Old 12-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #16
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Boner!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #17
psychodiva
I Live Here

uurgh stoppit!!

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #18
redbeardjon
New Member!

Where do you get the notion that Christians bash science? What you did was a bad comparison. I may be going out on a limb here but what has studying the age of the universe done as far as practical application? That would be a more fair comparison. Science is the observation of natural processes. The application is that we copy these processes to make things that benefit us. Anybody can do that, their religious beliefs are irrelevant.
redbeardjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:48 AM   #19
Niels_n_Stuff
New Member!

Quote:
redbeardjon wrote View Post
Where do you get the notion that Christians bash science? What you did was a bad comparison. I may be going out on a limb here but what has studying the age of the universe done as far as practical application? That would be a more fair comparison. Science is the observation of natural processes. The application is that we copy these processes to make things that benefit us. Anybody can do that, their religious beliefs are irrelevant.
LOL, they imprisoned Galileo for diverting from Copernican astronomy and providing evidence of celestial bodies not revolving around the earth. They stopped condoms from being used in aids-ridden Africa because it was against God's will and not a reliable way of preventing aids anyway. They stopped stem-cell research in the US because it would upset God if 'babies' were killed to perform the necessary research. The list goes on!
As for practical applications of measuring the age of the universe; read Krauss' works and you will understand.
Niels_n_Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote