Old 07-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
Pahu

Science Disproves Evolution - Pahu's Pile of Preachy PooPoo

The Law of Biogenesis

Spontaneous generation (the emergence of life from nonliving matter) has never been observed. All observations have shown that life comes only from life. This has been observed so consistently it is called the law of biogenesis. The theory of evolution conflicts with this scientific law when claiming that life came from nonliving matter through natural processes (a).

Evolutionary scientists reluctantly accept the law of biogenesis (b). However, some say that future studies may show how life could come from lifeless matter, despite the virtually impossible odds. Others say that their theory of evolution doesn’t begin until the first life somehow arose. Still others say the first life was created, then evolution occurred. All evolutionists recognize that, based on scientific observations, life comes only from life.

a. And yet, leading evolutionists are forced to accept some form of spontaneous generation. For example, a former Harvard University professor and Nobel Prize winner in physiology and medicine acknowledged the dilemma.

“The reasonable view [during the two centuries before Louis Pasteur] was to believe in spontaneous generation; the only alternative, to believe in a single, primary act of supernatural creation. There is no third position.” George Wald, “The Origin of Life,” Scientific American, Vol. 190, August 1954, p. 46.

Wald rejects creation, despite the impossible odds of spontaneous generation.

“One has only to contemplate the magnitude of this task to concede that the spontaneous generation of a living organism is impossible. Yet here we are—as a result, I believe, of spontaneous generation.” Ibid.

Later, Wald appeals to huge amounts of time to accomplish what seemed to be the impossibility of spontaneous generation.

“Time is in fact the hero of the plot. ... Given so much time, the ‘impossible’ becomes possible, the possible probable, and the probable virtually certain. One has only to wait: time itself performs the miracles.” Ibid., p. 48.

What Wald did not appreciate in 1954 (before, as just one example, the genetic code was discovered) was how the complexity in life is vastly greater than anyone at that time could have imagined. [See pages 13-21]
So, today, the impossibility of spontaneous generation is even more firmly established, regardless of the time available. But unfortunately, several generations of professors and textbooks with Wald’s perspective have so impacted our universities that it is difficult for evolutionists to change direction.

Evolutionists also do not recognize:

that with increasing time (their “miracle maker”) comes increasing degradation of the fragile environment on which life depends, and

that creationists have much better explanations (such as the flood) for the scientific observations that evolutionists thought showed increasing time.

Readers will later see this.

b. “The beginning of the evolutionary process raises a question which is as yet unanswerable. What was the origin of life on this planet? Until fairly recent times there was a pretty general belief in the occurrence of ‘spontaneous generation.’ It was supposed that lowly forms of life developed spontaneously from, for example, putrefying meat. But careful experiments, notably those of Pasteur, showed that this conclusion was due to imperfect observation, and it became an accepted doctrine [the law of biogenesis] that life never arises except from life. So far as actual evidence goes, this is still the only possible conclusion. But since it is a conclusion that seems to lead back to some supernatural creative act, it is a conclusion that scientific men find very difficult of acceptance. It carries with it what are felt to be, in the present mental climate, undesirable philosophic implications, and it is opposed to the scientific desire for continuity. It introduces an unaccountable break in the chain of causation, and therefore cannot be admitted as part of science unless it is quite impossible to reject it. For that reason most scientific men prefer to believe that life arose, in some way not yet understood, from inorganic matter in accordance with the laws of physics and chemistry.” J. W. N. Sullivan, The Limitations of Science (New York: The Viking Press, Inc., 1933), p. 94.

[From “In the Beginning” by Walt Brown]

Last edited by Smellyoldgit; 08-04-2011 at 01:22 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
GodlessHeathen
Obsessed Member

<Getting popcorn>

Christian: One who believes that the New Testament is a divinely inspired book admirably suited to the spiritual needs of his neighbor. - Ambrose Bierce
GodlessHeathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
ubs
I Live Here

Pahu, is this YOUR position? Or do you just skip around the internet sprinkling random quotes? I'd like to know before I dive in.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #4
Demigod79

I've encountered him before. He copies and pastes random creationist propaganda on atheist sites. He's basically just a troll.

Religion - it gives people hope in a world torn apart by religion.
Demigod79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
Demigod79 wrote View Post
I've encountered him before. He copies and pastes random creationist propaganda on atheist sites. He's basically just a troll.
Not just a troll, but a crappy troll. Troll quality seems to be in a state of decay all over the web these days.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #6
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Pahu must be right I guess.
selliedjoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:28 PM   #7
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

In his photo is he squatting down for a bog?

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:44 PM   #8
ghoulslime
I Live Here

I would be interested to see the evidence that the very silly individual, who is postulating that life never arises except from life, actually possesses. I welcome any and all data which demonstrates that throughout the universe, this is fact.

There appears to be evidence that life, at least in one instance, arose from the proper chemical combination, and nothing more. This appears at this point to be how life began on our planet. Was there some evidence that something in addition to this naturalistic explanation was required or had a hand in the emergence of life on earth? Let us see the evidence!

Also, please explain how the initial emergence of life on Earth, regardless of how it transpired, could disprove the empirically-demonstrable fact of Darwinian Evolution?

Might I venture to point out, that the author of this thread is a complete imbecile?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #9
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
selliedjoup wrote View Post
Pahu must be right I guess.
Could you please explain to the author of this thread why he is wrong, Jerry?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:25 AM   #10
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
In December 2007, some far more patient Forum Fuhrer wrote
Spamming this group repeatedly will not aid your cause. Please desist unless you are posting thoughtful and novel information. Thank you.
Quote:
In July 2011, some smelly wanker wrote
Get fucked, you useless piece of shit. We're not interested in reading your cretinous crap, other than to laugh at.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:38 AM   #11
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

The retard's copied shit went down really well here as well. Views 0, Replies 0.

At least he got the point & laughs he deserves from us heathen bastards!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:49 AM   #12
Eternal
Thank God I’m an atheist

+1 for what some smelly old wanker typed in July 2011.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:14 AM   #13
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Life comes from life eh? Does death come from death, and up come from up? I know money goes to money. What a water pistol full of cum that post is.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:03 AM   #14
Davin
Obsessed Member

Just in, science disproves gravity!

Gravity has never been observed to come from nothing, and since the big bang cannot be observed, gravity does not exist! It's really just tiny invisible angels that pull everything to the ground.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:18 AM   #15
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
Just in, science disproves gravity!

Gravity has never been observed to come from nothing, and since the big bang cannot be observed, gravity does not exist! It's really just tiny invisible angels that pull everything to the ground.
I fucking knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote