Old 02-15-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
dean09

Top evolution evidence...

Hello everyone, what are your top and or most convinceing arguements and evidences for macro evolution or for evolution in general?
Old 02-15-2010, 11:55 PM   #2
dean09

So far since I've been studying on this here are the top evidences and arguments that I have found...

dna, fossil record, human/chimp/ape close resembelences and genetic makeup, junk dna, ring species, and the fact that the majority of scientists adhere to darwinian evolution. Plus the fact that lots of micro eventually equals macro evolution.
Do any of you all have anything to add that's not on this list? Thank you all for your time and responses.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:20 AM   #3
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Your thread starting skills clearly demonstrate unintelligent design.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:29 AM   #4
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
dean09 wrote View Post
Hello everyone, what are your top and or most convinceing arguements and evidences for macro evolution or for evolution in general?
Hello dean, my best evidence for evolution is your mum.

thank you.

choobus

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:38 AM   #5
dean09

My mum is cumlicous, you should poof her sometime.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:14 AM   #6
Sternwallow
I Live Here

An evolutionary throw-back is one who manages to misspell a made-up word or one whose mum is cumlicious.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:23 AM   #7
Sternwallow
I Live Here

A pretty good evidence of macro-evolution is the appearance of a brand-new species which can only eat material that did not exist before 1935. Much more prevalent, but less flashy are the new antibiotic-resistant bugs. My current favorite evidences are the human eye and Darwin's Finches, both of which scream "Evolution" so loudly that even as religious a person as Darwin had to accept it.

With all of this evidence in hand, why do you want more? It would be nice to have more but do you think it is necessary?

Old 02-16-2010, 05:16 AM   #8
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Aw, c'mon, Sterny! Don't do the kid's homework for him! Wait till he finishes it himself (obviously very hard for him) and then feed it to the dog!

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:49 AM   #9
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Quote:
Kate wrote View Post
Aw, c'mon, Sterny! Don't do the kid's homework for him! Wait till he finishes it himself (obviously very hard for him) and then feed it to the dog!
I don't think I gave him much that could be homework material. If we deduce the motivation for every question, we would have to stop answering the dumb theists altogether ("we would have to stop answering the dumb theists").

Do you, Kate, have any favorite evolution evidence that has not been listed above?

Old 02-16-2010, 06:36 AM   #10
Kate
Mistress Monster Mod'rator Spy

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
Do you, Kate, have any favorite evolution evidence that has not been listed above?
No, those are actually my personal favorites. You know me so well

"I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death."
Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:30 AM   #11
Erik

Vestigial limbs
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:52 AM   #12
Whisper

The human evolution fossil record. Love it. Love seeing all the various forms we went through before hitting us - makes me wonder where we'll go next.

Quote:
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.
Charles Darwin.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #13
tjakey

Quote:
Whisper wrote View Post
The human evolution fossil record. Love it. Love seeing all the various forms we went through before hitting us - makes me wonder where we'll go next.
Up in a puff of smoke, to be replaced by a hive mind of some type...
Old 02-16-2010, 07:26 PM   #14
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Whisper wrote View Post
Me too! I am especially fascinated by the dead-end branches of our family tree that almost made it, but lost out to more environmentally suited competitors. The Hobbits of South East Asia seem like something right out of science fiction. And our cousins, the Neanderthals, must have had the same fears, dreams, and aspirations as the rest of us. Their gods never came through for them. They struggled for a while, and then they were gone. I wonder if this will also be the fate of all present day apes, including our own species.

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:49 AM   #15
Whisper

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
Me too! I am especially fascinated by the dead-end branches of our family tree that almost made it, but lost out to more environmentally suited competitors. The Hobbits of South East Asia seem like something right out of science fiction. And our cousins, the Neanderthals, must have had the same fears, dreams, and aspirations as the rest of us. Their gods never came through for them. They struggled for a while, and then they were gone. I wonder if this will also be the fate of all present day apes, including our own species.
The Neanderthals fascinate me. As you said, they were so similar to us and just didn't make it - either because of some inability to adapt or because we wiped them out (a mix of the two?) I find myself wondering what it would have been like to reach the stage we have with the Neanderthals there with us. A sister race (and now I'm thinking of Enterprise and the planet with five species of one race sort of co-existing*) would we have co-existed, or would they have been enslaved, or would they have enslaved us? Realm of science-fiction, of course, but it fascinates me!

(I also feel lonely when I think of our vanished sister races - is that normal?)

*The other half looked it up - the Xindi. We are such geeks.

Quote:
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.
Charles Darwin.
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote