Old 10-18-2007, 03:44 PM   #16
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
Reverend Blasphemy wrote View Post
There are two main things I don't like about this article:

1. I don't like the notion that a hodge-podge of disorders are shoved into a "catch-all" called schizophrenia. It's not as if doctors are diagnosing every mentally ill patient as schizophrenic. Schizophrenia is a psychiatric diagnosis. There are 5-7 discrete types (depending on which handbook you use). The actual diagnosis of a patient takes months, or even years. When a patient's medical history is understood and other mental illnesses have been ruled out, a definitive diagnosis can be made to identify the type, severity, and treatment options.

Currently many medical professionals are using the Schizophrenia Cognition Rating Scale (SCoRS), which involves interviews with patients and their friends and family. Very specific behaviors, positive and
Off topic, but near and dear to my heart:

Schizophrenia destroys lives. While sufferers are not typically violent, they are prone to hurting themselves. Medication is extremely effective in treating the disease, but schizophrenics are notoriously non-compliant with daily regimens. However, today not only do we have a variety of treatments but we also have a variety of delivery systems. Schizophrenia can be treated with a monthly injection which takes the daily responsibility off the patient. These pharmaceutical products are relatively new to the market, but we have seen an amazing result from the administration: patients are not only going into a remission of positive symptoms, but they are actually achieving RECOVERY (at least 2 years without a positive symptom). This is amazing.
See what's happening in neurology? There are so many schizophrenia-like delusions inducing illness that neurologist begun hating the word..

they ought to change the name to : DIRBA
( Delusion Inducing Religious Belief Anomaly) then adding a # to the classification a 1 for idiopathic and 2 for known. another number from 1 to 10 indicating its severity. A letter showing location shown on an MRI, After that numbers and letters classifying the type of belief would follow: Christian Catholic and its many divisions, Christian Greek orthodox and its many division), islamic Wahhabbi and its many divisions etc A genetic number indicating the propensity would also be added.

Neurologist would be amazed at the number of divisions this idiopathic delusion inducing anomaly has!. Andrea Yates name at the mental health clinic would be: DIRBA-1-9-CB2-MR4.

It is time we classify this poor retarded deluded folks for what they are. They need our help just like the Autistic, those with dementia alzheimers, Borna virus epilepsy, etc.

Religious-psychotics have been neglected for so long that they have built centers of Deluded Infections -- a refuge from down to earth reality they find in everyday life -- called temples Churches, mosques and synagogues. It is going to be extremely difficult today to extricate them from these centers of neurological pollution and molestation. It'll be like removing a pacifier from a baby. They'd be so obstreperous the country could experience a new civil war! I think this is the reason neurologist have decided to look the other way ignoring the facts.

This hidden, underground and invisible form of schizophrenia-like disease I call Religious-psychosis is destroying many more lives than its official counterpart, schizophrenia.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:27 PM   #17
Gnosital
still unsmited

Quote:
Gnosy! I'm fantastic. How the hell have you been?

I haven't been able to write much or call ya. I'm doing a lot of traveling for work right now.

Well when you get back to town we must get together. I've made some significant changes round the old homestead and I think you'll approve.

We must go out again for wine and dodgy vindaloo.
Gnosital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:45 AM   #18
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Gnosital wrote View Post
Only an insane mooncalf would deliberately eat a dodgy vindaloo. Don't do it Gnosy. OR, if you must you should know that only Lager may be consumed with a vindaloo. And it should be Indian lager if possible. I reccomend Kingfiisher, although Taj Mahal lager will also work well.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:52 AM   #19
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

But Boone's does a dodgy vindaloo justice any evening!

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:05 AM   #20
Choobus
I Live Here

people who drink boones know not what they do (because of the blackouts). Why not class it up a little and switch to thunderbird......

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Old 10-19-2007, 10:08 AM   #21
Kate

That's a bit pricey, man.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:15 AM   #22
Choobus
I Live Here

treat yourself.

~ Philiboid Studge
Old 10-19-2007, 10:33 AM   #23
Kate

Care for a spin?

Old 10-19-2007, 04:06 PM   #24
Gnosital
still unsmited

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
Only an insane mooncalf would deliberately eat a dodgy vindaloo. Don't do it Gnosy. OR, if you must you should know that only Lager may be consumed with a vindaloo. And it should be Indian lager if possible. I reccomend Kingfiisher, although Taj Mahal lager will also work well.

I can always count on you to recommend the perfect beverage to accompany any dish.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:08 PM   #25
Gnosital
still unsmited

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
Care for a spin?

Kate, I think you zinged Choobus there! Nice! (and not easy to do!!)
Old 10-19-2007, 08:48 PM   #26
Reverend Blasphemy

Quote:
Gnosital wrote View Post
Well when you get back to town we must get together. I've made some significant changes round the old homestead and I think you'll approve.

I'm in Boston most of next week, but I'm dying for some curry laden cuisine. There's also a great Thai place I found in Dayton. Fantastic noodles.

Significant changes, eh? Have you lost 200 lbs of unsightly fat (namely the hubby)?

Gay state here I come!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 08:34 PM   #27
Gnosital
still unsmited

Quote:
I'm in Boston most of next week, but I'm dying for some curry laden cuisine. There's also a great Thai place I found in Dayton. Fantastic noodles.

Significant changes, eh? Have you lost 200 lbs of unsightly fat (namely the hubby)?

Gay state here I come!!!

Yes, and do be sure to say hello to all the lesbians in abusive relationships, and tell them you know the Lillymoos. Apparently they are all her best pals.

Re: the 225 lbs, it's about as good as it can get with the monkeys involved! We'll have cawfee. We'll tawk. It'll be cawfee tawk.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:21 AM   #28
Victus
Obsessed Member

Quote:
MrsMoe wrote View Post
All criminals are mentally sick, or they would not commit crimes.
While rates of psychological disorders are higher amongst inmates than the general population, not all criminals are 'sick'. A large sum of them are relatively normal people who just got momentarily pissed off at someone and assaulted them or damaged their property.

On the topic overall, there's a big swing among psychologist to avoid using diagnostic labels too colloquially. For instance, one of the reviews on an article I recently submitted for publication made the comment that I should not refer to the population I was studying as "psychopaths", but rather "individuals with elevated levels of psychopathic traits and characteristics".

"When science was in its infancy, religion tried to strangle it in its cradle." - Robert G. Ingersoll
Victus is offline   Reply With Quote