Choobus
I Live Here

don't bother crying IANUS,
your cover has been blown, as though by a stank tornado
don't trouble to bitch, IANUS
ignore that ITCH you ANUS
you're finished:

FUCK OFF NOW

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:32 AM   #287
Janus VI

Quote:
Coatsy
So why would an acknowledged Christian represent himself as a minor deity from an amorphous polytheistic belief system, which actively persecuted Christians for three centuries, and was eventually superseded by the same?
Janus means "to see both future and past", and is linked to my real name.

But I may change it because you guys hurt my feelings.

"Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock" Sigmund Freud

I just want for you to understand the truth, then the truth will set you free.

Once you understand the evolution goal is: To control the universe, you can feel the universe in your hand.
Janus VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:36 AM   #288
VladTheImpaler
Obsessed Member

A natural process does not have goals you arrogant little shitbag.

You don't want us to understand the truth simply because you do not know the truth. You just want to cram your perception of the truth into our heads and have us agree. Here's a shocker, your idea of truth is utter bullshit!

You have no fucking clue as to how evolution works and you're not even going to make an effort to understand it by studying because you're convinced you already know how it works.

Can you say "I am an arrogant mother fucker"?

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then is he malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~Epicurus
VladTheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:12 AM   #289
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Janus VI wrote View Post
Let me explain

First unicellular being uses his knowledge about his surroundings to survive, evolution create on him better tools to know better about his surroundings to survive.

A bird uses a rock to open nuts and eat, this is a example of wisdom. Evolution create wisdom to help beings survive.[Stunningly wrong]

Humans understand the universe and the dangers on[sic] it. Humans know that they have to control the universe to survive.[They know no such thing.] Humans are the part of the evolution that want everything concerning with the universe.[Evolution wants nothing.]

Are not humans and wisdom part of the evolution?

Do I make myself clear?
Yes, you make it clear that you have no useful understanding of evolution.

The first unicellular creature did not survive because it had knowledge of anything, it reacted in a hard-wired stimulus-response reflex. It certainly was not contemplating the necessity to conquer the cosmos.

Birds which crack crabs open by dropping them onto hard surfaces have no idea why they drop the crab, only that it seems right at the time. Birds who get to eat crabs without knowing why will survive better than birds who do not crack crabs. That is all there is to it, no futuristic cosmic motivation.

Evolution has no goal so it does not apply to any human desire to control as much as possible. I do not think that you have evidence to support your general claim that humans feel a fear of distant universal dangers or that they need to control the universe. Humans who understand the universe better than most other humans, do not think that humans or descendants of humans will "control" the universe. When the universe dies, all that is within it will die and disappear as well, through no fault of the universe.

The process of evolution has made humans capable of a small and tentative form of wisdom. It has happened along with the general growth in human intelligence because it conferred a survival advantage, not because evolution foresaw an eventual need for people to control the universe or, indeed to control anything bigger than a tribe of peers.

So, learn something more about evolution than what you see in newspaper headlines.

The universe is totally indifferent toward us, it is not menacing or malevolent. And it certainly was not made for the purpose of supporting intelligent life.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:32 AM   #290
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Janus VI wrote View Post
Janus means "to see both future and past", and is linked to my real name.
Janus also means to be "two-faced", that is, willing to tell a different lie to each person he meets.
Quote:
But I may change it because you guys hurt my feelings.

"Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock" Sigmund Freud

I just want for you to understand the truth, then the truth will set you free.
"You can't handle the truth" and you would not know it if it took up residence in your shorts.
Quote:
Once you understand the evolution[sic] goal is: To control the universe, you can feel the universe in your hand.
If you understand that evolution has no goal, much less human control of the universe, you will understand how silly it would be to want to feel the universe in your hand or on your head or in your hot-tub.

Evolution is like erosion. Both are undirected processes and neither has an intention with which to form a goal.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:35 AM   #291
Janus VI

"I don't intend to achieve immortality through my work. I intend to achieve it through not dying." -Woody Allen
Old 09-04-2010, 08:19 AM   #292
Coatsy

Quote:
Janus VI wrote View Post
Humans exist as a distinct species because of evolution, and so does 'wisdom', by which I assume you mean sentience and intelligence, both innate and learned. It's unclear though, what you mean by 'part of'. If you're implying that they are somehow agents of a 'plan', you're wrong. As Stern said above, evolution is an undirected process, like erosion or the water cycle.

You've repeated this question, so you obviously think it suggests a cogent point. It's not clear at all, though, what this is.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams
Coatsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:58 PM   #293
Janus VI

Humans and wisdom, Where they come from?
Old 09-04-2010, 07:54 PM   #294
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Janus VI wrote View Post
Humans and wisdom, Where they come from?
He told you already. They are both byproducts of an empirical process that we call evolution.

Why did humans evolve into humans instead of something else? Who the hell knows? Whatever qualities and attributes the species now posseses were acquired through a lengthy process that has, so far, allowed it to thrive. And so we do, for now. You speculate on why, but we have no evidence that this evolutionary process that got us here was the result of any conscious goal.

What we call wisdom is just another evolutionary byproduct, which is our species' particular brand of sentience. That is, we are able to acquire information and process it in a way that other species of animals cannot. At least, they can't at the level we can. We have the ability to think conceptually which aids us in our abilities to figure out how the natural world works and manipulate that knowledge to our benefit, which further enables us to thrive in this tenuously hospitable universe.

That's just off the top of my head.

Now, if you want to convince us that something called a god set it all in motion, you're going to have to come up with the evidence for that assertion. That's all that's required of you, if you're here to teach. Give us the evidence. If you ain't got that, you ain't got nothin' but a bunch of idle speculation. And we don't need your help to speculate. Any fool can do that.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:49 AM   #295
Janus VI

Quote:
Irreligious
He told you already. They are both byproducts of an empirical process that we call evolution.

Why did humans evolve into humans instead of something else? Who the hell knows? Whatever qualities and attributes the species now posseses were acquired through a lengthy process that has, so far, allowed it to thrive. And so we do, for now. You speculate on why, but we have no evidence that this evolutionary process that got us here was the result of any conscious goal.

What we call wisdom is just another evolutionary byproduct, which is our species' particular brand of sentience. That is, we are able to acquire information and process it in a way that other species of animals cannot. At least, they can't at the level we can. We have the ability to think conceptually which aids us in our abilities to figure out how the natural world works and manipulate that knowledge to our benefit, which further enables us to thrive in this tenuously hospitable universe.

That's just off the top of my head.

Now, if you want to convince us that something called a god set it all in motion, you're going to have to come up with the evidence for that assertion. That's all that's required of you, if you're here to teach. Give us the evidence. If you ain't got that, you ain't got nothin' but a bunch of idle speculation. And we don't need your help to speculate. Any fool can do that
You have 2 choices

1) "The humans? The planet does not need humans." James J. Lee in Discovery Channel standoff.

2) The humans are the evolution toward Type IV being, and understand that now you are the body of Type IV being, and each one of you is a part of it.

Evidence: to understand the evolution's goal.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:54 AM   #296
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Janus VI wrote View Post
You have 2 choices

1) "The humans? The planet does not need humans." James J. Lee in Discovery Channel standoff.

2) The humans are the evolution toward Type IV being, and understand that now you are the body of Type IV being, and each one of you is a part of it.

The planet existed for billions of years without humans and most especially without you, Mr. Aspiring Type IV Organism. And guess what? The planet will likely exist for a few billion more years without you. You are as vital to the planet as a pimple on the ass of a supermodel.

And your inability to understand that evolution has no conscious goal is not evidence of the existence of a god. It's just evidence that you're not very smart. Sorry, but you're being awfully thick-headed.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:41 AM   #297
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Janus VI wrote View Post
You have 2 choices

Those are not the only choices, but, #1 is by far superior to #2 because the planet hosted abundant and varied life for billions of years before apes arrived and therefore the world got along just fine without humans despoiling it for greed.

Nature encompasses a class of events (terrestrial and locally extra-terrestrial) which change it in unintentional, unguided ways.

Humans, by their history of development, completely at the mercy of their environment for pressures to change, are clearly not and have not been evolving toward any particular state.

We were very nearly extinct at one time early in our migration out of Africa and we survived by sheer luck. That proves that there is no grand goal for our development.

You just have to get this evolutionary goal notion our of your head or you will go crazy trying to guess what that goal might be. Specifically, evolution's goal for us is not to become a type IV civilization because evolution has no goals of any kind.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:35 AM   #298
Eva
Super Moderator

is this fucktard a $cientologist?

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:22 AM   #299
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Perhaps your question should be "is this a fucktard?"
The answer is 'yes'

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:20 PM   #300
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
...You just have to get this evolutionary goal notion out of your head or you will go crazy...
Me thinks this sage advice arrives on the eve of way too late.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote