Old 09-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
Chris
Please vote!

Exclamation Blogs Moving + Additional Notes

In the coming weeks I will be migrating all the blogs to the latest Wordpress. The addresses will be changed to ravingatheists.com/blog/YOURSITE. I will do my best to make sure all linked files stay intact, however, with all moves there will be bugs and glitches.

The reason I'm doing this is because the current install is dreadfully out of date. The current site uses wordpress MU which has been replaced. At it's present state it is not possible for me to upgrade the site, the plugins or the themes. I cannot install the new over the old, for obvious reasons.

The entire process will take me a while to complete and I will post updates here as I make headway. But in the end what you will have is a more usable space and a space that I can again offer to people. As always, it will remain free.

The forum will be accessible in the same place it has always been. I apologize that there have been so many issues with it lately. I've fought back and forth with the host to figure out what was causing the issues. As it turned out, the site was on a server with a corrupt install of mysql, which the host has fixed and there shouldn't be anymore issues (I hope).

The forum is also out of date but in its present state it is still very functional and stable. I believe it will remain so for a long time. Because vBulletin isn't free and the current releases they offer do not give me the options I'd like to have, I'll be content to hold on to it as is until there's a suitable upgrade.

If you have questions, comments or if you completely disagree and hate the whole idea, use the contact admin link to email me.

"Where they burn books, they will in the end also burn people." ~ Heinrich Heine
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
Chris
Please vote!

Everything has been moved and migrated over.

"Where they burn books, they will in the end also burn people." ~ Heinrich Heine
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:04 AM   #3
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Yay!

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:13 AM   #4
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

I wonder if Chris can be bribed with copious alcoholic favours to import The Chooblog?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote