Old 03-20-2009, 08:02 AM   #1
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Embarrassed By God?

This is about the current infestation by a number of theists who seem to be too ashamed of their puny god to defend it, a phenomenon also noticed in real life with church attendees simply claiming there is more than we can know.

It's like someone who likes football, but will never wear the colours, or speak in defence of their team, because they are shite & bottom of the league.

Has the cult of the Frantard finally taken off & retards are flocking to avail themselves of its ineffable advantages?

What I want to know is, is this an encouraging development in how it affects the rest of us, or just another insidious biding of time for the sake of the long game?

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:08 AM   #2
MrProLiant

I don't think it's that they are embarrassed by god. I think it's more along the lines that they are spoon fed the god shit and then not taught how to think critically. We therefore have all these people who believe in god fervently but have no idea why and no way to rationally defend their belief. As soon as they get attacked in any way about their belief they have no choice but to immediately back down. So instead of getting into these arguments that they know they can't win (because they don't know how to), they just don't bring it up at all.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Quote:
MrProLiant wrote View Post
I don't think it's that they are embarrassed by god. I think it's more along the lines that they are spoon fed the god shit and then not taught how to think critically. We therefore have all these people who believe in god fervently but have no idea why and no way to rationally defend their belief. As soon as they get attacked in any way about their belief they have no choice but to immediately back down. So instead of getting into these arguments that they know they can't win (because they don't know how to), they just don't bring it up at all.
My own thoughts are that that critical thought is contemporary. So teh stupid is compartmentalised to facilitate function outside the internal asylum.
What I want to know is, is it a benign legacy, or a dormant monster that would philosophise the merits of the stake given hysterical times.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote