Old 10-23-2006, 12:27 PM   #1
BuckAv

Is there someone to contact about having technically issues with the forum? Specifically, when I read threads they are not being marked as "read" and therefore continue to show up on the list of "unread posts".

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

As long as you are logged in, they will continue to be listed as "unread" until you click "Mark all topics as read" or until you end your session and log in again.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:43 PM   #3
BuckAv

There is no way around this? All of the other message boards I have been apart of have at least an icon that changes as I read the threads.

This is going to make keeping track of everything here a lot more annoying. Oh well... I guess I can't always get what I want.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:49 PM   #4
Facehammer

There is a way round it, though it would involve switching the forum to phpBB. And when I say "would involve," what I really mean is "is."
Old 10-23-2006, 01:53 PM   #5
snap crafter

Ya know, I've never really had a problem with it; never even really noticed.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:55 PM   #6
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

I don't see why it's a big deal to simply click "Mark all topics as read"

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:41 PM   #7
skribb

*Cue Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want*
Old 10-23-2006, 02:49 PM   #8
BuckAv

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
I don't see why it's a big deal to simply click "Mark all topics as read"
The reason I like having it check them off as I read them is because I don't just go through the list in order, but as I am interested in the thread, and I only have bits and pieces of time here. So, I don't have time to read every new thread everytime I sit down at the computer.

So, I like to be able to know which I have read, which I have not and which have new posts since the last time I looked.

Like I said, it is not the end of the world, I think that there will just have to be some posts that slip past me. I will survive.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:16 PM   #9
Chris
Please vote!

Buck, There is a visit timeout on the forum. Originally it was set to 10 minutes. Which means, you'd have to be on a thread (not the board) for 10 minutes before it was marked as read. Obviously that's too long. I've changed it to 3 minutes. Which should help but as Facehammer pointed out, this forum software has some limits. When I started the forum I never imagined it would become this popular.

"Where they burn books, they will in the end also burn people." ~ Heinrich Heine
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:19 PM   #10
Livingstrong

And it'll get even MORE popular.

I don't know....there's something darn addictive about this forum....hummmm.....
Old 10-23-2006, 03:19 PM   #11
BuckAv

Quote:
Chris wrote
Buck, There is a visit timeout on the forum. Originally it was set to 10 minutes. Which means, you'd have to be on a thread (not the board) for 10 minutes before it was marked as read. Obviously that's too long. I've changed it to 3 minutes. Which should help but as Facehammer pointed out, this forum software has some limits. When I started the forum I never imagined it would become this popular.
Thanks.

Again, esspecially as a new poster here, I just want to point out that I wasn't trying to complain. I just wanted to know if there was something I wasn't aware of.

It looks like there is a lot of interesting stuff going on here, I just don't want to miss any of it.