Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #77
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Bite me.
No, thank you. I don't want to get rabies.

Quote:
Egor wrote
Feeling threatened, are we?
No, I am not threatened by foul-tempered cretins who have nothing intelligent to say.

Quote:
Egor wrote
We'll see about that.
We already have.

Quote:
Egor wrote
I've been doing this since 1994 (anyone remember newsgroups and alt.atheism, alt.christianity?). I know you think you know who I am, what I am, and what I'm doing, but you don't.
I don't know who you are or what you think you're doing, nor do I care except that you are doing it so badly. We've seen your pathetic act too many times here already. A new tactic by you braindead religious zealots would be refreshing, actually.

Quote:
Egor wrote
I'm not a Christian...I don't think.
You got that last part right.

Quote:
Egor wrote
Always happy to entertain you.
But you're not entertaining. You are the dregs.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #78
Broga
Obsessed Member

The only response coming from Egor now is petulant whining. This sad, immature, fantasist has nothing to offer. Except, of course, as a ripe example of the character of christians when their bogus beliefs are challenged. He is typical of his kind and their grandiose claims coupled with lack of scruple and depth of ignorance is more the province of psychiatry than anything we can provide here.

Last edited by Broga; 11-21-2011 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Missed bit out
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #79
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
They don't know you the way I know you. Agnosticism is one thing. Almost everyone from 20-40 years old is an agnostic at one time. Atheism is a choice; it's a chosen lifestyle. It has nothing to do with evidence of God, it has nothing to do with reason or science. It is a stance, and it takes a certain kind of person to make that stance.

An agnostic doesn't know but remains open to discussion. An atheist doesn't want to know, doesn't give a shit, and will do anything to bring down the Church, spirituality, and the last shred of existential hope.
I will happily relinquish atheism if you can provide evidence of the existence of god.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #80
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Existential hope for what?

Just face up to it EGOr you're not getting an afterlife!

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #81
Egor

Okay, Broga, I'm going to start the debate.

If Smelly takes it down or moves it, then I'll start it in another forum.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #82
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Gosh - I'm so excited.
Can we close down the 3 retarded threads you've already started and lost interest in?
..... I think not - they do provide great amusement.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #83
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

The only thing to debate is whay you love sooooo much negative attention.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:42 PM   #84
Egor

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Gosh - I'm so excited.
Can we close down the 3 retarded threads you've already started and lost interest in?
Absolutely.

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:18 AM   #85
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

I like your blog.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:43 AM   #86
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Okay, Broga, I'm going to start the debate.

If Smelly takes it down or moves it, then I'll start it in another forum.
OK. let's go. However, if you are offering me arguments anywhere else than here I won't be reading them. I only post on three sites: here, The Freethinker and the New Humanist. I actually have a full and active life other than this which I enjoy and which would not allow the time to follow you around. I also publish in print but that is a whole different ball game which requires research and endless redrafts. You may discover the effort involved if you ever get round to writing your book. Ernest Hemingway said he rewrote the opening chapter of "A Farewell to Arms" forty times. As you are not Hemingway you may have to exceed that so you are going to be busy.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #87
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
West491 wrote View Post
I have a lot of Christian associates who don't think that atheists are immoral but that we have simply 'wondered off the beaten path'.
Me too. And they will even admit that Christinsanity does not in fact guarantee superior morality. (But they still think that I'm going to hell )

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #88
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
lostsheep wrote View Post
Me too. And they will even admit that Christinsanity does not in fact guarantee superior morality. (But they still think that I'm going to hell )
The comment I get, particularly if I do something short of slaughtering innocent children, is that I am really a christian and will eventually realise that. A phrase that really irritates me is when they ask anyone within hearing to "share our witness." I have thought attending one of their "bible study groups" might be fun but I don't think I could cope with their environonment of self regarding faux sanctity.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #89
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Noodle wrote View Post
... I don't know about the rest of you, but I keep that shit under wraps until I get the feeling someone would be open to it.
nah I'm lucky enough to live in England where i can rant about religion as much as I like - everyone who knows me knows I am an atheist- and a few who don't know me soon found out like the git who tried to sell me a copy of The War Cry the other day

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #90
psychodiva
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
So, you want me to be impressed with your good works? Why? If atheism is true, who gives a shit about your good works. You're not doing any good works; you're just doing what genetics and circumstance have stimulated you to do.

It's because of my God that you turn to me now for recognition of your good works, because where else can you turn? To your fellow fleshy dirt clods with illusory accidental consciousness? No. So here it is:

If you've been generally nice. If you've cared for the mentally ill. If you are capable of empathy for your fellow man, then you are blessed, and my God will care for you to--whether you believe in Him or not.

arrogant idiot is as arrogant idiot does- wonder how your father is? is he better? is it still hard trying to please him all this time? or maybe it was your mother- she never really did care for the way you did that did she- she would always turn away right at the very last moment- difficult dinners perhaps? all that silence covered up by fake prayers- dear me- what a sad little boy you are. Such anger inside as well - poor thing- having to justify yourself through this ridiculous belief that you know in your real mind is false and a pretense because of all those times you have prayed and prayed to this entity of yours but still it doesn't answer and you wonder why you aren't good enough- and so we return to your father

sigh- so sad

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote