Old 08-28-2007, 05:39 AM   #1
baconeatingatheistjew

I think most Creationists really know evolution is fact

Education board opposes intelligent design in curricula

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...n.36418e1.html
Old 08-28-2007, 05:56 AM   #2
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Why do the keep referring to the "Theory" of Intelligent Design?
Should it not be the "Wild Conjecture & Unsupported Claptrap" of ID?

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:43 AM   #3
Choobus
I Live Here

ID is a theory, just like Dracula or werewolves, although it's quite a bit more scary than either of those.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:07 AM   #4
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

I think the Texas Bored of Edumacation, which has a solid block of conservative Christers headed by an ID-Creationist chairman, are embarking on a new strategy to inject jeetardism into curricula. They (and with the approval of ID HQ, the Dicovery Institute), don't want Dover Redux.

Notice McElroy says his "sole" criticism of biology textbooks is that they do not include criticisms of evolution. Note that politically charged words and phrases -- "ID" and "creationism" e.g. -- will fade from the public conversation, as Mike "I'm A Biologist!" Behe's pseudo-science insinuates its way into texts. This isn't my natural cynicism talking; this is a coordinated effort by Jeetards to rebrand Jeetardation in a way that will fool the rubes.

If you think Texas public schools aren't about to start whizzing on evolutionary biology, then I want to know the name of your drug dealer, because my weed can't compete.
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:09 AM   #5
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
This isn't my natural cynicism talking; this is a coordinated effort by Jeetards to rebrand Jeetardation in a way that will fool the rubes.
I thought they were the rubes.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:15 AM   #6
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

Their next strategy is to make it cool.

How? You guessed it- Ben Stein.

http://www.expelledthemovie.com/

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins
DrunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:18 AM   #7
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
I thought they were the rubes.
Right. I mean fool the rubes into believing that dinosaur-rindin' Jesus is real 'n for-true science.

(Rather than have the rubes outright deny science)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:32 AM   #8
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
ID is a theory, just like Dracula or werewolves, although it's quite a bit more scary than either of those.
But it doesn't explain anything, especially when its supporters cagily refuse to identify God as the agent supposedly in charge. That, and its appeal to data not in evidence (the so-called irriducable complexity), is why it is not a theory.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:35 AM   #9
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
But it doesn't explain anything, especially when its supporters cagily refuse to identify God as the agent supposedly in charge. That, and its appeal to data not in evidence (the so-called irriducable complexity), is why it is not a theory.

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:02 AM   #10
Sternwallow
I Live Here

I'm a little surprised that religion has not proceeded to co-opt evolution as it has other formerly secular things like charity and compassion.

Religion almost has a legitimate claim on science since they were once joined and the purpose of science was to study nature to reveal the glory of God's creation.

They would probably start by discovering that Darwin's notion was actually a revelation from God and then they would proceed to hijack all of the good stuff from there-on.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:32 AM   #11
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
DrunkMonkey wrote View Post
Their next strategy is to make it cool.

How? You guessed it- Ben Stein.

http://www.expelledthemovie.com/
Not sure if this was already posted, but did you see the story about how PZ Myers got duped?

Cheeky theist bastards!

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:10 PM   #12
nkb
He who walks among the theists

To support what Phil is saying:
Quote:
Dallas Morning News wrote
Kathy Miller of the Texas Freedom Network, which advocates strict separation of church and state, said she doubted board members had given up their advocacy of intelligent design.
"Don McLeroy and the other ideologues who now control the state board have said repeatedly in the past that they want public school science classes to teach creationism and other religion-based concepts," Ms. Miller said. "So we have no doubt that they'll find a way to try, either by playing politics with the curriculum standards or censoring new science textbooks later on."
I was pleasantly surprised when I first saw the story, but saw that it was more of the same shit once I read it.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:16 PM   #13
snap crafter

Quote:
I'm a little surprised that religion has not proceeded to co-opt evolution as it has other formerly secular things like charity and compassion.

Religion almost has a legitimate claim on science since they were once joined and the purpose of science was to study nature to reveal the glory of God's creation.

They would probably start by discovering that Darwin's notion was actually a revelation from God and then they would proceed to hijack all of the good stuff from there-on.
And lose a Satan to their God? I doubt it.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:38 PM   #14
Metman07

Quote:

The problem is that evolution brings with it ideas contrary to the teachings of monotheistic religion. Christians, Muslims and Jews believe that humans are the pinnacle of God's creation. The universe, the world and all its creatures were created for our enjoyment. According to evolution, humans came to be by the same process that produced dung beetles, HIV and vultures. They are just a small part of a huge scheme, in which they are actually quite insignificant. Religion plays to man's ego and is the champion of false promises, many of which evolution calls into question.