Old 01-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #16
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Shirly this can't be real.

Quote:
The CEO of Tactical Response, a Tennessee-based company that provides weapons training and gear, posted a YouTube video in which he threatens to “start killing people” if President Obama’s gun control “goes one inch further.”

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #17
nkb
He who walks among the theists

This is the gun rights version of Poe, isn't it?

When it comes to an emotional topic such as guns, anything is possible. Some of these people are absolute nutbags.

Did you see they guy that was interviewed by Piers Morgan? Without any prodding from Piers, he just wound himself up, and started spewing about another 1776, conspiracies to take away guns, and all sorts of other stuff.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #18
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
I can't tell any more - real or Poe, he's a squirming fuckhead.
He's already edited the origional 'I'm gonna kill people video' - uploaded another standing by his bullshit. I expect the Feds to pay him a visit.

As for Morgan, yes, I saw the ranting shitgoblin, but please don't send the Piers Prick back - we'll pay ya to keep him!

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #19
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post

When it comes to an emotional topic such as guns, anything is possible. Some of these people are absolute nutbags.

Did you see they guy that was interviewed by Piers Morgan? Without any prodding from Piers, he just wound himself up, and started spewing about another 1776, conspiracies to take away guns, and all sorts of other stuff.
That very same lunatic has previously warned us all about how juice boxes are a government conspiracy to turn our sons gay.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #20
Professor Chaos

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post

As for Morgan, yes, I saw the ranting shitgoblin, but please don't send the Piers Prick back - we'll pay ya to keep him!
You don't have to pay us, we'll keep him for free. I'm by no means pro or anti Piers (I don't watch and haven't watched any program that he's on or has been on). But we could absolutely use his voice in the battle with the lunatic gun nuts.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #21
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post
That very same lunatic has previously warned us all about how juice boxes are a government conspiracy to turn our sons gay.
Baby steps.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 01-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #22
psychodiva
I Live Here

wow low-hanging fruit- the US govmt knows how to find it lol

finally got around to watching the Piers Morgan thing- well most of it before my ears couldn't stand any more- I've not really taken much notice of Morgan before now - not really on my radar as having a brain worth listening to - but my estimation of him went up with his dealing with the dumbfuck gun freak - seriously- that guy has a radio show?

all people like that do is make USA land look even dumber and weirder

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #23
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

The second amendment out trumps the first nowadays?

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:45 AM   #24
psychodiva
I Live Here

I think it depends on media reaction

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #25
Irreligious
I Live Here

Could it be that the Second Amendment is a vestige of our slavery past?

According to Carl T. Bogus, a professor at Roger Williams University School of Law in Bristol, R.I., it very well have may have been included in the Constitution to appease slave-owning, anti-Federalists in the south who relied on regulated militias to keep the enslaved black population under control:

In his recent U.C. Davis Law Review article "The Hidden History of the Second Amendment," Roger Williams University School of Law Professor Carl T. Bogus offers a thesis that could forever change the way Americans view the Second Amendment: James Madison wrote the Second Amendment to assure the southern states that Congress would not undermine the slave system by disarming the militia, which were then the principal instruments of slave control throughout the South.

The synopsis provided by the Violence Policy Center is a provocative and fascinating read. The entire paper can be downloaded here.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #26
Professor Chaos

Yep.

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote View Post
Basically, the second amendment can be translated thusly, when incorporating the framers' intent:

"Englishmen and Indians may try to get this country back. Hell, maybe someday a gaggle of escaped niggers might rise against us. We can't let that happen. Now all of you farmers and merchants and stuff should be prepared to join your state or local militias, and should keep a musket in your house in case something like this happens."

That's it. Period. Who would think that a document written nearly 250 years ago by rich white slaveowners whose most advanced weapon was a musket wouldn't be infallible for all of time?

Old 01-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #27
Irreligious
I Live Here

Thanks for the reminder, Chaos. Having come across Bogus' paper, it now makes what you were saying nearly a month ago a lot clearer.

I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #28
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Mmm, if its bogus, I won't be reading it.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:09 AM   #29
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

The fully codified Merkin constitution seems to present the biggest single roadblock to change. (We crazy Brits don't have a unified document spelling out how we'll be governed - we roll with the times, change, adapt and make things up as we go along.) I'd guess many USAers can't understand why they need to shit - nevermind wrap their heads around the historical reasons why the 2nd amendment was ever written.

With extreme erronous ideas so firmly embedded in such a huge chunk of the national psyche, what's the process for changing the constitution? I can't see any process convincing the redneck gun toting dick swinging macho idiot that he should mangle his penis extension shooter. Murrika seems so totally polarised to me - this is gonna be one hell of a long battle.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 01-17-2013, 03:50 AM   #30
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

I understand the whole arming yourself thing. But what army do they think is going to over run the most powerful military in the world? And if their own military decide to impose, whatever, the people are never going to have the weaponry/fire power to protect themselves. The gun lobby seems to be arguing for an arms race within its own borders. Amazing. Nothing to do with increased gun sales.................If there really was a satan........

A theist is just an atheist with a space in it.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote