Old 04-15-2007, 01:13 PM   #781
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

It's the Phil Collins comparison I'm dreading !!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:27 PM   #782
Irreligious
I Live Here

Oh, you poor folks who missed the 70s. Androgyny was very much the look for slender boys and girls who shunned facial hair back then. You looked smashing in 1972, Wakkun, like half the boys in my high school!:thumbsup:

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:33 PM   #783
Wakkun

Quote:
Irreligious wrote
Oh, you poor folks who missed the 70s. Androgyny was very much the look for slender boys and girls who shunned facial hair back then. You looked smashing in 1972, Wakkun, like half the boys in my high school!:thumbsup:
Thanks Irreligious ;) Well I was about 16 then so facial hair wasn't much of an option, and in any case, 'taches are for clones and beards are for bears.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #784
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Wakkun wrote
I don't seem to have any recent pics on this computer, so I'll post one of those later. Meanwhile...

http://xs114.xs.to/xs114/07150/1972.jpg

Circa 1972. If we'd had iPods then I would've been listening to "Close To The Edge" by Yes! Speaking of prog, weirdly, the photo taken by Steve Hoggarth of Marillion fame.
Hmmm...let's compare hairdoos. This was taken also in 72 in Arizona....AHHH.....youth, why is it wasted on the young?

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:16 PM   #785
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Wakkun wrote
...and in any case, 'taches are for clones and beards are for bears.
:lol::lol::lol:
Yeah, I guess that was the rule back in the day.

And Cal, youth is definitely not wasted on the young. Can you imagine all the arrogant, rich, and wise-with-life-experience old pricks running around if they cornered the market on youth and beauty, too?:lol:

Sagging and wrinkling is life's humbling elixir for those of us already gifted with experience. I do believe it makes us older guys (and gals) more loveable people (than we might otherwise be), in the end.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 04-15-2007, 05:29 PM   #786
Wakkun

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
Hmmm...let's compare hairdoos. This was taken also in 72 in Arizona....AHHH.....youth, why is it wasted on the young?
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...piso/Cal72.jpg
Ah yes, yours is much more suave than mine ;) You've more of the look of a pop star than a prog-rocker :cool:
Old 04-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #787
Irreligious
I Live Here

Back then, I sported a TWA: Teeny weeny afro.:D

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 04-15-2007, 06:37 PM   #788
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Wakkun wrote
Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...piso/Cal72.jpg
Ah yes, yours is much more suave than mine ;) You've more of the look of a pop star than a prog-rocker :cool:
Thanks, but look what father Chronos has done to this young pop star look alike...:lol:...here is my latest youTube video where I demolish Christian fairy tales......:lol:

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:47 PM   #789
HeathenLifer

New member to the Heathen family. My new nephew, born last night.

If your calculator adds your inputs 2 and 3 and gets 5, but the real problem you were trying to solve was 2 plus 2, the machine gives the wrong answer for your problem. The machine isn\'t broken and yet it got the wrong answer. It was gullible and believed your lie and behaved accordingly. - Sternwallow
HeathenLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:50 PM   #790
Rat Bastard

Quote:
Irreligious wrote
Back then, I sported a TWA: Teeny weeny afro.:D
Heh, I had friends back then who had afros about 18 inches across....they were a real bitch to keep in shape, I would think.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:55 PM   #791
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
HeathenLifer wrote
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...Picture002.jpg

New member to the Heathen family. My new nephew, born last night.
Congrats!!....Welcome the baby to Earth from me. I wish abundant health and happiness ( which is a long mentally healthy, aka atheist, life ) :)

Old 04-15-2007, 06:59 PM   #792
HeathenLifer

Here's Hopin'!! Thanks, Cal!

If your calculator adds your inputs 2 and 3 and gets 5, but the real problem you were trying to solve was 2 plus 2, the machine gives the wrong answer for your problem. The machine isn\'t broken and yet it got the wrong answer. It was gullible and believed your lie and behaved accordingly. - Sternwallow
HeathenLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:26 PM   #793
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
AHHH.....youth, why is it wasted on the young?
"Wasted"? Hell, youth is lavished on the young, they are inundated by it and its very plentitude clouds their appreciation of it.
:whiteflag:

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #794
Eva
Super Moderator

a bay-bee! big kiss from auntie eva....

wakkun, want to have my babies?

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:29 PM   #795
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote
Quote:
calpurnpiso wrote
AHHH.....youth, why is it wasted on the young?
"Wasted"? Hell, youth is lavished on the young, they are inundated by it and its very plentitude clouds their appreciation of it.
:whiteflag:
Well, they sure do not appreciate it like we old farts do....Ahhhh such nostalgia for a tireless ambulatory penis christ :)