Old 02-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #46
orangeitis

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Exactly. So, why do you ask for more proof?
I'm just going out on a limb here... because he's not convinced?

Proof of claims, especially extraordinary ones, is needed for any rational-minded person to believe you.

Tell me, do you actually think you'll accomplish anything by just telling us your view and saying that it's the truth instead of demonstrating any of your claims? You might want to read my guide before you continue.
orangeitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #47
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
Egor, I want you to know something because when this finally comes to pass neither of us will have fingers nor keyboards, nor even mouths to talk about it.

When the two of us are decomposing in a compost heap and my molecules are commingling with yours as they surely will be, the sad erratic gestures of your mitochondria attempting to prostate to shit that isn't there will give me just the time I need to take control.

I promise to be a firm but just master.
Uurgh! I don't want my molecules mingling with EGOr's. They don't deserve it as they were once much more evolved than his numpty molecules.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #48
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Stargazer, seriously, are you asking for a photo or video of God?

What can I say? Just point your camera in any direction and snap a photo. There's God.

Why do I get the feeling you're still not convinced?
Because it's bullshit. You're being purposely vague because you think it's profound. Well, it isn't. You're not saying anything, except that you believe this god thing created everything. You are steadfasting avoiding saying what a god is or how it created anything.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #49
Sol

As a member of the 1% of those who cannot be spoken for...

I am not an atheist, I didn't sign up to a club, or read the charter nor agree to any articles of faith...
I am what other people call an atheist, I have never been called an agnostic (more than once)

A life form on another planet is just that, a life form on another planet
Its not a bug eyed, space travelling, arse bandit with a penchant for cows and red-necks.

I work on the presumption that life may have evolved on other planets. I also work on the presumption that they may be too far away for us to find them. If we do find them then that's just peachy, if we don't, well it's not gonna be a huge disappointment.

These are my presumptions, I would not however, presume to force these ideas upon others under threat of pain and suffering.

Which brings us back to this god fella. Unlike others I have no need for evidence for god, no need to prove anything to me.
I have it on good authority, from shall we say, less well-educated people that god is self evident..............

So, if god does turn up, well that's just peachy, if not, well it's not gonna be a huge disappointment.

Also, and thank you for your concern, but if hell should turn out to be real. All I can say is, I am going to be in some marvellous company.

Professor Plum - In the Dinning Room - with the Lead Pipe...
Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #50
clambake
shred

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Methinks you over-rate the dolt - but thanks for reminding me what interesting reading Ebon Musings provides.
Indeed, I credit EM for curing me of my wankerish agnosticism.

"Ignorance is not bliss; it is terrifying like walking blindfolded down a dark hallway full of set bear traps." ~ Sternwallow

Death will be like 1964 all over again.
clambake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #51
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post

When have I ever prophesized to you? I don’t speak for God; God speaks for God. But if I do speak for God, it’s true, because God speaks to me. He speaks to you, too, but you won’t listen.
All you do here is make unverifiable claims about an allegation that you will not dare define, even under pain of death. The whole thing that you're proposing as real would unravel, if you did. Meanwhile, the more vague you can make this alleged thing, the more power you think it has.

Whatever this allegation is in your mind, you are the one talking for it, even as deny that you are and then turn around-- in the same sentence, no less-- and claim to be speaking on it's behalf because you claim it speaks to you.

You don't make any sense.

Quote:
Egor wrote
It’s funny you should say that, because that’s the last thing that would convince me. In fact, I’ll bet we can find video and photos of aliens right now on Google and YouTube, but they’re fake, and even if they’re not, they might as well be.
If one could point a camera at an alleged god, what would it look like? Despite your obfuscating attempts to avoid answering direct questions, the existence of trees and cloud patterns are not evidence for what you claim.

Quote:
Egor wrote
Exactly. So, why do you ask for more proof?
Because, like everyone else on the planet, Egor is required to provide evidence for his claims if Egor expects to earn the credibility of others. However, if you want to revel in your delusions in peace, it's best that you not share them.

Quote:
Egor wrote
I’ll tell you, I read it so often, “proof, show me the proof, prove it, show me God…” It’s like listening to a room full of blind people begging for someone to help them. Then you go to lend them a hand and they slap it away, because you didn’t realize they'd already gone insane.
You are the one who is insane if you honestly think that we are begging for guidance from a delusional narcissist who is convinced that he communes with the alleged creator of existence.

All you have got to offer us is this: "I'm Egor, dammit! Believe what I tell you, or else!"

That's not compelling.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Last edited by Irreligious; 02-04-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #52
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Stargazer wrote View Post
Why is proof such a problem?

Why must you deflect attention from the above question by resorting to insults instead?
Sorry to quote myself, but it's been too long since I posted this to edit.

Egor, I really think you should answer both of these questions. In the name of open and honest debate.

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #53
psychodiva
I Live Here

he doesn't know what open and honest mean

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #54
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

He doesn't know what god is, but still follows it.....
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #55
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
psychodiva wrote View Post
he doesn't know what open and honest mean
That may be, but I'd like to see an answer to those specific questions in his own words.

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Old 02-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #56
Egor

Quote:
Sol wrote View Post
Also, and thank you for your concern, but if hell should turn out to be real. All I can say is, I am going to be in some marvellous company.

No you won’t. You’ll be alone. “Company” is a surrogate pleasure we feel here instead of the oneness with God we truly want. You won’t be with God in hell, and you won’t know of the existence of anyone else, either. At least when you were a baby in your mother’s womb, you had God. In the end, you will be alone.

Quote:
Sorry to quote myself, but it's been too long since I posted this to edit.
Quote:
Egor, I really think you should answer both of these questions. In the name of open and honest debate.

It’s not. You asked for proof, a photo or a video. I told you to point your camera in any direction and start shooting. You said you weren’t satisfied with that. That’s your problem.

Why must you deflect attention from the above question by resorting to insults instead?

Because when I gave you what you asked for, you turned it away while still squawking for proof.

The fact is, if you won’t settle for the proof that’s right in front of you (your dog, your books, etc.) then you will have to settle for evidence of God, because God isn’t going to force you to believe in Him, which is what you’re asking for. That isn’t why you were created. You were created to evolve spiritually through the lessons and faith you acquire in this life. As soon as you see God in such a way that you cannot doubt, all spiritual growth stops.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #57
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post

No you won’t. You’ll be alone. “Company” is a surrogate pleasure we feel here instead of the oneness with God we truly want. You won’t be with God in hell, and you won’t know of the existence of anyone else, either. At least when you were a baby in your mother’s womb, you had God. In the end, you will be alone.

It’s not. You asked for proof, a photo or a video. I told you to point your camera in any direction and start shooting. You said you weren’t satisfied with that. That’s your problem.

Because when I gave you what you asked for, you turned it away while still squawking for proof.

The fact is, if you won’t settle for the proof that’s right in front of you (your dog, your books, etc.) then you will have to settle for evidence of God, because God isn’t going to force you to believe in Him, which is what you’re asking for. That isn’t why you were created. You were created to evolve spiritually through the lessons and faith you acquire in this life. As soon as you see God in such a way that you cannot doubt, all spiritual growth stops.
How is my dog or a stack of books proof of God's existence?

Are you saying that I deserved to be insulted because I did not accept your "proof?"

This is all speculation:

That isn’t why you were created. You were created to evolve spiritually through the lessons and faith you acquire in this life.

Really? I think you said something you don't mean here:

As soon as you see God in such a way that you cannot doubt, all spiritual growth stops.

Last edited by Stargazer; 02-04-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #58
Egor

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
Because it's bullshit.
Out of curiosity, Irreligious, what's up with your avatar? Is that you with a dew rag on, a basketball in hand, with the projects as a background? Do you see that as some kind of nobility or something?
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #59
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

OOOOOOOh I tastes a smackdown a comin.
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #60
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Out of curiosity, Irreligious, what's up with your avatar? Is that you with a dew rag on, a basketball in hand, with the projects as a background? Do you see that as some kind of nobility or something?
No, that's not me in my avatar. It's just a young, black man wearing a "do-rag," so called because it protects his "hair-do." And, yes, in the photo, he is carrying a basketball, because he had just finished playing a game of one-on-one with a friend (who happened to be my nephew) before the photograph was taken. Those are not the projects in the background, but a privately-owned apartment complex where I grew up.

Do you see something in the photograph worthy of mocking?

--Ella Wheeler Wilcox