Old 10-11-2008, 06:05 AM   #76
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
FoC wrote View Post
Ah...I see.
I just didnt understand the reasoning.
You know how people are. Same with politics...if you dont vote how they do they want to know why and push their views down your throat.
I have a friend who is so bad about it that I have to avoid political discussions with him entirely. He has been known to get verbally abusive about it and wont let you have your own opinion about the candidates at all.
I suppose, as a Christian, you would vote for Satan so that Jesus would return and clean up the cosmic mess that His people have perpetrated on Earth.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:12 AM   #77
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Choobus wrote View Post
Fucktard of Christ, you are a classic exmple of a shiteating moron typical lying christian assclown. Happy may be deluded enough to share some of your views but at least he has the balls to obey his mythical gods and act as they apparently demand. You're shit at turning th eother cheek, apart from when you go to an undersized cubicle with a glory hole.

the fact that you quote yourself shows what a tool you are.
FoC, please seriously consider this post and take its key message to heart while using your brain to filter out the objectionable material, just as you do with the Bible.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:15 AM   #78
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
FoC wrote View Post
And you are like that child who only sees things that he wants to see.
Apparently you missed who started the namecalling and belligerence....so....you know...who cares about your opinion if your blind spot is that huge
Ah, you are citing the prime playground defense: Waaaaah, he hit me first!

You are very well skilled at this level of discourse.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:18 AM   #79
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
FoC wrote View Post
Those 'facts', something some of us who are a bit more reasonable prefer to call 'evidence', are quite open to interpretation, Im afraid. Thats where 'theory' comes into being.....interpretation of the evidence
That is also where unsupported religious certainty comes from, each person necessarily interpreting the ambiguous and conflicting material for themselves.

Don't be fooled. The content of the Bible is not evidence of anything but the meager imagination of ancient humans.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:28 AM   #80
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
FoC wrote View Post
Precisely why I said that logic and faith have their place.
For the nonbeliever, logic alone would be sufficient, I suppose, since there is no need to believe in anything that might happen that might defy/change the natural laws in place.

With us, we believe that God created those laws and can bend, change, defy, or break them any time He wishes.
Anything that might change the natural laws would be observable and therefore a fact that non-believers would embrace as they do any facts. You are asking that they take as fact, the existence of some being who can change physical laws despite not having done so since matter first coalesced and from one end of the universe to the other.
Quote:
That is a point, sadly enough, that will keep us from ever seeing the evidence the same.....keep me from ever seeing it like I used to.
Why do you believe that God created anything? What is your evidence?

Why do you think that faith and logic can coexist when faith explicitly denies logic? Why do you think that faith without objective evidence is a path to knowledge?

Old 10-11-2008, 11:06 AM   #81
happywarrior

FOC reminds me of Jeff Dunham and Walter, I guess I'll nickname FOC "Hurricane" Comes in with a great deal of energy and noise and ends in disaster. It'll be interesting to see if hurricane will be back. . . . any bets?
Old 10-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #82
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:43 PM   #83
happywarrior

Buhhhhhhahhhahahahahah!
Old 10-12-2008, 04:55 PM   #84
BOF

'And it doesn't. If you know what you're doing. "

What a quaint notion.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:29 PM   #85
calpurnpiso
I Live Here

"God is real "

Yes He is!!.....True Christians, I suggest you pray:

Oremus.... on your knees, bow your head clasp his holy body with your hands, and with your lips engulf his holy bold head....if you are good & pure he'll spit his river of everlasting life on your trembling tongue.

Please accept Penis-Christ as your Lord and Libido Savior...he delivers!! Amun.

Christians and other folks infected with delusional beliefs think and reason like schizophrenics or temporal lobe epileptics. Their morality is dictated by an invisible friend called Jesus.
calpurnpiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:05 PM   #86
brit

Quote:
anthonyjfuchs wrote View Post
Without bothering to look at a website strewn with ancient torture devices, I'd start with this:

Their entire worldview is based on an ancient belief-structure that was patched together from several mythologies (starting with Judaism and throwing in some Mithraism and Orisianism for good measure), and all of their claims lack any kind of reliable supporting evidence.

Ergo, every argument they make is hypothetical at best, useless on a good day, dangerous on a bad day, and downright deadly at worst.
Wow,that's deep and I agree with you 100 percent.I believe the bible can be good for those who seek a philosophical enrichment,but as far as being truth...give me a break.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:29 PM   #87
Eva
Super Moderator

philosophi-what???

not even....

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:06 AM   #88
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
brit wrote View Post
Wow,that's deep and I agree with you 100 percent.I believe the bible can be good for those who seek a philosophical enrichment,but as far as being truth...give me a break.
Enrichment, right!

I got my family values from Lot and his daughters and that community that God made into cannibals (where withholding your kid from being eaten was a sin). As Jesus commanded, I refused to bury my parents when they died.

The Bible has all the morals a person needs and more than a good person can stomach.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:13 AM   #89
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
Enrichment, right!

I got my family values from Lot and his daughters and that community that God made into cannibals (where withholding your kid from being eaten was a sin). As Jesus commanded, I refused to bury my parents when they died.

The Bible has all the morals a person needs and more than a good person can stomach.
I got mine from Onan. "Tis better to flog thy bishop than boink thy dead brother's squeeze." Sticky business, that.
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:02 AM   #90
thomastwo
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
I got mine from Onan. "Tis better to flog thy bishop than boink thy dead brother's squeeze." Sticky business, that.
In Onan's society refusing to take your dead brother's wife as your wife was like signing their death certificate, or at least condemning them to abject poverty. Onan's lack of morality was in his lack of compassion for his dead brother's wife and his selfishness in considering his own wealth and prosperity first. This is an example of anti-social behaviour not a sexual sin.

Finding meaning in the Bible, or in any other literature, is about finding out what the author meant, not about overlaying your own significance.
thomastwo is offline   Reply With Quote