Old 03-12-2017, 10:12 PM   #1
AtomJack

Forum Death

In the name of Athe, I pronounce this website officially dead.
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:14 AM   #2
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

It's resting ....

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:38 PM   #3
AtomJack

Ok.
AtomJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:54 PM   #4
dogpet
Obsessed Member

We're dead because cristinanity is no longer bothering about. We'd be busy if we spoke Urdu.

Thankfully, in the places where this forum still enjoys its quiet existence, non-belief grows strongly in its unostentatious manner, so much so that the deluded are peer schooled to hide themselves from the likes of us.

Outside of their communities, many of them are ashamed of their wilful stupidity, as they should be. If any of the more dense need correcting, then here we dose.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:43 AM   #5
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Here, an Anglican and a United Church occupy most of a city block. In my home town, it's a Catholic and an Anglican Church. The Catholic Church is well supported, (the Separate School Tax doesn't hurt any!) but the others mentioned have dwindling parishioners. The Anglican Church was left with about a dozen families supporting it, and the huge heating heating bills for such a large building forced the sale of the Manse, and downgrading to a part time priest. Maybe they should court the Satanists, the Hellfire would help with the heating bill!
This decline has not gone unnoticed by the Oligarchy, and they are certainly promoting an alternative - the Religion of Peace. The mistrust betwixt the Oligarchs and the Priesthood ensured the Separation of Church and State, but the Islamists do away with that, melding politics and religion into one coercive system, with the (very attractive to the Oligarchs) death penalty for opting out.
And then there's the assassins. One doesn't hear about Presbyterian or Anglican suicide bombers. And the targets are invariably innocent folk, just going about their lives as best they can, in Markets, Hospitals, Schools. Howcome the Dictators in their palaces, or the hated legislators, conveniently gathered in their lavish legislatures, are never the victims?
As the daily "terrorist" slaughter continues, it's pointed out that "extremists" are to blame. Yet, they all have one commonality - the religion of peace.
Its agenda is world domination, and it suits the Oligarchy just fine, since they too seek one world government.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:47 PM   #6
dogpet
Obsessed Member

C'mon now Sinfidel, those monsters are no true jizlamic. Don't you listen to the radio?

Old 03-19-2017, 12:08 AM   #7
Sinfidel
Obsessed Member

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
C'mon now Sinfidel, those monsters are no true jizlamic. Don't you listen to the radio?

Thanks to ROKU, I get Aljezeera and Russian TV news. More fun than Trump's Fox Fake News, although it's hard to dislike a guy who cuts funding to Meals on Wheels so Billionaires can get another tax break. Praise Jeebus.

Use foolproof airtight logic on a mind that's closed and you're dead. - William J. Reilly, Opening Closed Minds
Sinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:06 PM   #8
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Give it three days...

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:39 PM   #9
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Rustle,

Old 01-07-2018, 03:27 PM   #10
Egor

Forums in general are dying because of Facebook groups, but ironically, I prefer forums precisely because they are not Facebook.

And then things are different in Christendom these days, I think, and among atheists as well. It's like some kind of live and let live attitude. Even in me, I notice it. I thought several years ago that atheism was the worst thing possible for society and that it would destroy it, but that never happened. Atheism seems to have gotten weaker rather than stronger.

I honestly think it has a lot to do with aggressive atheism; this idea of in-your-face confrontation of believers. Dawkins, et al., and groups like this, too. But then came ISIS, and if all atheists could say about Christians is that they were deluded--that seemed perfectly alright compared to what other religions like Islam are capable of.

But there's a new kind of atheism coming, you know? Have you read or listened to Bart Ehrman much? Well a lot of Christians do, and he's dismantling their faith brick by brick--and they seem to like it. They like how he teaches them.

As a Veridican, none of what he says matters to me. My Christianity isn't based on historical evidence. But he's definitely dangerous to them. He reminds me of Amdro. Do you know what that is? It's an ant poison we use here. Ants love it. They eat it up and feed it to their queen and all you have to do is put a few tablespoons on an anthill and in a week, it's dead. The whole thing is just dirt.

Oh yes, the new atheism is in the ear-tickling lectures of Bart and others like him. They don't even care that he calls himself an agnostic atheist (agnostic by reason, atheist by belief).

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:46 PM   #11
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Egor wrote
Forums in general are dying because of Facebook groups,
Agreed
Quote:
I prefer forums precisely because they are not Facebook.
Some of us are happy to play on both.
Quote:
And then things are different in Christendom these days, I think, and among atheists as well. It's like some kind of live and let live attitude.
When theists stop pushing their horseshit into public affairs, atheism will perhaps happily fuck off.
Quote:
I thought several years ago that atheism was the worst thing possible for society and that it would destroy it, but that never happened ......
So you were wrong, what a surprise.
Quote:
Atheism seems to have gotten weaker rather than stronger.
Perhaps theists may be learning to keep their snouts out of public life a little more?
Quote:
I honestly think it has a lot to do with aggressive atheism;
See above - we only react to aggressive theist horseshit.
Quote:
But then came ISIS ............... what other religions like Islam are capable of.
Have a look at how Islam pushers have fared here - remember, we just react.
Quote:
But there's a new kind of atheism coming, you know?
So beyond 'not believing' - there's 'really not believing'? Let me know when you get it.
Quote:
Have you read or listened to Bart Ehrman much? Well a lot of Christians do, and he's dismantling their faith brick by brick--and they seem to like it.
Excuse me while I weep!

Quote:
As a Veridican ....
Now I've lost the will to shit!!!

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 01-08-2018, 09:37 PM   #12
Egor

You can laugh at Veridicanism all you want. But I'm the real deal. I can defeat your arguments, you can't mount any defense. You're standard anti-religion stance is laughable to me, and you prove yourself incapable of true reason. Your atheism is a sad faith--nothing more. You know it, and so do I. Now, come back with all your vile shit, so what? There's no one reading this forum. You are fading away, and I'm just getting my second wind.

I wrote the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ, and while you're too uneducated to realize what a Gospel harmony is, I can tell you that there is nothing ever in the history of man that compares to it. Even when they wrote Gospel harmonies, no one ever included the Gospel of Thomas. My book--which no one reads--is a one-of-a-kind historical work.

What have you done? WHO ARE YOU!?

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:37 AM   #13
SEG

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
You can laugh at Veridicanism all you want. But I'm the real deal. I can defeat your arguments, you can't mount any defense.
Try harmonising this problem Egor, set by Mr Barker, my fav atheist atm:

Quote:
tell me what happened on Easter. I am not asking for proof. My straightforward request is merely that Christians tell me exactly what happened on the day that their most important doctrine was born.
Believers should eagerly take up this challenge, since without the resurrection, there is no Christianity. Paul wrote, "And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not." (I Corinthians 15:14-15)
The conditions of the challenge are simple and reasonable. In each of the four Gospels, begin at Easter morning and read to the end of the book: Matthew 28, Mark 16, Luke 24, and John 20-21. Also read Acts 1:3-12 and Paul's tiny version of the story in I Corinthians 15:3-8. These 165 verses can be read in a few moments. Then, without omitting a single detail from these separate accounts, write a simple, chronological narrative of the events between the resurrection and the ascension: what happened first, second, and so on; who said what, when; and where these things happened.
Since the gospels do not always give precise times of day, it is permissible to make educated guesses. The narrative does not have to pretend to present a perfect picture--it only needs to give at least one plausible account of all of the facts. Additional explanation of the narrative may be set apart in parentheses. The important condition to the challenge, however, is that not one single biblical detail be omitted. Fair enough?

'Orta Recens Quam Pura Nites'.
SEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:53 AM   #14
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
You can laugh at Veridicanism all you want. But I'm the real deal.
Looks like your arrogance still does you proud!
Quote:
Happy Amazon Customer wrote
1.0 out of 5 stars
A terrible, terrible, terrible book
April 25, 2013
Format: Paperback
Mr. G*****, with absolutely no background whatsoever in Biblical studies, thought, (by listening to the voices in his head), that he, of all the millions, if not billions of people, was told (by his god), that he needed to rewrite the gospels. Like a bull in a china shop, he flattens out the improtant differences between them, (which he never knew about), and which scholars have debated and discussed for thousands of years, as he thinks he knows best the way they are to be now presented. This astounding arrogance is laughable. Whatever you do, don't waste a dime on this piece-of-junk book. Any freshman in college, (actually most informed high school student), would know better than to do this. Probably the worst waste of paper / time I have ever seen.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 01-09-2018, 07:13 AM   #15
SEG

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
My Christianity isn't based on historical evidence.
Is that because you have realised that the evidence is just so bad? Mormonism's evidence of the golden plates is a lot better than that of most other Christian sects, including your Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. Of course they are bullshit, but their bullshit evidence is a lot better than your bullshit evidence.

How do you feel about that?

'Orta Recens Quam Pura Nites'.
SEG is offline   Reply With Quote