Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
+1
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:30 AM   #32
Egor

What I'm watching right now...

DEBATE: Atheists vs Christians (Krauss + Shermer vs D'Souza + Hutchinson)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7vEB6FXtbs

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:33 AM   #33
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
What I'm watching right now...

DEBATE: Atheists vs Christians (Krauss + Shermer vs D'Souza + Hutchinson)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7vEB6FXtbs
I'll take Krauss and give you 3 pts.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:38 AM   #34
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Davin and Smelly in particular, while seeming a bit unfriendly in their posts at time, have argued sentimentally for the brotherhood of man - a Christian position.
Fuck off, this is nothing to do with your jesus based wank. As Kinich pointed out, this is Humanism - look it up.
The only christian position of slight interest is missionary - and even that's boring after a couple of shags!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #35
Egor

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
You are not very good at sport are you?
Who cares?

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post
He dresses to thrill
He dances to impress
He invents conundrums
He drinks to excess.
Shoot to thrill.

Quote:
hertz vanrental wrote View Post
I'll take Krauss and give you 3 pts.
Krauss is crude idiot with stupid ideas like "nothing" has a weight.

And why do atheists always dress like shit? The other side is in nice suits, look dignified, and are smart. The atheists are all casual--like dirt people. Just wondering.

Okay, it's just Krauss, but my point is still half-valid.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:52 AM   #36
Egor

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
You don't get it. The proof you're talking about is "proof that would convince YOU." And I fully admit, there may be no such proof available. You may be doomed. I suppose only you can figure that one out.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:56 AM   #37
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
You don't get it. The proof you're talking about is "proof that would convince YOU." And I fully admit, there may be no such proof available. You may be doomed. I suppose only you can figure that one out.
Proof is a slippery slope.

What level is satisfactory?.

Descartes got it right after all, the only thing anyone can truly know, know absolutely for sure is...

I THINK THEREFORE I AM!

There are good reasons to suspect there may be a God.! Place your hope in one - !!
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:59 AM   #38
Egor

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Well said.

I have wondered, even though is opposition to the position of the Church, whether it matters more (with regards to salvation) that a follower believes in the "teachings of Jesus" - more so than the status of Jesus (or God).

An atheist can certainly believe in the Teachings of Jesus.
Good point. I hadn't thought of it that way. I think you're right.

Quote:
Davin and Smelly in particular, while seeming a bit unfriendly in their posts at time, have argued sentimentally for the brotherhood of man - a Christian position.
Exactly. I don't even think they're real atheists. A real atheist would be a self-centered hedonist, essentially an animal. I mean, even my dogs don't treat each other badly. Even my dogs have a basic "survival morality" if you will. And a real atheist would not rise above that.

Just saying you don't believe in God means nothing. Look at all the Christians that say they believe in Jesus.

Old 01-10-2018, 11:06 AM   #39
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post

I THINK THEREFORE I AM!
andoid, you don't think therefore you are not.

Now fuck off.

Oh, and cut out the weird shit.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:09 AM   #40
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Who cares?

Shoot to thrill.

Krauss is crude idiot with stupid ideas like "nothing" has a weight.

And why do atheists always dress like shit? The other side is in nice suits, look dignified, and are smart. The atheists are all casual--like dirt people. Just wondering.

Okay, it's just Krauss, but my point is still half-valid.
Crude? maybe.

Idiot? Nooooooo.

OK, I'll take half of Krauss and give you 1.5 pts.

This way, I'll be valid half the time.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:50 AM   #41
Egor

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Proof is a slippery slope.

What level is satisfactory?.

Descartes got it right after all, the only thing anyone can truly know, know absolutely for sure is...

I THINK THEREFORE I AM!

There are good reasons to suspect there may be a God.! Place your hope in one - !!
Oh, surely you've heard: The atheists have done away with Descartes axiom. You see, they think consciousness and brain activity are the same thing. I think they call it "identity theory."

What they say is that anything you think IS the biochemical/electrical activity of your brain. Hence it's an illusion, but with no one there to be illuded. It's a fancy way of saying the "you" you think you are does not exist--the feeling that you do exist IS the workings of the gelatinous neuro-mold within your skull.

It's actually a form of intellectual cowardice, and it would be the inane ramblings of a shopping-cart pushing schizophrenic, but it's the academic elite who are claiming it, the self-appointed creators of truth.

It's the same thing as saying: just because something obviously exists doesn't mean it does exist. Just because you think it is there doesn't mean there is a you to begin with. It's Winston being tortured into saying 4 fingers is really 5 (see 1984).

And it's airtight. There is no way to argue against it. It's un-falsifiable. It's their version of "God did it."

With that belief firmly in place, they could, without conscience (because they don't believe in conscience anyway), solve over-population by putting live people through massive meat grinders and feeding the ground beef to other people. Why wouldn't they? Who knows? Don't ask them--they claim they don't exist.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:34 PM   #42
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 01-10-2018, 12:42 PM   #43
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Oh, surely you've heard: The atheists have done away with Descartes axiom.
android, the weird twat, still thinks we have a king on the throne.

Last edited by Smellyoldgit; 01-10-2018 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Fixed image tag
Old 01-10-2018, 01:17 PM   #44
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Oh, surely you've heard: The atheists have done away with Descartes axiom. You see, they think consciousness and brain activity are the same thing. I think they call it "identity theory."

What they say is that anything you think IS the biochemical/electrical activity of your brain. Hence it's an illusion, but with no one there to be illuded. It's a fancy way of saying the "you" you think you are does not exist--the feeling that you do exist IS the workings of the gelatinous neuro-mold within your skull.

It's actually a form of intellectual cowardice, and it would be the inane ramblings of a shopping-cart pushing schizophrenic, but it's the academic elite who are claiming it, the self-appointed creators of truth.

It's the same thing as saying: just because something obviously exists doesn't mean it does exist. Just because you think it is there doesn't mean there is a you to begin with. It's Winston being tortured into saying 4 fingers is really 5 (see 1984).

And it's airtight. There is no way to argue against it. It's un-falsifiable. It's their version of "God did it."

With that belief firmly in place, they could, without conscience (because they don't believe in conscience anyway), solve over-population by putting live people through massive meat grinders and feeding the ground beef to other people. Why wouldn't they? Who knows? Don't ask them--they claim they don't exist.
I suppose some would call this brain activity, whether Egor is all here though I'm not so sure.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:30 PM   #45
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Kinich Ahau wrote View Post
I suppose some would call this brain activity, whether Egor is all here though I'm not so sure.
It's the same old Ebore.
Arrogant, hate-filled, angry, stupidly wrong, lazy, shit-stirring assclown with delusions of relevance.
He's too far gone to understand why his attitude gets him banned, rejected & laughed at - and why his 'ventures' all seem to go tits up.
Hell be bored and moving on pretty soon. Inshallah.

Stop the Holy See men!