Old 12-11-2011, 12:00 AM   #151
Egor

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
You cannot spam. GOT IT?!!!!! I am more afraid of a wet fart than I am of you.
Then how come you're writing like a dog that's peeing on himself out of fear?

I'm putting my avatar back up. I can appreciate not being allowed a link in my sig since it's not generally allowed. Besides, by now, you all know where to find me.

And I'd be glad to answer any ten reasonable questions presented to me without ducking at all. Bring it on.

But if the mods change my avatar. Don't blame me for not answering your sad little questions.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:30 AM   #152
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Do you do anal?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:56 AM   #153
Egor

With all your rolls do you need butter?
Old 12-11-2011, 03:17 AM   #154
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Egor. How is the book doing? Got a publisher yet? As an interim measure is there any chance of you providing us with your scientific proof of God? And could you respond to a question you persistently avoid: do you believe that the bible is the inerrant word of your God?
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:25 AM   #155
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
So that's a yes then? EGOr

Apparently vaseline works better than butter though.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:30 AM   #156
Egor

Quote:
Broga wrote View Post
Egor. How is the book doing? Got a publisher yet? As an interim measure is there any chance of you providing us with your scientific proof of God? And could you respond to a question you persistently avoid: do you believe that the bible is the inerrant word of your God?

The book is doing fine. Next week I should have the outline finalized, and no publisher yet. But the book will be out in 2012.

No chance of providing you scientific proof of God. The closer you get to an explanation of God in physical terms the less like God that god becomes and the more that god requires a God to have created it. In other words, it’s like a mirage: The closer you think you’re getting the more it moves back. No one can comprehend God. That’s why there has to be a revelation of God, and the best revelation of God is the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.

There are, however, evidences, like something you can see in your peripheral vision that you can’t see when you look straight at it. There are signs and implications. The universe requires a first cause that is intelligent and capable of acting. The universe displays intelligent order. Consciousness seems to be an exterior phenomenon based on the apparent consciousness of paramecium and the existence of psi phenomena such as precognition. There are thought experiments like that existence requires observation, or the impossibility of nothing.

As to the Bible. I hold that the four Gospels of the New Testament (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) are the inerrant word of God to mankind. I don’t hold that to be true of the rest of the Bible. I consider the Old Testament to be historical reference for the Gospels and the other books of the New Testament to be commentary on the Gospels and the opinions of early Christians.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:58 AM   #157
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
The book is doing fine. Next week I should have the outline finalized

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 12-11-2011, 03:58 AM   #158
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Then how come you're writing like a dog that's peeing on himself out of fear?
To counteract you writing like an arsehole shitting himself in ignorance
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:00 AM   #159
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote: In other words, it’s like a mirage: The closer you think you’re getting the more it moves back. No one can comprehend God.

Mirages don't exist you know? If no one can comprehend god, then what exactly is its point?
Old 12-11-2011, 04:49 AM   #160
Egor

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
Quote: In other words, it’s like a mirage: The closer you think you’re getting the more it moves back. No one can comprehend God.

Mirages don't exist you know?

Really? Oh no! Wait, maybe that's why I used the word "like." Sorry, let me explain: "like" means similar to but not actually the same.

Quote:
If no one can comprehend god, then what exactly is its point?

First off, think about it: If you could comprehend God, how could that be God? The God who created the universe? It couldn't be. It would only be some force, like gravity. And that force would require an explanation for it's existence, in other words, that god would require a God.

Having said that, let me repeat something from Sunday School: For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

We can't comprehend God, but we can use the revelation of God that God sent to us. When his disciples asked Jesus to show them the Father, he said: "If you have seen me, you have seen the Father."

But you want to hold God in your hand. You want to analyze God down to nothing ala Spinoza. But how could a creation ever fully comprehend its creator? It can't. Your atheism is based on an absurdity.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:04 AM   #161
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Your atheism is based on an absurdity.
I wonder if the fool understands at last?
Yes, talking snakes, virgin births, miraculous resurrections, bread & fish sammiges for the masses - indeed, quite absurd, hence not believing any of it.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 12-11-2011, 05:21 AM   #162
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Spot on Smelly.

EGOr, why does god reward those who believe in him but punishes those who don't? Is god vain? And if it's so important for him to be recognised, why does he remain so opaque especially to vast geographic parts of the world?

Surely he can't be too clever if he is relying on the revelation of a certain Jesus in a relatively small, obscure and backward part of the world two thousand years ago, without making the slightest appearance since then.

All atheists ask for is evidence of this entities existence. What is absurd is to believe a whole pile of superstitious mumbo jumbo developed by bronze age goat herders.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:40 AM   #163
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Look at Egor going full sar-chasm on ILJ.

ILJ, he didn't say Gawd IS a mirage. He said Gawd is LIKE a mirage. Can't you see the distinkshun? Let's see -- a mirage is a hallucination, often instigated by delirium, wishful thinking, and as Egor says, the closer you think you’re getting the more it moves back. He's right--Gawd is just LIKE that. Mirages, like Gawd, are products of human imagination. So why imagine a homicidal maniac when you could be imagining Salma Hayek in giant bowl of gravy ?

It was a real win for civil rights that Egor got his avatar in place. Every time we see a V nailed to a cross we'll all be thinking the same thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:47 AM   #164
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Really? Oh no! Wait, maybe that's why I used the word "like." Sorry, let me explain: "like" means similar to but not actually the same.

So God is LIKE something that doesn't exist? You are special my friend lol.
If god is incomprehensible don't you think you should take the hint you poor fellow? If we can only know him through other people doesn't that seem a little inefficient in self promotion? Shouldn't god promote himself a little more wisely, like maybe have a facebook page etc? You making him incomprehensible allows you to believe in something that has no basis in reality, then shrug your shoulders when we want some form of proof it exists, and say " well you cannot ever see, know or understand this God". Please understand our point when as atheists we say, "WELL WHAT IS HIS FUCKING POINT THEN?"
Old 12-11-2011, 06:50 AM   #165
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
Look at Egor going full sar-chasm on ILJ.

ILJ, he didn't say Gawd IS a mirage. He said Gawd is LIKE a mirage. Can't you see the distinkshun? Let's see -- a mirage is a hallucination, often instigated by delirium, wishful thinking, and as Egor says, the closer you think you’re getting the more it moves back. He's right--Gawd is just LIKE that. Mirages, like Gawd, are products of human imagination. So why imagine a homicidal maniac when you could be imagining Salma Hayek in giant bowl of gravy ?

It was a real win for civil rights that Egor got his avatar in place. Every time we see a V nailed to a cross we'll all be thinking the same thing.
Agreed, I say something similar in my post. I am thinking this guy is being deliberately dense now. From just being spiritual, to becoming a Christer due to this forum no less. Doesn't make sense unless we are all doing our job very badly at laying waste to the waste that is god.