originally, christardology was in competition with a belief system brought to a people by an occupying Roman force. c) Christardology was a god-based belief system which people had difficulty relating to. jebus, originally, was demi-god who lived in outer space, just below the Moon, and had constant battles with Satan over good and evil. Through the gospels, jebus was given an Earthly existence. This enabled people to more easily relate to him and allowed the religion to continue to exist. This also explains the inconsistencies about jebus in the gospels because it was all made-up shit. It also explains why the sect of christardology that we are familiar with today went around destroying the books of the other early christard sects that differed in their beliefs.

The concept of heaven and hell was created in the 4th century by the christards of the day. It was another mechanism to keep the populace in check. Basically, if people didn't do what the christards of the day said, then, they would go to hell when they died and would suffer for eternity.

Hope this helps.

If you need further explanation, just holler.

I'm sure that others will chip in too with their thoughts - except the two twattish christards - who know fuck all about fuck all, including christardology.

Last edited by hertz vanrental; 05-01-2018 at 12:48 AM.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:48 AM   #4590
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Noodle wrote View Post

Essentially, religions are just made up shit. The masses actually want to believe because it helps them more easily cope with death if they believe that there is a better place to go to. It also enables the church to control the masses because they claim that they control the gates to heaven. It also helps people put up with the rigours of life, often created by the church. As such, their is a definite symbiotic relationship between religion and the masses that believe.

There's a downside, of course, and that is that believers don't make the best of the only life that they are guaranteed because of the belief in an afterlife.

Religions are emotional, not logical. They are created to solve emotional issues, not logical ones.

Most religions are created by groups of people, over a period of time, who seek to control the masses and this is their primary goal.

As a result, the various religious writings often conflict with one another and appear to be illogical. This is because they actually do conflict with one another and are illogical and this is because the religion itself is a load of lies and bollocks.

You seek logical answers to logical questions. That is fine, commendable and natural but, when related to religion, there isn't always logical answers to emotional, illogical bollocks.