Old 11-10-2011, 05:14 AM   #31
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
What would you give for a free pass to take a bath with Bathsheba after having murdered her husband?
An intriguing question! (Kind of like "Who would you rather do ...?")

By "free pass," do you mean I can take the bath and know Bathsheba in the Biblical sense without the rest of the meshugganah ? I.e., no curse of endless war on my house, no taking my wives and banging them in front of me, and no making my infant son go teats up ?

I think I'd give the severed head of Goliath and a body part to be named later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:27 AM   #32
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Ghoulslime, please. Do you really think, even from just the few posts of mine that you've read, that such an ad hominem attack matters to me in the slightest?

Or are you simply hoping that with your little hate post you will get some attention that you usually don't get in this forum?

"I agree with Ghoulslime!"
"I couldn't have said it better, Ghoulslime."
"You really nailed it, Ghoulslime."
"Ghoulslime--I'm with you!"

I could see you hoping for it as you typed the words, my friend.
Sorry angry, little troll, but you are not amusing to me, and I am not your friend.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:34 AM   #33
Eva
Super Moderator

great post, ghoulie!!!!!!

One of the most irrational of all the conventions of modern society is the one to the effect that religious opinions should be respected....That they should have this immunity is an outrage. There is nothing in religious ideas, as a class, to lift them above other ideas. On the contrary, they are always dubious and often quite silly.
H. L. Mencken
Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:48 AM   #34
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

I agree with you Ghoulslime!
I couldn't have said it better,
You really nailed it,
I'm with you!
Egor, No one gives a fuck what you think.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #35
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
An intriguing question! (Kind of like "Who would you rather do ...?")

By "free pass," do you mean I can take the bath and know Bathsheba in the Biblical sense without the rest of the meshugganah ? I.e., no curse of endless war on my house, no taking my wives and banging them in front of me, and no making my infant son go teats up ?

I think I'd give the severed head of Goliath and a body part to be named later.
I refer to getting away "scott-free" in the afterlife. Note also how David does sin in a different story segment, by conducting a god-forbidden census and it is not David but his people who are punished for it.

God has some pretty screwed-up ideas of guilt and obedience.
It is a good thing He doesn't exist.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:25 AM   #36
Egor

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
Dirt clods? What biology lessons have you sat in? Consciousness has evolved over billions of years.
Biology I, and II. Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Microbiology, Pathophysiology, Human Growth and Development, Nutrition and Pharmacology. You?

The fact is if there is no God, there is no meaning or reason for anything, consciousness included. We might as well be dirt clods

Quote:
If you can only have nobility if God exists, are you stating that it is therefore impossile for atheists to be noble?
No, what I'm saying is that if atheists are right, there is no such thing as nobility. There are only chemical reactions in a chaotic universe.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:17 AM   #37
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Biology I, and II. Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Microbiology, Pathophysiology, Human Growth and Development, Nutrition and Pharmacology. You?

The fact is if there is no God, there is no meaning or reason for anything, consciousness included. We might as well be dirt clods
The fact is, dipshit, that if god does not exist (might have been the deist god who created then scooted), then there would still be all of this stuff including everything that humans made up, including compassion, love, beauty and even nobility. Meaning of life in the intellectual/emotional sense is a human invention that would only be missing for you if you abandoned it, not because it ever depended on some non-existent fictional father figure. It is your lack of intelligent imagination that settles on a slavish service to an absent spirit as your exalted "Meaning" of life. There is nothing noble in voluntary slavery even if it is to a real entity, dungbreath.
Quote:
No, what I'm saying is that if atheists are right, there is no such thing as nobility. There are only chemical reactions in a chaotic universe.
Apparently you are unaware (seriously ignorant) of the phenomenon of emergence. "only chemical reactions" are obviously sufficient for all the complexity of life and thought from which springs all of the higher mental functions. None of the characteristics like love, courage, awe, require an external guide; they form naturally in the trillions of neuron connections of the human brain just as wetness forms naturally from non-wet hydrogen and non-wet oxygen, bugwit.

Condolences on having wasted so much time studying "Biology I, and II. Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Microbiology, Pathophysiology, Human Growth and Development, Nutrition and Pharmacology" while learning so little, toad.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:22 AM   #38
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
Dirt clods? What biology lessons have you sat in?
Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Biology I, and II. Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Microbiology, Pathophysiology, Human Growth and Development, Nutrition and Pharmacology.
Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
Condolences on having wasted so much time studying "Biology I, and II. Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Microbiology, Pathophysiology, Human Growth and Development, Nutrition and Pharmacology" while learning so little, toad.
Nothing was ever mentioned of him actually "studying", Sterny. ILJ was quite specific when he asked which classes he "sat in". I don't doubt that Eyegore wasted/spent any time 'studying'. Pfft. He's the one in the back of the lecture hall that stares and creeps out the girls.

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:09 AM   #39
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Kate, I was merely exercising natural inherent atheist charity, by assuming that the scabby troll wasn't outright lying like the usual sack of quasi-theist he appears to be.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:09 AM   #40
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

How noble of you, Sterny!

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:16 AM   #41
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Yes, what a fine repository of chemical reactions you are, Sterny

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:14 AM   #42
Sternwallow
I Live Here

I'll have you know that I got my constituent mass of energetic particles from rather spectacular stellar explosions (as did everyone).

And, like the present troll, 90% of my measurable mass is exactly the "something from nothing" that he thinks is impossible without intervention in the world by a powerful and intelligent conscious agent.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:15 AM   #43
West491
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
You took all these wonderful bioscience courses which highlight the intricacies and grand processes of the human body and then you go describe yourself as simply "a dirt clod"? Methinks that's a bit bizarre.
West491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:45 AM   #44
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
GET...A...REFUND!!!

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #45
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post

And why can we not classify those chaotic reactions as being noble????? It is a word used to describe a certain action. God ever tell you exactly what deeds are noble?
Your first retort has already been torn apart. If you did sit through all those wonderful lessons how come you learnt so little? What was said in those classes to make you think God had to be the answer? Every shred of evidence points to a gradual evolution of all we see, our minds being just a piece of this wonderful jigsaw. Next we will be getting all anthropic I guess. The universe is so perfect for life it just has to mean there is a God...........
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote