Old 04-29-2010, 02:33 AM   #226
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

You may have the letter of the law, but the ref has to make a decision about the handling, and if it appears to have gained the advantage for the player a ref will 90% blow for handball. You cannot have a 2 day debate about whether or not it was 100% deliberate. How could you find that out anyway? Lie detector? I don't think it was an awful decision. Unlucky maybe. Then the sending off was a bit of a farce too. And Barca got lucky last year against Chelsea froim a dodgy free kick. So fuck em. Peaked too soon obviously if you cannot break down a 10 man team with the greatest attacking midfield in the world.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:28 AM   #227
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Oh Dear. What a shame.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:34 AM   #228
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Someone in the crowd was holding up a morphed picture of Mourinho as Jebus, but I can't find it on the net.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:56 AM   #229
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Shitty game (even if the result had gone the other way). As good a coach as Mourinho is, destructive, defensive football blows.

Especially frustrating to watch as a Bayern fan, when your team has 70% possession, and loses 2-0. Apparently, they just weren't prepared for an 11-man defense.

The only way for this to have turned into an entertaining game would have been an early score for Bayern, which would have forced Inter to open up and attack.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:14 AM   #230
nkb

One consolation for me: they signed the Ugly (but Talented) One to a new 5-year contract.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
Old 06-02-2010, 08:18 AM   #231
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

So, the great festival will soon be upon us. The tards of the world will be crossing & kissing their rings as they trot onto the pitches, calling on their god to ease their passage into the next round.

Jehovah will be busy and torn between the Brazilians, Argies, Spaniards and an abundance of other catlicking adherents, whilst allah will be wielding his mighty sword to slay all opposition to Nigeria and Algeria.

I shall be forced to consider swift hari-kari if my tiny little nation doesn’t stuff the mighty merkins on the 12th – but you lot must find it strange that a “world cup” actually involves nations from er – the world!

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 06-02-2010, 08:55 AM   #232
nkb

Don't sell the Europeans short (including you Brits) on the praising-God bullshit during football games. It's becoming more and more widespread.

In fact, it pained me to see one of my favorite players, Bastian Schweinsteiger, pulling that shit just recently. I had never seen him do it before.

By the way, most of the players who kiss their rings are showing their love for their spouses, if I'm not mistaken.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #233
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Indeed we do have more than our share of tards and I'll yell the mockery at every twat I spot praising their sky bastard! Should be a good few weeks though.
I'm in Scotland when England play their 2nd game, so I might soon be posting with missing teeth!

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:25 AM   #234
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

But you'll have protection! No missing teeth!

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #235
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 06-02-2010, 09:40 AM   #236
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Fuck. Who's picture have you been using on Faceplace?

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:48 AM   #237
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Thought you said you were attending world cup Smelly?

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:02 AM   #238
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
Fuck. Who's picture have you been using on Faceplace?
I save my better side for public display!

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
Thought you said you were attending world cup Smelly?
I'd hoped to, but my 'free' accommodation changed country - the miserable bastard - and other plans should cost me a lot less.
*sigh* - tele will do I suppose.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 06-10-2010, 02:34 AM   #239
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Watch your fucking language

Quote:
England's players have been warned by the controversial Brazilian referee who will take charge of Saturday's World Cup opener against the United States that he is learning English swear words in order to know whether he is being abused by players.
I wonder if the twat of a ref's been lurking round this place? - the cunt would learn more decent words in 5 minutes than at any language school!

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #240
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Watch your fucking language

I wonder if the twat of a ref's been lurking round this place? - the cunt would learn more decent words in 5 minutes than at any language school!
If he's been reffing English speaking players for this long and the players swearing at him hasn't affected anything at all without him knowing that they're swearing at him... then obviously there is no problem whether he knows they are or not... unfortunately it sounds like the guy is just a wanker.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote