Old 04-23-2006, 11:34 PM   #1
Tenspace
I Live Here

Post something here that interests you. No usurping copyrights, please, and no spamming. Honor system - one pic per day per member.

Here's mine. It's a view from the cabin of a (simulated) Delta Airlines 737 during departure - that's Jacksonville, Florida out the window.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:05 AM   #2
psyadam

here's my random pic:

The Return of the Joker, coming to theaters soon.

Here's one scene from the film: "Riddle me this batman: As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know"
psyadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:42 AM   #3
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
psyadam wrote
As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know"
Are you sure George Bush didn't say that? ;)

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Old 04-24-2006, 06:36 AM   #4
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Quote:
psyadam wrote
As we know, There are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know"
Nope, that was Rumsfeld's 2003 Foot-in-Mouth Award-winning speech from 12 February 2002. It was also parodied in an episode of the Boondocks by Gin Rummy, voiced by none other than Sir Samuel L. Jackson.

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:44 AM   #5
Jahrta

This is actually language used all the time in basic project management. I went to a three-day course on PMing, and the instructor actually mentioned this rumsfeld speech. It was meant to be funny, but it's even funnier that, given the proper understanding of what constitutes a "known known," a "known unknown," an "unknown known" and a "unknown unknown," it actually makes sense.

***This is not to be misconstrued as an endorsement of Rumsfeld***

Think of it as Skull Island for theistic beliefs...Even if you survive the Choobusaurus there is still that ravine full of giant atheistropods waiting to make a meal of you.
"I won't think in your church if you promise not to pray in my school"
Jahrta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:45 AM   #6
Jahrta

Quote:
anthonyjfuchs wrote
Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Quote:
psyadam wrote
Nope, that was Rumsfeld's 2003 Foot-in-Mouth Award-winning speech from 12 February 2002. It was also parodied in an episode of the Boondocks by Gin Rummy, voiced by none other than Sir Samuel L. Jackson.
George Bush never would have been able to keep all of that straight in his little pea brain. hell, he couldn't even get the whole "screw me once, shame on you. screw me twice, shame on me" thing right.

Think of it as Skull Island for theistic beliefs...Even if you survive the Choobusaurus there is still that ravine full of giant atheistropods waiting to make a meal of you.
"I won't think in your church if you promise not to pray in my school"
Jahrta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:44 AM   #7
DrunkMonkey
Alcoholic Primate

Blessings upon her holy hooves:

Not working.

It is an animated gif that I uploaded on Imageshack and I get this:

Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forum/edit.php could not be found on this server.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence." -Richard Dawkins
DrunkMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:59 AM   #8
a different tim
Obsessed Member

Quote:
anthonyjfuchs wrote
Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Quote:
psyadam wrote
You can also get this and more of Rumsfeld's existential poetry here.

Here is my random picture - empty marmite jars artistically arranged by persons unknown in a churchyard in Oxford.

"You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat-catching, and will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family"
a different tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:12 PM   #9
Choobus
I Live Here

This is why people cry at weddings

(isn't this illegal?)

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:33 PM   #10
Tenspace
I Live Here

Would that be a NASCAR tattoo over her left breast?

Old 04-24-2006, 12:34 PM   #11
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Choobus wrote
This is why people cry at weddings http://blog.davisvillage.com/images/redneck.jpg

(isn't this illegal?)
Oh, Choobus... here's their cake:

Old 04-24-2006, 12:35 PM   #12
myst7426

Quote:
Tenspace wrote
Would that be a NASCAR tattoo over her left breast?
It looks like "24." Hmm... Jeff Gordon fan?
Old 04-24-2006, 02:40 PM   #13
UnknownUser

Believe it or not this is a actual game, kinda like Asteroids but so very painful looking when playing.....
Old 04-24-2006, 02:42 PM   #14
WITHTEETH
Obsessed Member

That cake is too much lol!

"We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself."
Carl Sagan
WITHTEETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:15 PM   #15
ocmpoma