Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #376
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
YHWH wrote View Post

The important thing to know in this case is that the 2 Chronicles passage is recording the request of Josiah to be transported to Jerusalem. So his servants made the journey with him. The information in 2 Kings probably came to pass right after he voiced his wishes. Also, just because the verse in 2 Chronicles says he died, right after it says that he was “brought… to Jerusalem” does NOT necessarily mean that he died after being brought to Jerusalem; it only signifies that, in the general period of time that he died, he was brought to his home-city. If 2 Chronicles 35:24 had said “and THEN he died”, there would be a contradiction. But it doesn’t say that. So, first Josiah was shot, then he made his request to be taken home; and while on the journey home, he died. When his body arrived in Jerusalem, they buried him in his sepulcher.

http://danofisrael.com/id182.html
Putrid cut and paste as though you have no thought of your own. So finally you agree that he did NOT die at Meggido or during the battle of Meggido as the BIble says. That's all you need to admit. You specifically and deliberately disagree with your own literal Bible.

Sick little tetragrammaton!

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Old 06-14-2008, 04:14 PM   #377
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
Putrid cut and paste as though you have no thought of your own. So finally you agree that he did NOT die at Meggido or during the battle of Meggido as the BIble says. That's all you need to admit. You specifically and deliberately disagree with your own literal Bible.

Sick little tetragrammaton!
No words of his own! No mind of his own! Poor poor tetragrammaton!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 06-14-2008, 05:02 PM   #378
YHWH

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
No words of his own! No mind of his own! Poor poor tetragrammaton!
And I'm sure you got all of your Bible contradictions/errors from reading the entire Bible yourself. You fraud.

Old 06-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #379
antix
Obsessed Member

Quote:
YHWH wrote View Post
And I'm sure you got all of your Bible contradictions/errors from reading the entire Bible yourself. You fraud.
Well, at least you're finally admitting there are in fact contradictions and errors to be found.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:16 PM   #380
YHWH

Quote:
antix wrote View Post
Well, at least you're finally admitting there are in fact contradictions and errors to be found.
Of course there are contradictions and errors when you don't understand what the Hell you're reading. lol

I have over twenty websites in my favorites that answer and explain Biblical contradictions and errors, but it's funny when you go to a website owned and operated by an atheist, they show the supposed errors, but they don't explain them or try to answer them. In the Christian community, we call that "Cherry picking."

Old 06-14-2008, 05:35 PM   #381
JU Mike
Obsessed Member

Quote:
YHWH wrote View Post
Of course there are contradictions and errors when you don't understand what the Hell you're reading. lol

I have over twenty websites in my favorites that answer and explain Biblical contradictions and errors, but it's funny when you go to a website owned and operated by an atheist, they show the supposed errors, but they don't explain them or try to answer them. In the Christian community, we call that "Cherry picking."
Likewise when it comes to subjects on evolution.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #382
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
YHWH wrote View Post
...I have over twenty websites in my favorites that answer and explain Biblical contradictions and errors, but it's funny when you go to a website owned and operated by an atheist, they show the supposed errors, but they don't explain them or try to answer them. In the Christian community, we call that "Cherry picking."
And if you confronted obvious errors and contradictions anywhere else outside of your vaunted Bible, you'd also call them what they were: Errors and contradictions. Instead, you try to explain away the errors and contradictions in the Bible by pretending to have some special understanding of its passages that others don't. It's called apologetics (that's right, Lily) and it's bullshit.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Old 06-14-2008, 06:38 PM   #383
antix
Obsessed Member

Quote:
YHWH wrote View Post

"explain Biblical contradictions and errors" Let's take a look at this, shall we?

Why would apparent contradictions and errors appear in an allegedly "perfect book from the perfect god"? Why do mere mortals have to explain away the obvious horseshit found within the pages of such texts that comprise the Bible? To make you feel better about the made up crap you are gullible enough to believe in, perhaps?

If the bible cannot be taken at face value and requires flawed humans to "properly interpret" the meaning of a given passage, then that book cannot be taken seriously as being the word of a so-called "perfect being." If this God of yours did exist, and this is the best he can communicate with us, then he can fuck off, as he is undeserving of acknowledgement, let alone worship.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:42 PM   #384
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

Quote:
YHWH wrote View Post

No retard you call it. 2+2=6 as the rest of the loonies that believe resurrected Zombies that save with blood are real. Vampiruchristus? Seek help retard, your brain is bout to explode full of such deluded shit...

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:43 PM   #385
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
YHWH wrote View Post
He is obviously more familiar with it than you are, lying tetragrammaton!

You probably learned about the Bible in Bible school where all of the bad parts could be quietly ignored.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:46 PM   #386
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
YHWH wrote View Post

It is not our job to weasel bogus answers for the myriad faults in the Bible.

You are like the fire department dispatcher who says to a caller "I don't care if your house is on fire if you can't tell me how to put it out."

Demented tetragrammaton!

Old 06-14-2008, 10:49 PM   #387
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
antix wrote View Post
"explain Biblical contradictions and errors" Let's take a look at this, shall we?

Why would apparent contradictions and errors appear in an allegedly "perfect book from the perfect god"? Why do mere mortals have to explain away the obvious horseshit found within the pages of such texts that comprise the Bible? To make you feel better about the made up crap you are gullible enough to believe in, perhaps?

If the bible cannot be taken at face value and requires flawed humans to "properly interpret" the meaning of a given passage, then that book cannot be taken seriously as being the word of a so-called "perfect being." If this God of yours did exist, and this is the best he can communicate with us, then he can fuck off, as he is undeserving of acknowledgement, let alone worship.
Cuntna said it bettern that muhself.

You and I might make a good team: Antix and Antique.

Old 06-14-2008, 11:13 PM   #388
antix
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
Cuntna said it bettern that muhself.

You and I might make a good team: Antix and Antique.
Why thank you. "Antix and Antique... Combating idiocy wherevever it may strike"
Old 06-15-2008, 04:16 AM   #389
Redhunter

Quote:
YHWH wrote View Post

Then you're saying god purposefully made the book cryptic and needlessly complicated and contradictory on purpose? Wow, that's one stupid god you picked. When they were handing out gods you must've thought they said 'frauds'.

I have over twenty websites in my favorites that answer and explain Biblical contradictions and errors,

Making a claim and actually backing it up are the difference between fiction and non-fiction. Just look at how you've behaved here for instance. You can make claims till the cows drop dead from old age but no matter how hard you wish, you cannot make an idea into reality.

but it's funny when you go to a website owned and operated by an atheist, they show the supposed errors, but they don't explain them or try to answer them.

You are making the extraordinary claims. Would you believe a muslim who claimed they saw Allah on his testimony alone? Of course you wouldn't. But yes, feel free to be as hypocritical as you'd like. We just love watching you crash and burn yourself.

In the Christian community, we call that "Cherry picking."

As my memory of what my church preached compared to what all is in the bible serves me, the church was where I learned the phrase 'cherry-picking'. It is exactly what christianity is all about.

Closed Thread