Old 12-12-2011, 02:15 AM   #196
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Perhaps E-bore's blog is indeed worthy of its own special link after all.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:18 AM   #197
Egor

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
Okay, so it lacks the prose of yours, but I think you might see my point.

Wait, what am I saying? You're dense as fuck, of course you don't see my point. Oh well.
Hey, idiot, excuse me...the man asked me a question and I answered it. He thinks there's an error in the scripture based on the genealogy of Joseph, and I showed him how it's not an error to me at all but in fact a way, I believe, God has used to expand our understanding of the Gospel message. You don't agree--fine. What difference does it make? You don't believe in God, anyway. If there is no God, who cares if the Bible has errors in it?

He says it's an error. I say it's not because it's too instructive and would be less instructive if it wasn't there. In other words, I need that discordance to be there.

Of course you're going to see it as an error, because you don't search out the meaning of scripture. Because you don't believe in God!

Inerrant.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:24 AM   #198
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Hey, idiot, excuse me...the man asked me a question and I answered it. He thinks there's an error in the scripture based on the genealogy of Joseph, and I showed him how it's not an error to me at all but in fact a way, I believe, God has used to expand our understanding of the Gospel message. You don't agree--fine. What difference does it make? You don't believe in God, anyway. If there is no God, who cares if the Bible has errors in it?

He says it's an error. I say it's not because it's too instructive and would be less instructive if it wasn't there. In other words, I need that discordance to be there.

Of course you're going to see it as an error, because you don't search out the meaning of scripture. Because you don't believe in God!

Inerrant.

And my point is that instead of following logic to a conclusion you decide on your desired conclusion and twist your logic to find it. You are not so much reading and interpreting the bible as your are re-writing it.

But yeah, go ahead and try to convince yourself you're not. You are right when you say it makes no real difference to us, as no-one but you is buying it.

Square peg, dick hole.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:35 AM   #199
Egor

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
But yeah, go ahead and try to convince yourself you're not. You are right when you say it makes no real difference to us, as no-one but you is buying it.

Square peg, dick hole.
That's right: You can't understand it. It's all Greek to you, so go off and play with something.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:37 AM   #200
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Michael wrote View Post
Okay, so it lacks the prose of yours, but I think you might see my point.

Wait, what am I saying? You're dense as fuck, of course you don't see my point. Oh well.

I told you that you were too dense to understand. Then you go and prove me right!

I love that. Keep proving how stupid you are.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:40 AM   #201
Michael
Obsessed Member

That's the problem with Christians, especially Egor.

He can't comprehend anything that isn't "Jesus is the best!". It's not his fault, christians are taught to reject reality, and substitute it with their own.

It's sort of like a really, really crappy version of mythbusters. Except that they are more "mythcreators"...."mythbelievers", even.

They cannot handle the idea of having to be responsible for their own thoughts, their own actions. they cannot handle the idea that nobody out there gives a fuck about what happens to them after they die.

They cannot handle the fact that after all, they're just human.

So they cover their eyes to anything that illuminates the truth, fervently denying it whenever it is presented to them.

And when they die, they end up sad, pathetic, and alone.

Should we feel sorry for them? No. We try to reach out to them, show them the truth. But in return all they do is cover their eyes and ears further and yell as loud as they can to convince themselves that they aren't alone, they don't have to take any responsibility for their actions (it's all god's doing!).

Then they try to make us live our lives in the way that will stop the light of truth ever reaching them. They try to shut down rational thought wherever it pops up.

They stop people from having basic human rights, all so that they can live in their comfortable fantasy world.

In short, religion turns people into monsters.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:48 AM   #202
Michael
Obsessed Member

Matthew 10:34-35

"Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's foes will be those of his own household."

Christians don't care about anyone but themselves. They are only here to drive wedges between good people - to drive families apart with their hatred.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:51 AM   #203
Michael
Obsessed Member

Do you see how stupid vitriol like this sounds?

I doubt you do. Yet you keep trying to use it on us.

It's my most sincere hope that maybe some of this is getting through to you.

Though you being you, with everything you've shown us so far, I doubt it.

It's a shame, really, how much wasted life one person can have. If only you would listen to us Egor, we could fix this evil that is inside of you.

I don't blame you, the christian, but rather christianity for what it has done to you.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:16 AM   #204
Broga
Obsessed Member

Egor: You lack both honesty and intelligence. Can't even a fool such as yourself understand that if words are not accepted to mean what they are commonly understood to mean then communication becomes impossible. Everyone just invents their own meaning as you do and all understanding disappears. You, of course, having made a statement which is proved to be wrong do not discuss. You merely attach your own unique and idiotic meaning to words. Are you ill? Paranoid perhaps?
Broga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:25 AM   #205
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Are you sure?

What if God didn’t want us to dismiss these as historical records? What if
He wanted us to look deeper into them? If the two genealogies don’t jive,
what does that mean?

I’ve always thought it meant that the genealogies didn’t matter. But why
wouldn’t it matter? Perhaps because God wants me to realize that Jesus isn’t

like any earthly king, that his power isn’t derived from his earthly
lineage. And then I begin to think about what Jesus did in the desert and
how he turned Satan down when Satan offered him all the kingdoms of the
world, and then I see that the discordant lineage is actually telling me
that Christ is at odds with the world’s way of acquiring power, that real
power comes from what we can turn down, not what we can accumulate.

Then I see that Jesus isn’t like Henry the VIII or Herod the Great. I see
that he’s more powerful than they are. And I see why he had a crown of
thorns and not a crown of Gold, because he wasn’t like an earthly king who was born to an earthly throne. He was powerful enough to come from God and die for his subjects. He wasn’t clawing to get up to anything; he was able to come down.

Suddenly, the genealogies make perfect sense, and if they had been written any other way, I never would have come to understand what real power is. I would have always been deluded about power and confused it with having money and possessions. And then I see why Jesus was so opposed to people being rich, and it’s like my eyes are being opened, and I can see for the first time, and then I realize why healing the blind was such a heralded miracle that Jesus performed, and that he did it for me, too. I was blind, but now I see!

And if he can do that by the Word of God, then it’s true when he says,
“Heaven and earth will pass away but my word will never pass away.” And then I realize he’s still alive. Not like a physical body, but really alive with
real life—eternal life, because he’s speaking to me through his word!

In what you thought was a mistake, I found the whole Gospel message
contained.

You can believe whatever you want. I will always be thankful God made the genealogies discordant.
You really are a clown. I only used the geneologies to keep it simple for you. There are many contradictions, which I could quote, in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Don't you read your own bible? Your ignorance of what you so confidently assert would, in an honest person, be amazing.

The fact is you are terrified by being faced with the truth. You fear that your lifetime of believing lies is crumbling before you. You know I am right and you can't bear that fact. I am giving you sleepless nights because you are in a corner and have no way out.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:43 AM   #206
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
@Ghoulslime: Thanks. Looks as if ole Egor isn't so bad after all. Have I done him wrong? But he is a sly devil.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:04 AM   #207
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

You are slowly realising why it is impossible and a complete waste of good drinking or shagging time to hold any sort of meaningful, reasoned dialogue with these complete idiots. They have a mental condition which renders them immune to anything that may upset their fragile existence – they have no gag reflex, allowing them to swallow mountains of pure shit which would choke any normal human. The only help one can give, is point, laugh & mock in the vain hope that they may one day realise what complete fucking jerks they really are.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:56 AM   #208
Broga
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
You are slowly realising why it is impossible and a complete waste of good drinking or shagging time to hold any sort of meaningful, reasoned dialogue with these complete idiots. They have a mental condition which renders them immune to anything that may upset their fragile existence – they have no gag reflex, allowing them to swallow mountains of pure shit which would choke any normal human. The only help one can give, is point, laugh & mock in the vain hope that they may one day realise what complete fucking jerks they really are.
That is a succinct, ney perfect, summary of what I have come to realise. I try, being a kindly type with a sensitive disposition (my wife would confirm), to try a rational and temperate approach. Around me the battle rages; slagging off on both sides escalates and I hang on to my calm. Not even Egor, I tell myself, can continue in such a mental sewer without gagging. He must want some relief, some honesty and some freedom from the heavy chains of his superstition. But when he refuses to accept that a word means what we all accept it as meaning then all hope is gone. You are right. My hopes are dashed. Egor is beyond help.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:17 AM   #209
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Suddenly, the genealogies make perfect sense, and if they had been written any other way, I never would have come to understand what real power is. I would have always been deluded about power and confused it with having money and possessions. And then I see why Jesus was so opposed to people being rich, and it’s like my eyes are being opened, and I can see for the first time, and then I realize why healing the blind was such a heralded miracle that Jesus performed, and that he did it for me, too. I was blind, but now I see!
This must be why Paul of Tarsus said that the genealogies were completely irrelevant.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:39 AM   #210
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Actually on further thought I'm not sure Paul did say that. But from memory one of the early church fathers admonishes the faithful about genealogical controversies. Apparently people could see the obvious bullshit even in the first and second centuries. Perhaps someone can correct me?

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote