Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2007, 08:27 AM   #11
Lily

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
Her evidence, as she said, is the book of Acts. How, she must wonder, could the book of Acts have been written if there had not been apostles? Since the author of that book was obviously both observant and truthful, there must have been apostles just as he wrote. In addition, the existence of apostles ensures that Jesus was actually God (ref: Koresh, Jones etc...).:vomit:
Ridiculous. When you descend into this sort of fatuous dishonesty, there is nothing left to do but leave you to it.

Quote:
Ah, dishonesty, you say?

Weren't you the poster who identified Acts as the key document for the veracity of the Gospels and the Apostles through their various sacrifices and martyrdom?
No. I recommended reading it in order to see how the Apostles presented their case to skeptical and sometimes hostile audiences.

Quote:
Are you not the person who used the claim that the Biblical authors were eyeball witnesses and people of good standing and truthful, as evidence that the things they wrote about were factual?
No. The Gospels we have were written later. However they record the testimony of eye-witnesses.

Quote:
Have not the leaders of all cults, no matter how depraved, obtained their influence from a coterie of sycophants, often willing to commit suicide?
Irrelevant, despite your triumphant and fatuous certainty that the parallel you wish to draw somehow ends the discussion.

Quote:
Evidently my anticipation of the probable tone of a Lily response struck too close to the bone. Ridiculous? Perhaps not.
It should be easy for anyone with an IQ above 50 to predict how I will react to intellectual dishonesty and/or willful stupidity by now.