Old 12-05-2011, 02:20 AM   #3151
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Was Jesus a Real Person?

If one happened to come across a tree in the woods, with words carved into the trunk, “Jim killed a bear here in 1873”, one might take the statement at face value. After basic tests were made as to the age of the carving, perhaps a cross section of the tree studied, we could find that the carving was made in the late 19th century, and make a rough verification of the date. It is highly probably that Jim was actually called Jim, and not Bob misrepresenting himself as Jim. Although, it could be an idle boast, there is the likelihood that Jim also killed a bear. We could give Jim the benefit of the doubt with this claim.

If on the other hand, Jim had carved onto the tree, “Jim killed a bear here in 1873, using only his cock as a weapon”, the plausibility of the statement diminishes considerably. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

If we have a religious book, which claims that an incarnate god with many of the identical attributes of other incarnate gods from other religions, performed the same feats of divine magic that other incarnate gods were also alleged to perform, the default position for all but the criminally-stupid members of humanity, should be incredulity. It is a given that the claims of divinity attributed to the man-god Jesus are ludicrous. There is no evidence to support the fantastical claim to the divinity of the Jesus of the New Testament.

However, the purpose of this thread is not to contend over the vacuous claims that man-god Jesus performed incredible acts of divine magic. The question that I have raised from the beginning of this thread is very simple and straightforward: Was the Jesus of the New Testament even a real person? Is there any evidence that he ever existed, even as a common man?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #3152
nkb
He who walks among the theists

Quote:
justthetruth wrote View Post
On a more serious note, Nebuchadnezzar is mentioned in one of my favorite books of the Bible. That is of course the Book of Daniel. It is a book that has driven critics of the Bible nuts for millennia. It has nailed the succession of world empires with 100% accuracy from Babylon to the nations of today. But that is not possible right, for only an all knowing God could give that kind of info in detail. Right?
That is news to me. Please elaborate.

The Bible mentions Angela Merkel and Barack Obama? Wow, that is amazing!

Can you point me to the passage that does that?

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
George Bernard Shaw
nkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:47 AM   #3153
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
Can you point me to the passage that does that?
It's from the passage where most of her shit comes from:-

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:12 AM   #3154
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
It's from the passage where most of her shit comes from:-

The Holy of Holies!

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
Old 12-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #3155
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Man you give sick a brand new meaning.

So the horrific behavior of early Christians doesn't bother you at all but caricatures of Jesus upset you? Typical hypocrist.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #3156
justthetruth

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
The Book of Daniel is also one of my favorite books of the Bible. Aside from the fact that I was named after the protagonist of the story, it is a pretty fair tale of adventure. Although the Book of Daniel makes references to a real historical figure, Nebuchadnezzar, that’s about as far as the historical accuracy extends. The contest between Nebuchadnezzar, the champion of Babylonian deities, and Daniel, the champion for the Judean god, is utter fantasy. This self-promotional tale is typical of Judean lore which attempts to portray their god as mightier than other gods, as a compensation of sorts for the fact that this was not the case.

The fact is, throughout most of their history, the “chosen” sons of Abraham were sandwiched between powerful nations which vied for power with each other. The tribes of Israel got the shit kicked out of them most of the time by regional rivals, whose gods were obviously more empowering than the impotent Yahweh. Notwithstanding Judean fiction writers’ creativity in describing the terrible attributes of their pet deity, and in portraying their religious champions as besting the might of other lesser gods, the fact is it only happened in their boastful tales of propaganda.

The Book of Daniel is not an accurate historical record by any measure. Even if it were an historically accurate account of Nebuchadnezzar, it would not change the fact that the Bible is full of factually inaccurate statements, contradictions, and divisive fabrications. It would also not change the fact that the inventors of the Jesus fable revised the Bible again and again, and even attempted to revise history, in order to make their Jesus fib sound more plausible.

So Trufie, it looks like you have failed to make a case for anything aside from your obdurate insistence that the fairy tales that you were raised to believe in should be given more credence than fairy tales that other people believe in. Do you believe that Horus was a real incarnation of god, born to a virgin mother? How about Mithra? Why should anyone believe your claim that the copy cat Jesus is any less absurd? Copy cat Jesus couldn’t even come up with a single original magic trick. Jesus never existed as a real person. He is a rehash of earlier god men, and nothing more.
Yes Israel did get their rear ends handed to them quite often. It usually happened after their prophets had warned them for a time that their God was going to give them over to their enemies for following after strange gods such as Baal the god of sexuality and Moloch, the god who required child sacrifice. Just like the world today they deserved what they got.

Magic tricks is a term that is strange considering the fact that Jesus raised the dead, opened blind eyes, and healed crippled bodies. The simple fact is you can believe what you want and it does not change the truth one inch. You and many others here are sold out to the fact that God and Jesus never existed. That's ok with God and I because he said he would find little of any faith on the earth when he begins its judgment. Moslems believe in their God Allah. I do not believe in Allah or any other god of any other religion in the world. I only believe in the God of Israel and his Son Yeshua whom he sent to gather a people for his name. Like I always say, I can afford to be wrong. God's Word revealed for centuries that Israel would be driven from their land and for an extended period of time they would be driven among the nations, continually be persecuted, and would return buck to this land prior to the judgment of the nations. A century or so ago there were books written by unbelievers that stated the Bible was false because Israel would never rise again as a viable nation. They stated that it was impossible for this to ever happen because of the Moslem control of this area. I guess God knew what he was talking about in this so inaccurate book as you claim. In is not inaccurate your eyes have been blinded to the truth just as the scriptures declare.

I believe in God and know that he is real because 23 years ago I was operated upon for lymphoma cancer, and at that time I had three small children. I made a request to my God in whom I trusted to at least allow me to survive long enough to raise my kids. That was 23 years ago as I said and there is nothing anyone can say to me to deny his presence. Today I am enjoying my 2 beautiful grand daughters. He does help those that trust in him. The Bible states that without faith it is impossible to please God. I just hope my faith pleases him, that’s all.
justthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #3157
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Quote:
justadouche wrote
I believe in God and know that he is real because 23 years ago I was operated upon for lymphoma cancer, and at that time I had three small children. I made a request to my God in whom I trusted to at least allow me to survive long enough to raise my kids. That was 23 years ago as I said and there is nothing anyone can say to me to deny his presence. Today I am enjoying my 2 beautiful grand daughters. He does help those that trust in him. The Bible states that without faith it is impossible to please God. I just hope my faith pleases him, that’s all.
That is so heartwarming my projectile vomit is steaming.

It's impossible to hear such a glorious tale of God's love without thinking of all the other people who have made similar idiotic deals with God, only to be told by God to fuck off and die.

What a pathetic and puny being you worship. Thank the leprechauns such a duplicitous and fickle monster doesn't actually exist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #3158
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Indeed, and of course the highly skilled team of surgeons and associated medical staff had fuck all to do with proceedings. I wish this shitstain would just fuck off.

Stop the Holy See men!
Old 12-07-2011, 01:46 PM   #3159
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Big fucking deal. Wake me up when YOU score a goal and an assist on the same fucking day you had chemo for Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Jesus saves...AND LEMIEUX BURIES THE REBOUND!

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #3160
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
Yes Israel did get their rear ends handed to them quite often. It usually happened after their prophets had warned them for a time that their God was going to give them over to their enemies for following after strange gods such as Baal the god of sexuality and Moloch, the god who required child sacrifice. Just like the world today they deserved what they got.

Magic tricks is a term that is strange considering the fact that Jesus raised the dead, opened blind eyes, and healed crippled bodies. The simple fact is you can believe what you want and it does not change the truth one inch. You and many others here are sold out to the fact that God and Jesus never existed. That's ok with God and I because he said he would find little of any faith on the earth when he begins its judgment. Moslems believe in their God Allah. I do not believe in Allah or any other god of any other religion in the world. I only believe in the God of Israel and his Son Yeshua whom he sent to gather a people for his name. Like I always say, I can afford to be wrong. God's Word revealed for centuries that Israel would be driven from their land and for an extended period of time they would be driven among the nations, continually be persecuted, and would return buck to this land prior to the judgment of the nations. A century or so ago there were books written by unbelievers that stated the Bible was false because Israel would never rise again as a viable nation. They stated that it was impossible for this to ever happen because of the Moslem control of this area. I guess God knew what he was talking about in this so inaccurate book as you claim. In is not inaccurate your eyes have been blinded to the truth just as the scriptures declare.

Quote:
And it is all true, because it is written in your book of fairy tales for imbeciles!

Quote:
Magic tricks is a term that is strange considering the fact that Jesus raised the dead, opened blind eyes, and healed crippled bodies.
The exact same magic tricks that other redeemer gods performed, as claimed by their believers. Why do you not believe in other god-men? And where is the proof of these extraordinary claims? Oh, yes, right there in your book of fairy tales!

Quote:
The simple fact is you can believe what you want and it does not change the truth one inch.
Precisely! You can imagine that your fairy tales are real. It doesn’t change the reality that you have bought into a delusion.

Quote:
You and many others here are sold out to the fact that God and Jesus never existed.
As with all intellectually-honest atheists, I am not sold on anything. I can always adjust my position as I receive more information. Where is the evidence of your god? Where is the evidence that Jesus was a real person? I have asked this question very clearly. Why have you failed to provide proof that Jesus was anything but a fraud?

Quote:
That's ok with God and I because he said he would find little of any faith on the earth when he begins its judgment.
Trufie, what you think the leprechauns and the unicorns want is of no interest to me.

Quote:
Moslems believe in their God Allah. I do not believe in Allah or any other god of any other religion in the world. I only believe in the God of Israel and his Son Yeshua whom he sent to gather a people for his name.
Uh…news flash for you, dummy! Muslims, Jews, and Christians all worship the same god.

Quote:
Like I always say, I can afford to be wrong.
Like we have already explained multiple times to you already, Pascal’s Wager is a logical fallacy. Why do you insist on continuing your irrationality?

Quote:
God's Word revealed for centuries that Israel would be driven from their land and for an extended period of time they would be driven among the nations, continually be persecuted, and would return buck to this land prior to the judgment of the nations. A century or so ago there were books written by unbelievers that stated the Bible was false because Israel would never rise again as a viable nation. They stated that it was impossible for this to ever happen because of the Moslem control of this area.
What a thrilling self-fulfilling prophecy and straw man fallacy rolled into one!

Quote:
I guess God knew what he was talking about in this so inaccurate book as you claim. In is not inaccurate your eyes have been blinded to the truth just as the scriptures declare.
This accurate book that says we came from Adam and Eve, and that Noah built an ark to put all of the animals in!

Quote:
What a marvelously illogical argument from consequences! I was sick, but the leprechauns made me better! Of course, science, which allowed the operation on your cancer to take place, had nothing to do with it.

What a sad, sorry, dolt you are, Christian!

Now were you going to provide me any evidence that Jesus was ever a real person?

Old 12-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #3161
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Trufie, just because you don't believe in Horus, doesn't mean Horus doesn't believe in you!

Old 12-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #3162
Sternwallow
I Live Here

Without faith you cannot please that shifty guy who parks near the schoolyard and offers all you can eat free candy and a ride.

"Those who most loudly proclaim their honesty are least likely to possess it."
"Atheism: rejecting all absurdity." S.H.
"Reality, the God alternative"
Sternwallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #3163
lostsheep
Obsessed Member

Quote:
So, you allowed treatment by atheistic doctors and research scientists not to mention hard working medical professionals, lab technicians, etc., real live human beings who worked very hard to help save you. But you flatter your own fragile ego with the belief that you are special and favored by a god who allowed you to get cancer, but then changed its mind and healed you...although apparently your god needed the help of surgeons. You fearfully praise your capricious, vicious god everyday so it won't change it's mind and decide to test your faith by destroying your happy life with either another sickness or some other random tragedy. This is sad, actually.

I suppose you rationalize the deaths of many, many others who prayed and died anyway, and you tell yourself that they just didn't pray right, or did not have enough faith, or did not pray to the right god, so this is why they died. Or you say "it was just god's will" because it doesn't really matter to you: you're alive and all's right with the world, at least for you. A real test of your supposed faith then would be to rely on your god for all the medical needs of both you and your children, and to refuse help by the largely atheistic scientific community, which you won't do, because your brain will rationalize any behavior which suits your own interests.

"If God inspired the Bible, why is it such a piece of shit?" (Kaziglu Bey)
lostsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #3164
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Trufie, You are a typically myopic, self absorbed, self righteous christian. What's new? Got anything we haven't seen before? If not, fuck off!

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:55 AM   #3165
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Stop the Holy See men!