Old 07-19-2011, 04:32 AM   #1
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Merkins 2012

2012 ... shirley it be the end of the world.

But leading up to it could be entertaining, what with a Shitlord in the White House and a clown car filled with challengers competing for both the Big Job and the title of Who Iz Most Stoopid.

Let us use this thread to track the krazy, hypochristy, the fail parade, teh gay-hate, and especially the God-blathering that spurts from all our Merkin candidates like loggorrhea spurts from an Imodium salesman's gob.

I lead us off with the Great White Hope from Texas, as yet undeclared, but he'll toss his hat in the ring soon because God Almighty wills him to be a tosser.

Quote:
The pastors told Perry of God’s grand plan for Texas. A chain of powerful prophecies had proclaimed that Texas was “The Prophet State,” anointed by God to lead the United States into revival and Godly government. And the governor would have a special role.

The day before the meeting, Schlueter had received a prophetic message from Chuck Pierce, an influential prophet from Denton, Texas. God had apparently commanded Schlueter—through Pierce—to “pray by lifting the hand of the one I show you that is in the place of civil rule.”

Gov. Perry, it seemed.

Schlueter had prayed before his congregation: “Lord Jesus I bring to you today Gov. Perry. ... I am just bringing you his hand and I pray Lord that he will grasp ahold of it. For if he does you will use him mightily.”

And grasp ahold the governor did. At the end of their meeting, Perry asked the two pastors to pray over him. As the pastors would later recount, the Lord spoke prophetically as Schlueter laid his hands on Perry, their heads bowed before a painting of the Battle of the Alamo. Schlueter “declared over [Perry] that there was a leadership role beyond Texas and that Texas had a role beyond what people understand,” Long later told his congregation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:39 AM   #2
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

We had a little poke at the krazy a while back - please tell me she's the satire candidate.

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:51 AM   #3
ubs
I Live Here

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
We had a little poke at the krazy a while back - please tell me she's the satire candidate.
All but Romney are rodeo clowns (intended to draw fire...I'm guessing you probably don't go to rodeos). I think the GOP has decided it's the Mormon's turn.

Well all but Romney and Paul, but the big media companies hate Paul because he's down on corporate welfare in all it's many forms and pro free speech.

Interestingly there is one atheist candidate on the Repug side - Gary Johnson. He sounds pretty libertarian but I've noticed that he's careful to avoid any conversations about our military involvement, which I take to mean that he is pro-military spending.

Probably I'll end up voting for Paul.
ubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:17 AM   #4
Victus
Obsessed Member

Quote:
ubs wrote View Post
All but Romney are rodeo clowns (intended to draw fire...I'm guessing you probably don't go to rodeos). I think the GOP has decided it's the Mormon's turn.

Well all but Romney and Paul, but the big media companies hate Paul because he's down on corporate welfare in all it's many forms and pro free speech.

Interestingly there is one atheist candidate on the Repug side - Gary Johnson. He sounds pretty libertarian but I've noticed that he's careful to avoid any conversations about our military involvement, which I take to mean that he is pro-military spending.

Probably I'll end up voting for Paul.
If I were in the US, I would be stuck somewhere between Johnson (pragmatic libertarianism) and Paul (probably even more libertarian than me). The former might have some popular appeal (Ok, not really). The latter is so libertarian, that there would probably be at least some policy improvements from him being elected (which is even less likely than with Johnson).

As per Johnson on the military, I hear good things.

"When science was in its infancy, religion tried to strangle it in its cradle." - Robert G. Ingersoll
Victus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:32 AM   #5
Irreligious
I Live Here

I have a hard time believing that the bulk of the American voting public would be all that attracted to a genuine, dyed-in-the-wool libertarian candidate.

Oh, sure, there are lots of folks who would like to see other folks cut off at the knees and deprived of government services, but those same people don't, themselves, want to be cut off from government largess.

The minute they're in need, they'll be demanding government-funded bootstraps.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:59 AM   #6
Irreligious
I Live Here

Anyone surprised?

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:05 AM   #7
Philboid Studge
Organ Donator

Victus, 'pragmatic libertarian' is a bit of an oxymoron, since pragmatism requires real-world decision-making.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
La propriété, c'est le vol ...
Philboid Studge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:32 PM   #8
DyingStrong

Who needs religion?
Who needs government?
Only sheep people who want to be guided, those who want to be fed with the same lies, regulated and want to be told what to do and how to behave.
True democracy, where people really vote and decide for everything. Who needs a stupid congress and house of whores, I mean house of representatives or whatever the fuck.

I say: fuck religion and fuck voting, fuck government and any form of regulation that cuts people's freedoms.
DyingStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:28 AM   #9
ILOVEJESUS
I Live Here

And then we can fuck each other
ILOVEJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:34 AM   #10
DyingStrong

Quote:
ILOVEJESUS wrote View Post
And then we can fuck each other
LOL, we do that anyways, -sex- -violence-

Hey, ILJ, I do not know if you are being serious or you're just joking. But in a more serious note:

I truly believe that the human race (in general) could be well capable of self-governance, each culture and country are different, I know, I am not an expert on cultural differences around the world, but I'm speaking mainly for the US and Mexico's cultures because those are the ones I know the most.
Why not create true democracies where people get proper education, go to schools, colleges and universities where students don't have to owe their souls when they finish their careers; where education is affordable to everyone. THEN, we will be creating a better society full with citizens who can MAKE decisions on their own, they wouldn't be brainwashed by religion nor government crap, lies, manipulations, etc. Citizens will be able to vote for EVERYTHING and people will decide for their future and the future of their children.
Voting for loser politicians will never solve the people's problems. They ALL, and I mean, ALL of them are whores and bend over to the best payer. Once in a while there is one more or less decent politician who can never make it to the top nor make a difference in his country because he gets whacked, killed.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:48 AM   #11
Victus
Obsessed Member

Quote:
DyingStrong wrote View Post
Why not create true democracies where people get proper education, go to schools, colleges and universities where students don't have to owe their souls when they finish their careers; where education is affordable to everyone.
So... who's gonna pay for all this if we're all free to make our own choices (including the choice not to pay for others' education)?

Quote:
DS wrote
Citizens will be able to vote for EVERYTHING and people will decide for their future and the future of their children.
If people are free to make their own choices, then what's there to vote about?

Quote:
DS wrote
Voting for loser politicians will never solve the people's problems.
Libertarian ninja fix.

"When science was in its infancy, religion tried to strangle it in its cradle." - Robert G. Ingersoll
Old 07-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #12
DyingStrong

[quote=Victus;637982]So... who's gonna pay for all this if we're all free to make our own choices (including the choice not to pay for others' education)?

Some will make the choice not to pay taxes to support public education (unfortunate for them) and others will make the choice to pay taxes to support it, especially the ones who appreciate knowledge, culture, evolution, well being, etc.
If you have more people well educated, you will have a better society, a society that would not want to downgrade its standard of living, and will vote accordingly.

[If people are free to make their own choices, then what's there to vote about?]

Many things! Water services, electricity services, education, many many things to preserve the well being of the society, to continue to upgrade it. Freedom gives you the right to vote, Fascism takes it away from you.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:54 PM   #13
Victus
Obsessed Member

Quote:
DyingStrong wrote View Post
Some will make the choice not to pay taxes to support public education (unfortunate for them)
Why is it unfortunate for them? Moreover, if everyone is free to make their own decision, why do we need a public education system at all?

Quote:
DS wrote
and others will make the choice to pay taxes to support it, especially the ones who appreciate knowledge, culture, evolution, well being, etc.
If they're voluntary, then they're not taxes. And if it can be done voluntarily, then there's no obvious reason for the government to be doing it.

Quote:
DS wrote
If you have more people well educated, you will have a better society
I don't think this is obviously the case.

Quote:
DS wrote
a society that would not want to downgrade its standard of living, and will vote accordingly.
No one wants to lower their own living standards. One of the problems with democracy is that it dilutes the incentive to be rational. In a market, irrationality is (on average) swiftly and majorly punished. In a democracy, randomized voting carries no consequence on the individual level.

If you want people to strive towards better living standards, markets trump democracy as an incentive structure.

Quote:
DS wrote
Many things!
Not so much.

Quote:
DS wrote
Water services
Privatize it!

Quote:
DS wrote
electricity services
Privatize it!

Quote:
DS wrote
education
Privatize it!

Quote:
DS wrote
many many things to preserve the well being of the society, to continue to upgrade it.
Any more examples?

Quote:
DS wrote
Freedom gives you the right to vote
Freedom gives you the right to make your own decisions about your life, which are summarily stripped away when other people can out-vote you about said decisions.

Quote:
DS wrote
Fascism takes it away from you.
What's the difference between one's freedoms being infringed upon by a dictator and being infringed upon by a majority vote?

If you want to preserve freedom, markets are where to look.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #14
dogpet
Obsessed Member

Atheist is nothing without theist. Are you fuckers really gonna elect someone who wears magic underpants ffs? Does he have a lucky pair for election day, or do they all sparkle the same when he opens the drawer? Does he wear the same pair every day? what about farts & dribble? How many times a day does he don a clean pair in case of assassination? The free world needs to know these things.

thank goodness he's on our side
dogpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #15
DyingStrong

Quote:
dogpet wrote View Post
The free world needs to know these things.
There´s no free world anymore.