Old 01-29-2007, 06:43 AM   #1
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Evolution is "extremely farfetched" and "terribly unscientific," says Pat Boone.

Praise the Lord.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

I thinking of nominating Boonie to wear the Fecal Fedora this week (he says he's going to write about evolution again, the poor bastard)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:00 AM   #3
Baphomet

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
Evolution is "extremely farfetched" and "terribly unscientific," says Pat Boone.

Praise the Lord.
This is the kind of stuff that pisses me off.

Some idiot, who doesn't know jack shit about evolution, starts to think that Satanic Hippies are controlling the government. So of course, part of their agenda includes teaching evolution. Makes perfect sense, of course.

It's obvious that this guy doesn't know shit about evolution when he says "why are apes still apes? Why aren't they developing language?"

First of all, from what it sounds, he probably still thinks (wrongly) that evolution has some sort of "goal" or goes through a bunch of pre-determined steps (i.e. First we learn to walk, the we evolve to speak, then we evolve to reason, and then we evolve to get telepathic powers). Of course, evolution doesn't work that way.

If people really knew how evolution worked, they wouldn't really have a problem with it. After all, we have no problem with the fact that the economy, complex as it is, evolved from the simple idea of exchanging one thing for another. The good ideas survived and continued, the bad ideas that didn't work were killed off, and random ideas and inventions started to give way to more and more complexity. Right now, the economy is so complex, it blows my mind just to think about the complicated process that goes into making something trivial as a water bottle.

This guy is such a fucktard. An equivalent would be if I denied chemistry, thinking wrongly, that atoms really were nothing but a bunch of billard balls bouncing around at random.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:46 AM   #4
Ickybod

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote
I thinking of nominating Boonie to wear the Fecal Fedora this week (he says he's going to write about evolution again, the poor bastard)
There are so many retards who think like him that I don't see any reason why this particular douchebag deserves the honor anymore than the next.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:56 AM   #5
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
Ickybod wrote
Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote
There are so many retards who think like him that I don't see any reason why this particular douchebag deserves the honor anymore than the next.
Because its timely. What could be timelier than a has-been jeetard having this epiphany: one needn't know a scintilla of science and yet still be publicly critical of established scientific theory.

Anyway I'll wait to see what fecal froth is spewed in Boonie's next missive before tossing him a Turd Topper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #6
Livingstrong

Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote

Praise the Lord.
It's incredible how irrational some people can be. Only illiterate people and retards would take this guy seriously.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:48 AM   #7
Hertzyscowicz

Quote:
Tom DeRosa wrote
"Millions upon millions of fossils have been collected to date, but there is no evidence of transition fossils, that is, fossils of organisms in an intermediate stage of development between steps on the evolutionary ladder."
:wall: When :wall: will :wall: they :wall: get :wall: a :wall: clue :wall:

Quote:
Bat Poone wrote
humans [have always been] always human (though some of us less so than others).
I certainly hope he didn't mean to say what I think he said.

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish." ~Albert Einstein
Hertzyscowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:35 AM   #8
HappyNat

Quote:
Baphomet wrote
After all, we have no problem with the fact that the economy, complex as it is, evolved from the simple idea of exchanging one thing for another. The good ideas survived and continued, the bad ideas that didn't work were killed off, and random ideas and inventions started to give way to more and more complexity. Right now, the economy is so complex, it blows my mind just to think about the complicated process that goes into making something trivial as a water bottle.
Blasphemy! The economy exists today as it always has, the way god made it in the first place. :)
Old 01-29-2007, 12:14 PM   #9
Evil_Mage_Ra

Quote:
Pat Boone, descendent of the legendary pioneer Daniel Boone, has been a top-selling recording artist, the star of his own hit TV series, a movie star, a Broadway headliner, and a best-selling author in a career that has spanned half a century. During the classic rock & roll era of the 1950s, he sold more records than any artist except Elvis Presley.
Gee, I guess they forgot to mention his Ph.D. in biology that would allow him to make such authoritative statements about evolution. I mean, WND cares about credibility, right? Right?

Quote:
Boone wrote
Could it be that this whole evolution idea has grown out of a deep desire to escape the implications that necessarily accompany the concept of an infinite Intelligence, a Creator?
Even if ID had a firm intellectual footing, why would the existence of a Creator necessarily mean we owe him anything?
Old 01-29-2007, 01:03 PM   #10
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Evil_Mage_Ra wrote
Even if ID had a firm intellectual footing, why would the existence of a Creator necessarily mean we owe him anything?
You mean...I can't...make the characters in my novel...worship me???

WTF? What's the point of creating things if they can just choose to ignore me as the half-assed hack-writer that I am? I hold the power of life and death in your little fictional world, fucklings! WORSHIP MY ALL-POWERFUL ASS!!!

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:09 PM   #11
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
anthonyjfuchs wrote
WORSHIP MY ALL-POWERFUL ASS!!!
well, if you put it that way........

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:12 PM   #12
Livingstrong

Quote:
Choobus wrote
Quote:
anthonyjfuchs wrote
........do we...... have to?
Old 01-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #13
skribb

Quote:
Hertzyscowicz wrote
Quote:
Tom DeRosa wrote
"Millions upon millions of fossils have been collected to date, but there is no evidence of transition fossils, that is, fossils of organisms in an intermediate stage of development between steps on the evolutionary ladder."

Quote:
Bat Poone wrote
You asked for it: Never. :cry:
Old 01-29-2007, 02:40 PM   #14
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Quote:
HomoCyclist wrote
Quote:
Choobus wrote
Quote:
anthonyjfuchs wrote
........do we...... have to?
No, no, no. You guys aren't my fucklings.

Not yet...

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:39 AM   #15
Hertzyscowicz

Quote:
skribb wrote
Quote:
Hertzyscowicz wrote
Quote:
Tom DeRosa wrote

Quote:
Bat Poone wrote
You asked for it: Never. :cry:
A part of me knew it, I suppose. Time to let go of one more delusion. Belief in humanity--, now holding at -42.

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish." ~Albert Einstein
Hertzyscowicz is offline   Reply With Quote