Old 09-20-2005, 10:12 PM   #16
Marquis de Sade

Although it does look as bad as a parody, there are actually people like that, so ya never know :-\

I remember watching some episode of Jerry Springer (yeah it was even aired here :-p ) about a right-wing religious family who was saying stuff like ill kill your Jewish family, etc, to Springer.....
Old 09-20-2005, 10:13 PM   #17
Eva
Super Moderator

so springer is really jewish!??

so, katia was right!!!!
ha! who knew?

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 10:32 PM   #18
Choobus
I Live Here

And so it begins

email from the lovely moderator Eva to choobus

"dear choobus, we have been receiving some complaints about you. they
revolve around your attacks with sexual content. this is totally
unnecesary and disturbing, stop it with the anal sex thing. you are smart: use
ither arguments.
i don't want you to go or feel that you are unwelcome here. on the
contrary. but even i sometimes find your tirades against people you
disagree with, that involve heavy sexual aggresion, to be extremely tiresome.
disturbing, sometimes. point is, you keep some people away from the
forums- ATHEISTS.
please clean up.

sincerely,

eva, the goddess-like mod. "

What is Eva thinking? can you agree with this statement: " you are smart:"

Choobus knew this would happen. Soon you may not have choobus to kick around anymore :(

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:52 PM   #19
Marquis de Sade

Quote:
Eva wrote
so springer is really jewish!??

so, katia was right!!!!
ha! who knew?
Yeh, I thought that was well known :-p
Old 09-21-2005, 12:04 AM   #20
GodlessHeathen
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Marquis de Sade wrote
Although it does look as bad as a parody, there are actually people like that, so ya never know :-\

I remember watching some episode of Jerry Springer (yeah it was even aired here :-p ) about a right-wing religious family who was saying stuff like ill kill your Jewish family, etc, to Springer.....
Of all the pieces of American culture that we can export to India, we sent the Springer show?!?! :rolleyes:

Maybe it was meant as revenge for all the outsourcing. . . .

Christian: One who believes that the New Testament is a divinely inspired book admirably suited to the spiritual needs of his neighbor. - Ambrose Bierce
GodlessHeathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 12:37 AM   #21
Marquis de Sade

LOL ;-)

Actually not many people watch non-Indian TV, which is a shame because Indian TV is crap - infact most of the entertainemtn industry in India with the exception of art films, and novels, is behind the times - we have a lack of science fiction, horror, martial arts (even though India is actually the origin of all asian martial arts, such as Kung Fu - decended from Kalaripayattu), and lack of sexual stuff - the last of which I mentioned here: http://ravingatheist.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1855
Old 09-21-2005, 12:47 AM   #22
Fryan

Quote:
GodlessHeathen wrote
Of all the pieces of American culture that we can export to India, we sent the Springer show?!?! :rolleyes:
American culture? Isn't that an oxymoron? :P
Old 09-21-2005, 12:55 AM   #23
Fryan

Oh, you must mean the Hooters restaurant chain, Adam Sandler movies, and reality t.v :D
Old 09-21-2005, 07:43 AM   #24
Eva
Super Moderator

*MMMUUUUUAAAAACKK!!!*
:big kiss for chub:

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Old 09-21-2005, 08:00 AM   #25
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Choobus wrote
And so it begins

email from the lovely moderator Eva to choobus

"dear choobus, we have been receiving some complaints about you. they
revolve around your attacks with sexual content. this is totally
unnecesary and disturbing, stop it with the anal sex thing. you are smart: use
ither arguments.
i don't want you to go or feel that you are unwelcome here. on the
contrary. but even i sometimes find your tirades against people you
disagree with, that involve heavy sexual aggresion, to be extremely tiresome.
disturbing, sometimes. point is, you keep some people away from the
forums- ATHEISTS.
please clean up.

sincerely,

eva, the goddess-like mod. "

What is Eva thinking? can you agree with this statement: " you are smart:"

Choobus knew this would happen. Soon you may not have choobus to kick around anymore :(
Lessons in avoiding the Big Banned:

1. This is okay: You're an ass-sucking misogynistic limp dick who can't jack off unless you're crying.
2. This is NOT okay: Choo Bus lives at 123 main street in Athens, Georgia, USA, and his kids, who I would dearly like to kill with a cheese grater, get on the bus a 7:30 am on the corner of Main and Market. I'm watching you, kiddies!

See the difference? :)

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 08:04 AM   #26
Eva
Super Moderator

another difference:
katia is banned. chub is not.

H. L. Mencken
Old 09-21-2005, 08:17 AM   #27
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Eva kissed a chubby. heh heh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:10 AM   #28
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Eva wrote
i banned her. good riddance.
good arguments for/against her, however giving out addresses is too much, even if they are not real.

that's it.

(by the way, i warned her yesterday, and she ignored the warning. one warning should be enough, we are supposed to b adults here. maybe.)
Actually, I was thinking about this last night. Eva, it might also be wise to delete the posts which mention anything threatening to the US presidency. These statements are illegal, and simply leaving them posted here might leave RA vulnerable to a visit from the Secret Service.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:19 AM   #29
Jennifer

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote
These statements are illegal, and simply leaving them posted here might leave RA vulnerable to a visit from the Secret Service.
GS is correct. Section 230 which protects hosts from liability for commenters comments does not cover federal criminal law, which this is.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:11 AM   #30
Eva
Super Moderator

help me locate those posts then, so i can delete them....she posted in many different threads.....

H. L. Mencken