Old 09-10-2017, 08:32 AM   #16
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
There has to be bad so we can appreciate the good.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:36 PM   #17
The5thLine
New Member!

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
I wonder if he has a "Plan B" in case things go awry?
The Flood....
The5thLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:42 AM   #18
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
carusmm wrote View Post
If God has a plan, I don't know about it.
Is it in the form of a Gantt Chart?

Just askin'.

Do I sound like a fuckin' people person?
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 01:25 AM   #19
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
carusmm wrote View Post
If God has a plan, I don't know about it.
Perhaps the fat, ugly, papist bitch mary with the upper lip and chin that needs a shave or the weirdo android IQ 6 would know whether lard ass's plan is in the form of a Gantt chart.

Old 09-24-2018, 06:13 AM   #20
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Old 09-25-2018, 12:32 AM   #21
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Sex

In atheist circles there is seldom, if any, mention of the real purpose of religion, and the psychology behind it. Simply put, religion is the implanting of guilt for having sexual desire.
For children and the elderly to whom this would not apply, there are additional guilt trips, such as "original sin" and the spectre of burning in Hell forever.
Look up the Catholic doctrine on masturbation -

New Catholic Encyclopedia

Quote:
MASTURBATION

Morality. It has been the constant and clear teaching of the Church from principles found in Holy Scripture that masturbation is a serious sin that will keep one from heaven (e.g., 1 Cor. 6:10).

Quote:
Masturbation

Jewish law clearly prohibits male masturbation. This law is derived from the story of Onan (Gen. 38:8-10), who practiced coitus interruptus as a means of birth control to avoid fathering a child for his deceased brother. G-d killed Onan for this sin. Although Onan's act was not truly masturbation, Jewish law takes a very broad view of the acts prohibited by this passage, and forbids any act of ha-sh'cha'tat zerah (destruction of the seed), that is, ejaculation outside of the vagina. In fact, the prohibition is so strict that one passage in the Talmud states, "in the case of a man, the hand that reaches below the navel should be chopped off." (Niddah 13a)

Like the Nazis, the religious realize that the internal conflict arising from having guilt and desire needs an outlet, a way to vent, and hatred of homosexuals provides a convenient scapegoat, which also helsp to amplfy the sexual guilt. Denunciations of homosexuality thunder down from the pulpits regularly, with a hypocrite like Jimmy Swaggart goose stepping across the stage while railing on about homosexuality - this from patron of prostitutes.
In Canada, we have hate speech laws, but the religious have been given an exemption in that they can promote hatred of homosexuals based on "deeply held religious beliefs". Surprise, surprise - Republicans in the USA are passing legislation exempting the religious from discrimination laws based on "deeply held religious beliefs", knowing full well this contradicts the Constitution, but Conservatives have become so brazen as to consider themselves above the law.

A man with a guilty conscience is more docile, and more easily controlled by the oligarchy, lessening the need for policing of the masses.

Islam takes this to new heights -

Quote:
district in Indonesia’s deeply Islamic Aceh province has banned men and women from dining together unless they are married or related, according to an official who said it would help women be "more well behaved".

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...r-islamic-aceh

Old 09-25-2018, 01:53 AM   #22
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sinfidel wrote View Post
Sex

In atheist circles there is seldom, if any, mention of the real purpose of religion, and the psychology behind it. Simply put, religion is the implanting of guilt for having sexual desire.
For children and the elderly to whom this would not apply, there are additional guilt trips, such as "original sin" and the spectre of burning in Hell forever.
Look up the Catholic doctrine on masturbation -

New Catholic Encyclopedia

Like the Nazis, the religious realize that the internal conflict arising from having guilt and desire needs an outlet, a way to vent, and hatred of homosexuals provides a convenient scapegoat, which also helsp to amplfy the sexual guilt. Denunciations of homosexuality thunder down from the pulpits regularly, with a hypocrite like Jimmy Swaggart goose stepping across the stage while railing on about homosexuality - this from patron of prostitutes.
In Canada, we have hate speech laws, but the religious have been given an exemption in that they can promote hatred of homosexuals based on "deeply held religious beliefs". Surprise, surprise - Republicans in the USA are passing legislation exempting the religious from discrimination laws based on "deeply held religious beliefs", knowing full well this contradicts the Constitution, but Conservatives have become so brazen as to consider themselves above the law.

A man with a guilty conscience is more docile, and more easily controlled by the oligarchy, lessening the need for policing of the masses.

Islam takes this to new heights -
The real purpose of religion is to allow power to be exercised, by the few, over the many, and to amass wealth so that the few can live in the lap of luxury at the expense of the poverty of the many.

It is estimated that christards, in the 2,000 years that the evil fuckers have existed, murdered between 100 and 200 million people. That figure does not include the additional millions that were raped, pillaged, tortured and enslaved. Even Hitler 'only' managed to murder 10 million people.

The richest entity on the planet is the cat licker church.

Religion, with its pomp, ceremony and so-called holy books (full of horseshit) is just a means of legitimising the tools that are used to exert control over the masses.

What I constantly fail to understand is why Mankind ever fell for the horseshit associated with religion in the first place.

OK, we are all scared of dying and many don't have the where-with-all to contemplate how a universe might be created without the need for some supernatural power, but does that necessitate a belief in the patently false?

Old 09-25-2018, 06:09 AM   #23
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Masturbation prohibition does seem a bit of a paradox, as most of the christians, jews & muslims who visit this forum are obviously complete wankers.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:12 AM   #24
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Masturbation prohibition does seem a bit of a paradox, as most of the christians, jews & muslims who visit this forum are obviously complete wankers.
They haven't been circumcised either because, to be a religtard, one needs to be a complete prick.

Old 09-26-2018, 11:13 AM   #25
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
As someone who enjoys a good wank from time to time I sometimes think that because I have no religious indoctrination in my past I can enjoy the act guilt free. My question is, is it more fun with a bit of gratuitous superstitious guilt thrown into the mix?

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:07 PM   #26
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

This certainly would test both philosophical & scientific scholars - and I would gladly partake in a double-blind wanking experiment to explore the placebo effect ....

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:19 PM   #27
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

My tip is to start practicing right away, you'll never know when you will be called into action for science sake.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:07 AM   #28
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

For proper scientific research, it would be best to wank in church. Another test would be to remove any obscuring fig leaves from religious art and see if that results in clerical wanking.

Old 09-27-2018, 02:08 AM   #29
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:

Old 09-30-2018, 11:26 AM   #30
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
The initial quake struck as evening prayers were about to begin in the world’s biggest Muslim-majority country on the holiest day of the week, when mosques are especially busy.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...thousands-dead

God wasn't in the mood for prayers?