Old 05-17-2011, 12:20 PM   #8251
fiatlux

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
What about combining them into Darth Kirk?

Oh, fuck. I overwound the toybot.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #8252
PetitAvril

I guess my little post can go here...It doesn't quite fit anywhere else.

Today, I mentioned in my facebook status that I was thinking of getting another tattoo...And one of my friends commented on it telling me that I should think twice before getting a tattoo because it will exclude me from any future organ transplants (god forbid).

First of all, she's wrong. Secondly, she's wrong. And finally, she's wrong.
1. It's a moot point because I already have two tattoos. Apparently she can't read the word "another".
2. How would having a tattoo ever exclude me from receiving an organ transplant? I wasn't too sure where she got this idea from...Until...
3. The website she referred me to on the "risks" of tattoos was this: http://www.av1611.org/tattoos/health.html

It's a whole lot of religious mumbo jumbo cleverly (or not so cleverly, in my opinion) disguised as FACT. I didn't delve too deeply into the citations, but even at first glance they look pretty sketchy...I mean, Pamela Anderson? C'mon. Maybe the bible-thumpers figure that using her as their new cover girl will attract more followers?

The scariest part? The "friend" who posted this comment is a teacher. Uh, way to reference yourself there...

I came from the stars.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:29 PM   #8253
MaleficVTwin

Quote:
PetitAvril wrote View Post

Today, I mentioned in my facebook status that I was thinking of getting another tattoo...And one of my friends commented on it telling me that I should think twice before getting a tattoo because it will exclude me from any future organ transplants (god forbid).

1. It's a moot point because I already have two tattoos. Apparently she can't read the word "another".
2. How would having a tattoo ever exclude me from receiving an organ transplant? I wasn't too sure where she got this idea from...Until...
3. The website she referred me to on the "risks" of tattoos was this: http://www.av1611.org/tattoos/health.html

It's a whole lot of religious mumbo jumbo cleverly (or not so cleverly, in my opinion) disguised as FACT. I didn't delve too deeply into the citations, but even at first glance they look pretty sketchy...I mean, Pamela Anderson? C'mon. Maybe the bible-thumpers figure that using her as their new cover girl will attract more followers?

The scariest part? The "friend" who posted this comment is a teacher. Uh, way to reference yourself there...
My brother is a tattoo artist. Licensed, certified, etc. If he saw that website he'd blow a gasket. What a pack of lies.

The Cow Says:

You are a vile piece of work. And you can't write worth a damn.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:32 PM   #8254
fiatlux

I was told as a kid growing up all-religious-like that tattoos were forbidden because our bodies are a "temple of the lord" and that to get a tat was a defilement of that temple.

But I think a lot of it can just be chalked up christian types wanting to have as little fun as possible in life.

Oh, fuck. I overwound the toybot.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #8255
Davin
Obsessed Member

The Christian god is like an HOA (Home Owners Association), he doesn't want you decorating the temple except by approved methods (like snipping off a piece of the temples penis).

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #8256
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
PetitAvril wrote View Post

In order to make an informed decision about this situation, I really think we are going to have to see more of these organs of yours. Just to be sure, you know?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 05-18-2011, 04:14 AM   #8257
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
fiatlux wrote View Post
I was told as a kid growing up all-religious-like that tattoos were forbidden because our bodies are a "temple of the lord" and that to get a tat was a defilement of that temple.

But I think a lot of it can just be chalked up christian types wanting to have as little fun as possible in life.
Every one of those "body is a temple" people I have met, when asked if the body that goes to Heaven is as aged, sick, broken and decrepit as it is at death, assure us that it will be a completely regenerated perfect body, completely different from the original. That is, the Earthly body is no sacred temple at all.

People who argue against tattoos will eagerly praise the beauty of the Sistine chapel paint daubing.

Christian types want everyone else to have as little pleasure as possible so they can continue to imagine Heaven as desirable. The better things are here, the less attractive Heaven is.

They know their lives are crap so they have to think it is sacred holy crap.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Old 05-18-2011, 06:02 AM   #8258
PetitAvril

Yeah, pretty much...

I feel like my tattoos are (at the least) a statement AGAINST body "perfection".

My main problem with this whole situation was the misinformation...If I'm going to believe something, the first thing I do is look at the source. Pretty scary that other people don't do the same thing.
Can't believe she tried to feed me some crap about god not wanting me to have a tattoo...

I don't have enough experience with the crazies. These things always shock me a little.

I came from the stars.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:55 AM   #8259
West491
Obsessed Member

Started to get a tattoo until I pictured my having "Bad to the Bone" inked across my arse when I'm 80 years old.

Still may get one some day.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:33 AM   #8260
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Imagine how this dork will look in 30 years time!

This dood.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 05-18-2011, 08:35 AM   #8261
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:39 AM   #8262
PetitAvril

Argh, that's a little excessive.

I came from the stars.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:36 PM   #8263
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
He must be a very good person; imagine appearing in court as a defendant like that.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Old 05-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #8264
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Another Christian mom kills her son so that he can go to heaven:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/julianne-mc...ry?id=13639890

Almost heaven, rural Maine...country roads, take me home...

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 05-20-2011, 11:22 AM   #8265
merkin

Another survey belaboring the obvious.

Atheists have better sex!
Of course they do.

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." -- Bertrand Russell
Closed Thread