Old 01-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #31
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Thanks for the reminder, Chaos. Having come across Bogus' paper, it now makes what you were saying nearly a month ago a lot clearer.

I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same.
No, thanks for the link. A very interesting read.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #32
R and All
Soon to be just another skull

Many more children die each year as a result of car crashes than as a result of gun violence. Let's use our reason, not impulsive emotion, to decide whether we want to overturn the second amendment. Crazy and/or psychotic folk are always going to be dangerous and are never going to follow the law. Why deny the law-abiding the ability to defend themselves?

Reality is not a belief. We do not take it on faith, it confirms itself whenever we see physics, chemistry, biology etc. working as predicted by their various empirically obtained rules. - Sternwallow
R and All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #33
9opiles

I'll consider the support of making guns illegal when the government, and the rest of the world, gives up its nuclear weapons, at least
9opiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:16 AM   #34
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Shirly the world will be a much more pleasant, uber-safe place once everybody has their personal tactical nuke and a nice shiney button to keep their finger on?

.... of course, there's bound to be the isolated nutjob who fucks up the stats with a sensational mass murder before nuking himself - but hey, it's one way to control the population.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #35
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Agreed, the only way to stop some crazy with a nuke is if a good citizen with a nuke can press the button before him. And teachers should all carry nukes.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #36
Davin
Obsessed Member

Also, of course I agree that crazy people shouldn't carry nukes... but nothing should be done to make sure a person isn't crazy before selling them nukes.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #37
9opiles

No, it's because the constitution says we have the right to bear arms. Before we start changing the Constitution to take away that right, if we don't have the right to bear arms because of people committing murder with guns, then they don't have the right to bear arms and have nuclear weapons that murder the Earth. Shoot a gun at someone, it kills them. Shoot a gun at a tree, and the tree still lives. Shoot a gun at any plant, really, and it still lives. Guns destroy only certain parts of life. Nuclear weapons, on the other hand, affect everything. If I can't have a gun, they can't have nuclear weapons.
9opiles is offline   Reply With Quote